Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

Heh. Well...if I can't download it, I'm at a loss. Oh well, the problem seems to be recurring less often, I'll live. Thanks anyways, keep up the good work

2. Default

Okay...

I can not get windows mode to work in Vista or W7.

Any ideas? The game boots up fine and what not, just alt+enter does nothing, and checking the box does nothing.

It's extremely painful to try and play MS on a 24" 16:10 screen.

3. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

I'm afraid that I'm not aware of what could be causing that issue. :x

I've never really had issues with window mode, sorry T.T

4. Default

This is really frustrating. I've tried on two different Vista installations and now on a W7 install (which is basically vista anyway), but windows mode just won't work.

I press alt+enter and nothing happens.

Why won't it work?

It's driving my crazy. I thought I'd finally be able to delete my xp partition now that gameguard is gone, but I can't play this game full screen.

5. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: DamyouAL
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Night Lord
    Guild: ALandCrew
    Alliance: NaR
    Farm: https://vgtnyc.com

Windows Vista SP 2 is out

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error still happening, i have tried all 3 of your solutions none have worked, any updates?

6. Default

Curious as well. I already have SP2 installed. I just Zak'd for the first time tonight since the latest Patch. I got instantly kicked off a couple minutes into 3rd body and got Runtime C++ w/e errors. I have never had these errors before.

What happened?

7. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Ugh, you mean that SP2 made things worse? Dammit microsoft >< SP1 fixed a LOT of issues that people where having with graphics and getting Runtime errors.

Quick question felix, so you had SP1 before and it was working fine... but then you got SP2 and MS went explody at zak. Did I understand you correctly?

8. Default

Yes I understand what you're implying. lol It could be nothing more than coincidence. This was also the first time I've Zak'd since the latest Patch. I was able to Zak just fine previously. The two things that changed are A) New Patch B) SP2

Yes, I got SP1 when it came out long ago, and it never gave me any problems.

9. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

T.T dammit microsoft... making me work more... I'll see what I can dig up. Can you tell me what exactly the error said? There's quite a few different types of runtime errors. So it'd help to know which one you got. Seeing as how it was a zak related problem... I'll continue to check this thread for when you're able to recreate the scenario.

Oh also, what graphics card are you guys using?
    Last edited by shouri; 2009-07-26 at 03:34 AM.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I have SP2.

For me, when i first got this computer i zakked to see if i'd be fine. First time, C++ runtime error. The fix was updating the library from the microsoft site. Easy fix. Next run, the client closes. No error. No nothing. Then made a thread about it and decided to change my graphics setting even if i didn't want to. I go zakking 3 times a week nowadays with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

11. Default

Care to link to what you downloaded? Thanks in advance.

12. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

( Felix, comments to you start very near to the bottom. )

Disclaimer: The following solution fits Takebacker's problem more than Felix's but you're welcome to try it anyways... it just might not be safe to do so if you are not having the problem that the microsoft article describes. So please PLEASE... anyone who uses this next solution... PLEASE make a system restore point right now. If you back up your files regularly, now would be a good time to do so.

It's not that this "fix" can kill off your computer or something like that. I just don't want people who DON'T have this problem to try this anyways and then end up having installed something they didn't need to which COULD potentially cause issues. It's a "hotfix", it's being worked on, but it has worked for some people.

Okay, so I stumbled into two new possible solutions after a quick search. The only problem is that there's no way at all for me to tell if these solutions are the proper solutions to a given person's problem.

I found this in microsoft's support files. The solution they present is termed "The Vista Hotfix".

Uh yeah ... that part I bolded up there is my worry. I've looked around a few places and have seen posts claiming that this hotfix worked for them after experiencing C++ errors or just randomly closing application troubles as well. HOWEVER! I've seen just as many posts of people complaining that this didn't work for them.

Here's the link to request the hotfix:
    Hotfix Link << Do not click this if you don't know what you're doing or haven't read the rest of this.

When you're given the option of what to download click on the "show additional info" on the right side. Please do NOT click on any random one and install it.

If you're using vista 32-bit version, you'll want the latest one with platform: x86. Users of the 64 bit version will want the latest x64 version. The date you should look for is 10/22/08. Once again I must STRESS, if you are unsure of which one to install, don't install it. First, make sure that your problem at least CLOSELY matches the description in the article clip I provided.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

So Felix, as I write this I realize that this in NO way explains why in the world upgrading to SP2 would cause this problem. You might wanna try running MS in compatibility mode for windows XP. You'll definitely want to make sure you have your drivers updated.

The skeptical side of my mind tells me that since SP2 is still beta, the companies still haven't adjusted their latest drivers to deal with anything different or any changes brought about by SP2.

This begs the question... what graphics card do you have?

13. Default

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

14. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

ok, I'll lurk around a few places I know, and I'll let you know if any other NVIDIA peeps are having similar issues and perhaps found solutions. And now for my random thoughts...

Goddammit microsoft... I'm NOT a freaking IT expert.. stop making things complicated for me .

15. Default

Ok, my zakum run starts in 2.5 hours. I NEED A WAY TO SURVIVE ANY DC.

D:

Does the window mode/lower res or anything still work?

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I should probably answer this question too...NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M.

17. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

I found a post that might interest you; they're talking about how that graphics card can handle WoW. I think this can apply at least slightly to MS.

In your case you'd go to your nexon folder and look for the maplestory.exe icon and you'd do the same. That's if you want to try this, that is.

To felix:

You might wanna read this:

But as we concluded before... your MS was playing perfectly fine before the update to SP2. BAH! what to do... what to do...
    Last edited by shouri; 2009-07-27 at 02:16 AM.

18. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I'm confused. Why exactly would i want to do that? To make it so i don't have to change quality when i boss?

19. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Well, I'm just offering it up there as something that people on other forums did when their game wasn't running properly. You could go ahead and try this on a Zak run if you're willing to test this. But once again, that's just up there for your use and only if you even feel like using it. Nothing I provide here is provided to force anyone to use anything... I'm just... a collector of solutions... you might say.

Oooh I should so get my usertitle changed to that... "Collector of Solutions"... it has a nice ring :D

20. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I know nothing here is being forced, however if what you suggest is in my best interest in terms of performance and fixes the thing that kinda gets annoying but i don't really mind anyway, i will test it out.

I have a run tomorrow, so i will post my results afterwards.