Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

I spent a while last night downloading relevant updates from the Microsoft site itself, and the next available update (according to my Windows Update) is SP1. I ran SP1 and it got much further than it had before, but errored at around 50% due to an internal error. I'm going to try it again now and see what the error message gives me. (In regards to the problem I had before, I had an update which wouldn't install for a YEAR... and a lot of 6 month old updates which were pre-requisites for SP1. I'm determined to get this sorted out. >:o)

2. Default

Well I did the lag solution however it still appears as loading. I think it may be my Internet (Although it never has any problems)

Should I post a hijackthis?

3. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

What I find odd is that you're missing a process from MS that should appear during start up before even opening the game. You may wanna try to redownload MS.

4. Default

Sure, I'll try it later.

5. Neutron
    IGN: Darklai
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 12x
    Job: I/L Kweh <3
    Guild: FinalFantasy
    Alliance: Chemmis

Ahh! A kind, brave soul dedicated to help with Vista issues~! They're quite random aren't they? x3
    I wrote a guide myself on lag reduction for Win XP, and you're the only other person I've ever heard of recommending the change on virtual memory. It's a clear sign of a pro :'D.

I downgraded from Vista to XP because my version simply had too many bugs (yes, bugs) in it to keep me sane. All I can say to that though is keep all drivers up to the date everyone. Other than that, just a big congrats for solving the mysteries out. ^^

6. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Thank you very much. Your kind words are more appreciated than you might think. I'm still quite new to fixing Vista issues, so I tend to just try everything I can think of if I don't know about the issue. But thanks to doing that on the previous forum, I've gotten a bit better. There's still way too many types of issues that I haven't encountered so I'm a bit worries about dealing with those. But like I said before, encouraging words are magnificent to hear, and thoroughly appreciated.

7. Default

Can you also post the name of said process? Thanks.

8. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

npkcmsvc.exe

9. Default

Alright, I just checked and it is not running when I start up my comp. This may be the problem I am having. Is there any way to start up this process? If not, Is there anyway I can get access to it?

10. Default

That's not your problem at all. When did your maple stop working.

11. Default

Well, long story short, on my old comp Maple stopped working when we changed our ISP. Instead of our old internet jack, they used a closer one. But, also On my old comp it could start but frooze after 5 minutes.

12. Default

Form of lag; I can't tele consistently, it..stutters? I tele, then it takes 2 seconds before I can tele again. It's the same with my MG>Medi>Booster macro or my boar. 2 second lag before anything happens, I can't even get off my chair until after ~2 secs.

13. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Well there's two immediate sources I can think of. But if you' d have read the entire first post, there's a lot of things you forgot to do >>

Where's the comp specs? your speedtest.net results? Can't quite help if I dont even have those :3

14. Default

Thanks shouri for this helpful Guide. I doubled my ram from 1720 to an initial of 3440 and max of 5160 by taking up some hard drive. Is it safe if triple it like 5160 to 6880?

Last edited by nitral; 2009-03-15 at 01:48 PM.

15. Default

Sorry there, but it doesn't say anything about that, unless I missed it.

Anyways:

Speedtest:

Specs:

16. Default

Well, to start, I have Vista and whenever I walk in front of a Maple TV, Maple freezes and eventually disconnects on me. Anyone have any idea why that might happen?

Also, Maple, for some reason, won't operate in full screen mode for me. Whenever I click play on the launcher, it shows up with a black screen saying...

2 : Analog Input
    Cannot Display This Video Mode
    Optimum Resolution 1440 x 900 60Hz

17. Default

MapleStory works when you're in windows mode?

I believe you might want to try setup.exe in the MapleStory folder. Follow the instructions, and hope you can get it to work with fullscreen.

And the Maple TV problem... I'm going to guess that something's overloading in your CPU and causes MapleStory to run too slowly, thus causing the disconnect. I believe this graphic is a flash object being called from somewhere on your computer (people have demonstrated being able to alter the Maple TV images). I have no idea what will happen if the flash object is entirely missing however; probably an error will occur and cause MS to shut down. One basic thing to try is updating your Graphics Card and see if that works.

18. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

It's definitely safe, but it wont be of any use. Unlike actual RAM, this virtual ram is only there to help if a particular program is taking up a lot of your physical RAM. 5160 is more than enough for any particular program.

As for you Gstatue, I'm gonna say that from an initial inspection its your internet. Your computer has more physical Ram and a faster processor than mine. Yet I run MS rather smoothly. What type of graphics card do you have?

And HooKarez, what are your current graphics settings? Are you currently using 1440x 900?

19. Default

NVIDIA GEforce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

Prolly is my modem however.

20. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

After a lengthy google search of your card and what people thought about it, maybe 1 person said something good about it. Everyone else claimed that the card was horrid for games. A majority of people also suggested that an upgrade to an 8600 would be very beneficial especially for vista users. Windows XP users will barely scratch by with a 7100.

-Source: Google ><