Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

We'll be seeing the scrolls deflate as well if that Nightshadows map is the case.

2. Default

Fire brands are really annoying, since you they're mandatory 2 hit ( two forms) and you can't hit them at all while changing. Plus fire brands won't get you GM scrolls so the point is moot.

Course you can just ID the whole map, then bliz the nightshadows.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Honestly, getting a lot of FKCs and selling those is probably the same kind of profit than farming badges and hoping you get a scroll. With FBs spawn and blizzard, they should drop WAY faster. I'd be willing to bet an AM on average could get a bunch of cordons to match the price of 1 GM scroll in the time it takes another class to farm badges and get a GM scroll.

Plus, there's no pot burn at FBs. You can spam there for hours while the dude at NSs would have to go back to NLC, pot up, and trek back. I can't imagine the exp being THAT bad either.
    Last edited by Takebacker; 2009-03-07 at 07:32 PM.

4. Default

FKCs drop from firebrands???? FK YEAH

5. Harrisonized

LoLoLoL... you just found out?

Anyways, I/L can always ice demon the map, it really isn't that bad if they're that intent on getting GM scrolls.

6. Default

FKC can be rearranged to spell "KFC," which on a forum that's with its share of /b/tards and EDiots is very lulzy indeed.

On topic: GM scrolls will never decline in value, even if the supply increases to twice what it is now. If you think about it, 5 of these suckers in MTS -- that's 5 found in all of GMS. Compare that with the number of Heroes using 1h swords... it'll probably just fan the flames. The prospect of having a perfect weapon is a very attractive one for anybody. And to the best of my knowledge, while items such as 22 att/11 str Maple shields are available fairly frequently, they never become cheaper. Just because there's always one in the server's FM doesn't mean there isn't a stampede to get one at all times. At least on Khaini, something like 6 att facestompers is "fairly well available" during the gold chest events due to the plentiful chaos scrolls, but the moment one is actually MADE, it's put on the market for like max mesos. Chaos Scroll availability will not change that.

7. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

The only problem with the FS example is that the price will constantly increase no matter what, because there's absolutely no way of getting more in the market. What you see now is what you get. Excluding unsold iTCG sets of course.

FKCs on the other hand can change, so if they go under 50m each, then it'd probably be more worth it to farm for the scroll instead of the cordons. There's also the off chance that nexon takes the scroll out of the exchange. God knows how they feel about that in there, if they're aware of it at all.

8. Helium Atom
    IGN: Kevvl14
    Server: Bera
    Level: 14x
    Job: Marxist
    Guild: Typoists
    Alliance: Purified

Hell, I haven't seen any. The Nightshadow map is amazing though, I wish it were easier to get to for lower levels. it'd make a great 8x training spot.
    So, there should be about 4 GM scrolls out there, since MS has been around 4 years?

9. Harrisonized

That's a lie. Before the patch, GM scrolls were upward 300K nx sold. Now I see them popping up for less than 200K.
    That's not true either. A very select group desiring for perfect items and have the funding buy these. They're not going to buy them knowing there's going to be a falling price. Both supply increased and demand decreased causes for a very sharp decline in it's value.
    Yea, like four patches ago, they were over maxed meso and now they're nearly half the price. You haven't been keeping up with the market have you?
    That's cuz Facestompers are no longer able to be produced.

10. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

It's definitely the new map. I ohko as an ArchMage, so it takes 2 full casts to clear a map as I cycle. When I was there just a bit ago, I got all 50 badges in 1 hr 15 min, without 2x drop.

Yea, definitely the new map.

11. Default

http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1539823

^for confirmation

I wonder if they're going to be common enough to drop to 300m or something.
    Considering that it hasn't been long after the patch, there's (kinda) a noticeable increase in their supply already, and considering not everyone knows of the map yet.

Wish they never existed though, makes overpowered (lunchbox) heroes even more overpowered =/.

12. Default

Notice how these two statements are completely contradictory, given that every blizzard costs 7k mp?

Minimum of 2 blizzards per kill, and you can only hit either the left of the room or the right of the room. That's nearly as much cost as Crimson Guardians, for a puny chance of ever getting a cordon even with 2x.

EbonyDiane and I farmed Firebrands for a week together without a single one dropping. That little map isn't likely to help too much when I can have 50 nightshadow badges in hour.

13. Default

"Lying" and being "misinformed" are not the same thing. Cut down on the accusations.

I quit months ago, and yes I have not been watching the market. However, for a VERY long time, things were as I described: always a couple high-end shields in the market, always an obscene demand for htem, always expensive. If something has been like that for like 6 months, yeah I thougth it might be like that now. Correcting that and calling me a liar are not the same thing.

Nexon's game is to wag something in front of your face, make you feel you "need" it and buy it... and then make it outdated.

These new pendants are a very nifty replacement for the HT pendant. I'd say some classes might prefer the new pendant, because of the HP, accuracy, 10 stats, and the 10-12 attack you can get. Remember back when people were buying HT pendants for like 600 mil? Boy they must feel silly now.

Some people might have spent 8 bil or something on a GMed lunchbox, but I am fairly sure they'll put something "better" out there, becuase that's good profits for them.
    Last edited by Derimed; 2009-03-08 at 02:55 PM.