Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I sincerely hope you got ninja'd.

2. Default

ok cool lol. That'd be pretty dumb if he just stood there trying to hit you with his longrangeattacks.

3. Default

Thanks Russt o-o
    Even though you brought bad news D:

P.S: How different is speed 0 and speed 145?
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-03-05 at 04:23 AM.

4. Default

Lol, 3 minutes in advance? I sincerely hope he didn't.

On another note, Hsalf with haste seems to have +145 speed? Pretty crazy. That thing has to be dispellable, or no one's ever going to keep him under control.

5. Harrisonized

Ok, I changed my battle strategy to accommodate the map design.
    I speculate that it naturally doesn't move. It moves when it's friend the Hsalf, speeds it up with that skill, but I further speculate that can be canceled or controlled simply by dispelling or slowing, respectively.
    And Zakum has 0 speed as well.
    http://global.hidden-street.net/mons...s11.php#zakum3
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-03-05 at 04:39 AM.

6. Default

There is no speculation. He has frames that are specifically labeled as 'move' in the data, which means he will move at the speed he is set to - in this case 0, the same speed as Pig and Orange Mushroom.

Now, if his speed was -100, I might hear your point.

And he does not have any 'movement' frames in the data. Pig, Orange Mushroom, and Rellik do.

For comparison, Haste is +40.
    Last edited by Russt; 2009-03-05 at 04:42 AM.

7. Harrisonized

Ok. Then I have the perfect way to control this, even better than the previous one.

8. Default

So you're saying.. Rellik with haste would move nearly as fast as a lvl70 Hog does?

There's no specific evidence for what I'm saying, indeed, but judging from senses, the difference between monster's 0 speed (a Pig) and a character's 100 speed doesn't seem to be very, if at all, noticeable.

As a contrast, a character's 140 speed is apparently 140% (or simply put as very noticeably) faster than his 100 speed.

So my point is, does the speed system work accurately for both friends and foes?
    or an easier approach would be to answer the question in bold I put at top. =)

Thank you for your patience.

P.S: WOW @ the size of the room. @_@

9. Default

<3 Timetempleistic.

Too bad those aren't actual high level training maps. I'm pretty sure that's just a 'portal room' connecting maps together. I wonder if monsters spawn there and which..

Kalovale: Add 100 to the monster's speed and add a percent sign. Then its units are identical to character speed.
    So yeah, Hsalf with his own Haste skill would be moving at the equivalent of 245% character speed.

10. Default

Sorry for the unnecessary post, but 245% character's speed??? @_@
    How is THAT manageable? Even with slow + dispel.. it's still 155% speed... Taking for granted the BEST scenario that both slow and dispel work..

11. Harrisonized

K I updated it again.

Um, do you think these bosses will have the KB glitch? Because if so, it may be a lot more difficult than fighting normal bosses.
    The difference between 0 and 145 is 45.

IDK why they enter 0 in the place of 100, but 100 is normal movement, and Russt claims 0 = 100 apparently.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-03-05 at 05:05 AM.

12. Default

That's also assuming his own Haste works on himself (though I don't see why it wouldn't) and that there's no monster speed cap (no fair!).

Harrisonized: You forget that some monsters have negative speed values.
    0 in monster data is default speed, or 100% character speed.
    -70, or a stump, is 30%.
    95 (Hsalf) is 195%.
    145 speed is 245%.

It's like converting temperature from Celsius to Kelvin. 0 degrees C is not the same as 0 K.
    Last edited by Russt; 2009-03-05 at 05:12 AM.

13. Default

Wasn't it posted somewhere that you could only enter with 10~20 people?

Edit:

14. Default

Yes it was, on the notice about patch version .66's contents, I was going to mention it but new info about the bosses got the best of me all the times. x_x

Also, is that girl in your sig from FMA? I jogged my brain for quite a while to vaguely remember where she was. =x

I believe I didn't get it wrong.. o_o
    Spoiler

Well, if I did, it's a good thing. >.>
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-03-05 at 05:19 AM.

15. Harrisonized

OK, I edited it out to include the proper parties in the proper proportions. Looks like this will take MUCH longer than I imagined.

16. Default

You're arguing with *about game mechanics* with Harrisonized. He's not going to get it.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-03-05 at 06:10 AM.

17. Default

Meh. I prefer to have faith in humanity.

18. Harrisonized

Don't worry, I get what you're saying. I don't know why people have adopted such attitude against me.