Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

This looks frightening :\! Hsalf is going to be the hardest, I think, but really nobody will know how hard it will be until we figure out how often they use their evil skills (1/1, zombify, poison etc). If it's reasonable, yay. If it's ridiculous (and there are no real warnings to tell when it's going to happen), BOO! I imagine tombstones flying left and right. :D

2. Default

There are 7 Stages to the PQ, so yeah expect some challenges.

3. Default

I personally don't mind puzzles and jump quests, in fact, the tests somewhat intrigue and provoke my undermined enthusiasm xP

Tests of Unity, Wit, and Agility. Any idea how they'll test unity?

4. Default

I WaNT AVOIDABILITIES GODAMMIT NOT STUPID ACCURACY WHO CARES ABOUT ACCURACY I WANNA KNOW THAT I CAN HIT EVERYTHING BUT THAT STUPID 8K DEF BOSS

please?

5. Default

As long as the tests aren't too hard for the average Mapler and we don't get a 10 man stage 8 Ludi PQ then I may have a lot of fun with this PQ. As for bossing I think we're going to have to wait to form strategies.

6. Default

Margana: 42 avoid
    Red Nirg: 39 avoid
    Rellik: 45 avoid
    Hsalf: 55 avoid <---- lolwut?

Old-school highdex ftw? I have 181 accuracy unbuffed =/

As for the 10-man stage-before-Alishar LPQ, it is really unnecessary, just an overly repetitive and monotonous work. If any quiz should be remade, I'd say APQ stage2 (or OPQ Sealed Room) with more persons, or worse still, more ropes/platforms. But that wouldn't very creative.
    Hence, I really can't wait to have a go at the puzzles, then pass by to say hi to the Grandmasters and leave in one piece, hopefully.
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-03-05 at 03:25 AM.

7. Harrisonized

Let's keep this on topic please. We're talking about strategy here, not what other tangents you may come up with.
    That's what the other thread is for.

~~~~~

Anyways, bored4ever86 PMed me saying that this:
    Spoiler

was the map that the battle is in.

Doesn't look like it though:

If it were that map, it'd seem kinda lame.

8. Default

yes the map seems "lame" for the boss battle, i mean anything seems lame to having that giant statue in the background, but the name of the map is Grandmaster Council Hall and the fact of 4 thrones (of which each one matches a grandmaster) seems more plausible/logical to being the room which you get to play with the grandmasters... as to the purpose of the map with the giant statue, i would say the etc weaps are placed on each part of the statue to open up the next room...

and I'm thinking that it will alt between the masters, not all at once but rather all are in the map just sitting on their thrones and one jumps down attacks us for a while then hops back up to his throne and one of the other grandmasters jumps down and fights
    seems a little less impossible this way but stillhold true to the 4 grandmasters bossfight and prolongs the lower hp GM's as well as adds to the "fun" of the boss fight
    Last edited by bored4ever86; 2009-03-05 at 03:47 AM.

9. Default

Either way, if Rellik wasn't meant to be immobile, the in-debth stategies seem to prove no value. All you can say for sure is general obvious heads-up's such as:

- Bishops don't heal when Margana is around (Drks already go pms at Heal even without Zombify)
    - People with Rush/Dragon Breath keep whatever needs pinning pinned
    - Rellik is weak to Fire and Hsalf is weak to Ice, go Mages and Pallys
    - Etc..

Precautions are greatly appreciated, but strategies would still need to wait.

I do have a question though. How positive are you about "The Poisonous Nuke" (1/1 + poison) being a guaranteed instant death call?

I apparently didn't train enough at Zombies to know how Poison works, but as well as I can remember, I didn't die with 1 HP while poison-bleeding.
    Sorry if it sounds absurd. To be honest, I'm less than 50% sure about what I'm stating right there; but still, it's not 0% so I'm asking just to be sure.

10. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

it makes some sense seeing as the thrones are there, but it could be the map after the fight. We'll just have to see :/

EDIT: im going to say that this room is 100% the room, the other room you posted has the 5 statues that need to have the etc weapons dropped in front of. So my guess is that that room leads to this room.
    Last edited by Sn1perJohnE; 2009-03-05 at 03:49 AM.

11. Default

After having faced Ergoth, I can safely say 1/1 with poison is EXTREMELY pineappleING HARD HOLY pomegranate to deal with.

12. Harrisonized

I honestly don't think Rellik was meant to move, judging from the attack animations.
    I did mention those, if you read my strategies. I merely went beyond and speculated how the fight would occur. No harm in including extra information right?
    If you have ever done Zakum PQ, you'd know that you'd die from poison if you do not pot.
    ZPQ may work differently from Zombies though.
    I would say so too. However, if so, then you can just summon the four in order. Also, if they appear on the top, being crowded like there would be no way to fight them.

That map just looks like the lounge of OPQ, where items are placed and when the final form of whatever needed to be completed is complete, leads you to the boss map.
    Unfortunately, this seems very illogical to me that they would have disappearing and reappearing bosses.
    Hmm, that's an interesting inference. May I have the source of where this was stated?
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-03-05 at 03:54 AM.

13. Default

DB doesn't work on bosses and is more likely to DC you than do anything helpful. Paladins are weaker than Heroes on Ice-weak bosses and about equal on Fire, not too spectacular.

14. Harrisonized

K I'm going to change my strategy to fit the map since I've just accepted that that would be the Hall will be the battleground.

15. Default

Yes you did, and I didn't say you hadn't o.o

I was just trying to point out the obvious, suggesting that you might want to add in some interesting facts about the bosses that everyone should know before butting their heads in.

Then again, if Rellik can't move, this battle seems more manageable. Otherwise we'll surely get our asses kicked and sue Nexon for using weeds during work hours.

Thanks for your confirmation on nuke+poison. Seemingly ZPQ placed such a pressure on me that I kept potting and never had the chance to die from poison.
    Still L > authoritative confirmation~

@Dusk: I personally only think of the 'elemental advantage' Nexon gave Palladins in this patch as a chance to participate equally among other classes. 'Go Pallys' didn't mean 'leave those to the Pallys', but rather 'stick your heads in those things and don't bother about the rest, Pallys'
    Last edited by Kalovale; 2009-03-05 at 04:08 AM.

16. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

only source i have is the Mastery etc weapons from the extractions, and i believe someone else said that they needed to be dropped in front of the statues, and seeing as there is a seperate stage for each job, an etc for each job, and and NPC statue for each job, it kinda makes sense.

EDIT: a good way to think of this, is kinda like a mix between LPQ (puzzels), GPQ (job related rooms), and a large scale boss fight (HT with multi parts).
    Last edited by Sn1perJohnE; 2009-03-05 at 04:12 AM.

17. Default

And judging from the move animations, I am absolutely sure that he is.

This isn't a screwup, because he isn't lacking some sort of 'immobile' tag. It's the other way around; immobile monsters lack the frames that tell them how to move.

As for poison, some types kill you, some types do not. I know for a fact that both exist because I've both died and been left at 1 HP in the past from being poisoned by different sources. Since the 1/1 attack is combined with poison, it's only logical that the poison is the lethal kind, because the non-lethal kind would just instantly disappear when coupled with 1/1.
    Last edited by Russt; 2009-03-05 at 04:12 AM.

18. Default

wait wtp? the archer boss dude doesn't move?

19. Default

He does. He just has a speed of 0, which means he moves at default speed.

Pigs and Orange Mushrooms have 0 speed too. Hm...