Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Kind of makes sense, but the pigs for lvl 50~60 have around 500 hp, while the ones for 70~80 have 1300.

2. Default

oh crap, you're right. there are several more copies of the Pig. They go all the way from level 10 to 150, and the level 10 one has 30 HP and 150 one has 5k HP so none of them should really matter.

3. Default

Theyre probably just gonna say that Black magician awakened the old balrog(a.k.a Tristan's balrog).

4. Default

Who's to say that Tristan didn't kill the balrog? I don't recall the particular dialogue (probably because I haven't done the quest), but he could have defeated it without killing it. The balrog went into a long period of recovery and strengthend his skills while 'asleep'. Now he has awaken to claim his _____ (if there is something for him to claim).

Just throwing it out there.

*waits for someone to say it can't happen *

5. Default

Well, you see the giant skull of a balrog, so I think it's dead.
    I'd say Tristan killed the balrog in a last-ditch-chance attack that killed him also.

And a teaser preview said "Resurrection of the Lucifer Balrog" so...

6. Default

Lucifer Balrog doesn’t sound scary at all. It makes it sound like some sort of refined gentleman with a monocle and a top hat.

7. Default

Lucifer is another name for Satan, or the Devil.

Lol at Gentleman Balrog.

8. Default

I know that that's the angle they are going for. But when I first read it that is what popped into my mind. Not some satanic balrog.

9. Default

the word could be translated into numerous different things, not just Lucifer, so it's hard to know what its actual name is supposed to be.

10. Default

If you just grabbed that from the Map Objects, I don't think this is actually for the maps in-game. It's more for the server select page when you're logging in. The fact that it's exactly 800x600 is strong proof xD

Also, whatever happened to that balrog thingie that appeared in the Neo Tokyo patch for JMS? I keep getting the feeling that it's related somehow, yet the fact that it's for JMS tells me it's not. I suppose only time will tell for now.

11. Default

I didn't assemble it. But no, it's not in the section where the server select BGs usually go. I think it's just for a really small map (like an exit or reward area).

12. Default

Hmm, if you've looked around on perioncorner.com long enough, it has some of the "server select" images under "Map Objects". The specific instance I'm pointing to as key evidence is the tree branch + ropes that held up all the wooden planks with the server names/icons on them. It's an outdated image though I believe, but still being used today.

Source: perioncorner.com/.../map.wz/Obj/login/...

13. Default

Where did 'Lucifer Balrog' come from? If it came from '마왕', it's a mistranslation, I think. '마왕' in games means the ultimate boss, the king of the monsters, etc// Although 'Lucifer' DOES convey the sense of the word '마왕'.....

14. Default

The golden pig belt's emblem look's a lot like a piwi/tofu from Dofus.