Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.200] Balrog Boss

1. Default

Chaosed facestompers will always beat out any old shoe, but this comes out to be a very close second ;D

2. Default

Oh for sure, depending on how you look at it, a well-chaos'd fs would turn out better. However, you can't white scroll to get optimum results with chaos scrolls, and I'm actually thinking more in line of a mage, personally.

I could also sit here right now, and tell you how white scrolling those shoes would be a better idea than chaos scrolling a pair of FS by the time GMS even gets those shoes, but I don't wish to turn this into any sort of debate topic, but let's just say, if you are funded enough to do any serious chaos scrolling on fs, or any white scrolling period, I'm fairly certain those shoes can mean the difference between a 40 attack clean lvl 90 claw, and an 82 attack clean Timeless claw, if I got my stats right, and I'm certain you can do the math and figure that 42 > 27(at max, chances of that are slim). That's only in theory though.

I need a good place to get all the stats of certain items that could actually be coming to GMS, and then I can work out the details just right, cause obviously if equipping these items would ultimately weaken you, it's pointless.

As for the nerfing, if they want to, it doesn't matter how good it is or isn't, they'll nerf it lol. Besides, that's something only the ultra funded can do.
    Last edited by MaplesGrandGM; 2009-02-20 at 12:22 AM.

3. Default

That's 100% weapon damage and 80% magic damage reflected... there's really no room for error here O_o

Ummm... you know people can actually add to their secondary stat, right?
    Last edited by Cyanne; 2009-02-20 at 01:24 AM.

4. Default

lol I'm fully aware of that Cyanne. Again though, I'm a stat wh0re. I just started looking up what I could get, and aside from scrolling those shoes, and scrolling a zhelm, I'm up to 128 dex without scrolling anything that I would rather scroll for luk. I don't think I can go any further, without sacrificing luk scrolling, but the attack would make that worth it.

Anyways, this is the first boss that reflects damage right? I don't know much about Pink Bean honestly, but I'm fairly certain he doesn't have it either does he? That'll be interesting, it'll be the one time it may not be advantageous to have damage that is far beyond your level.

5. Default

Thank you for the update, Isaac.

The new boss looks great. I can't wait to battle him in GMS.. too bad, it'll take like 1 year to get it. T_T

6. Default

Shame that the shoes will never be as good as Facestompers. I think they're pretty cool too.

7. Default

You don't need excessive luck though, at the levels 100 white scrolls would be "affordable" you're looking at 7-8 stats = 1 atk, for a 6-7 atk shoe to beat the best possible outcome.

I'd say the stats aren't important. The speed and acc mean something to classes who don't automatically have them maxed out. And the fact that they are 40 hp each for 240 hp on a perfect shoe means a lot more than some damage.

On the one hand, 12 atk FS.
    On the other, 50 stats plus 24 speed/jump/acc/avoid, 84 def/mdef, and 240 hp/mp.

Yeah.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2009-02-20 at 03:01 AM.

8. Default

these shoes would be excellent for magicians. (the best they have is yellow snowshoes)

9. Default

The balrog... i can only use one word to describe it...
    epic

I'm actually surprised it's only level 70 (Jr Balrogs level is 80 I think). Was expecting it to be 100+ especially when it has powerful skills like zombify.

Also the baby balrog are so cute =3! I definately would want it as a pet

10. Default

! Tutorial guides for KoC...

i hope they has chair quests!

11. Default

Wow those crappy Balrog shoes just got a whole lot more interesting. It's nice to have a big boss for mid 3rd jobbers to fight.

12. Default

OMG I cant go and test this because I already have 3 chars;; O-o

13. Default

What are karma scissors o_0?

14. Default

Cash shop items that allow you to trade certain untradeable items.

The boss looks pretty cool. Facestompers are only good because they can be Chaos'd, these shoes beat the hell out of them otherwise. Once Maker comes out, even normal class shoes will beat Facestompers.

15. Default

the "Wood" item would lead me to believe they can get relaxers now. Not a different relaxer though, cause they didn't add a new one. Then again, the wood item's graphic is still that of a letter so they may make special Cygnus chairs (lol?).

Also, this is worth noting, the new boss doesn't have a Monster Book card yet.

16. Default

And the Balrog Soul`s HP Gauge Icon (Next to the HP bar) is Pink Bean`s. Also I remember there being a change to the Quest UI window.

But anyway, seems to be a good patch.

17. Default

oooh
    [YOUTUBE]Kyhs9PU51Yk[/YOUTUBE]
    the only problem i have is the baby balrogs. I always thought jr rogs were weaker/younger than crimsons, so why would baby rogs have wings..?

18. Default

Nice. Thnx for extraction.

Looks like it has the same Zombify curse as Pink Bean.

Those shoes can't beat face stompers though XD

19. Default

those shoes = more washing. lol.

I want the hp, I could certainly use it.

somehow, I doubt it will remain open to all levels. those shoes would make the higher levels camp it and not allow 3rd jobbers to attempt to take it down, I think.