Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

sealed items can be unequipped and also xferred thru banks of same login between chars.

it cannot be dropped/sold/traded.

at least thats how it is in msea.

2. Harrisonized

LoL, reading that, I tried it and it works. I can store my purple cape.
    That's true. However, IDk if it's glitched for untradeable items since that menu saying "once this item is dropped it can't be recovered" pops up.
    Ok, since you are trying to prove that it is indeed the untradeable item that you are dropping, you must isolate the variable...

That means if you have more than one item sealed, take them off of your character, and only leave the test one on your character. Then try dropping it from your equipment inventory with your item inventory closed. That means that the only item you CAN drop is the item that you are testing.

Sorry if it's kinda confusing, but if screenshot, the doubt in our minds must be cleared.

3. Default

I'm fairly certain that the dialogue box asking if you're sure is something that just comes up any time an item is marked as untradeable and does nothing but pass the instruction to drop, which will then be blocked by your seal. I remember trying to drop the Mind of Maple pendant without any success, and I think something similar happened there.

I'm not sure enough on this one to say that I wouldn't like to see screenshot evidence as well, though.

4. Default

fairly certain the popup box will remain, but it will not allow you to drop it. In msea during the hackin phase, there were some evil hackers that scrolled ppl's zhelms 10 x 100% helm def then locked it.

needless to say, the victims were stuck with the helms forever (even when they tried to drop it) since the item locks are forever in msea. at least in GMS, they gave you the option to unlock it thru a SC.

5. Default

it's safe.

I tested just for you. Although you'll note I did it on my maplemas, wasn't risking my ears either
    4 part ss series

6. Helium Atom
    IGN: Anzamyu
    Server: Bera
    Level: 127
    Job: I/L Arch Mage
    Guild: unionofsouls
    Alliance: UnionofSouls

When will hte goggles go away :(

7. Default

never.

8. Harrisonized

Thank you!

9. Default

Guys, it's not about Nexon providing poor security, it's about the dumb users that share their account information anyway. Nexon can't stop that no matter how many MapleTips they have about it. Dumb people are dumb. But in this method at least they'll have some sort of protection, right?

10. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

lol why did you edit out out "whats the freaking point"
    i wanted to say that the freaking point is moar freaking money for nexon.

11. Default

Because I spoke too late.

Anyway, the only way this could possibly be fail is if the following happens: The seal is client-side only. However, considering that you have to log a ticket to get it unsealed, I'm betting against all odds that it is indeed server side.

12. Harrisonized

I wonder what happens when you lock your mount on your character and then try to upgrade through quest.

Also, as a random comment, everyone lock your saddle so you don't have to collect those annoying Dark Jr Yeti Skins in case your friends decide to be pricks and drop it.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-03-07 at 12:23 AM.

13. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

i would have done it, but wasting 4k nx on something that stupid seems not worth it for me. 4k nx is at least 20 mil, so anything not worth more than 30 mil shouldnt be locked.

also, im pretty sure the quest will take the locked mount and give you a new unlocked one.

14. Default

ok, i have an issue with my lunchbox,

I am thinking about sealing it, but then i cant make my future cygnus wear it, or sell it later on.
    but now i read here that you can transfer item trough you locker to other chars, even if they are sealed..

but lunchboxes are untradable, so will i still be able to use carma's scissors on this untradable item when i sealed it?
    so i can tranfer it via my locker to my cygnus?

also im interested in what somebody a few posts before said in this topic about kms having a pin system to undo the seals?
    oh and about the ticket system, would it also work if i send them a ticket for undo'ing a lock even if i did it myself, without getting hacked like the guys in maple sea?

oh and the fact that you can transfer locked items via your storage, as usefull as that may seem, it does have a huge downside: that doesnt make when i seal an item i want to never lose it, but via storage transfers i could just dump all stuff on a new char i made on the same account as the sealed items i want to get rid off, and then delete the char? bye bye items

15. Default

Or you can just save the 4k NX and not share your account with prick friends?

Seriously these items shouldn't be an excuse to go buck wild in sharing ur account info but used just as an extra safe guard.
    Last edited by BTMachinez; 2009-03-07 at 10:42 AM.

16. Default

I don't share my account, but that hardly stops me from wanting to lock my gear. Too much of my information is public knowledge, all it takes is someone bored enough with enough sheer CPU power to brute-force me now that they've removed secret questions and anything that isn't locked can be lost.

It's unlikely, but then again a single slip up from Nexon and all our accounts are wide open. I believe in minimizing risk.

17. Default

Ticket Nexon and they will mnually remove the lock for you next SC

18. Default

I hope that isn't true, otherwise the hacker would ticket Nexon and the lock would be gone.... then the item is theirs.

19. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

This is exactly what i was thinking, once the "hacker" has your account they are you. So it will be easy for them to send in a request on unlocking the item.

This is were nexon needs to add a new batch of secret questions, when you file a ticket to unlock your item include 2/4 right secret answers.

20. Default

Karma scissors don't work on all item marked "Untradeable". There's a special value called "TradeAvailable" which must be active as well to make Karma Scissors usable on it. So, Nexon would have to add TradeAvailable to Lunchboxes for Karma Scissors to work on them. I don't really see them doing that, so it probably won't be possible anyway. Nexon will just forget to give Lunchboxes that option.

That being said, I'd say go ahead and lock it, and should Nexon ever apply "TradeAvailable" you can go send a ticket and have it unlocked.