Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

This new balrog might be the "Zakum" for mid levels. Maybe for Lv80-120s
    The balrog's shoe equip might be low leveled, but the same kinda applies to the Zakum Helm. The helm has a Lv50 req. but you gotta be Lv120+ to be able to stand a fight against Zakum itself.

It's kinda interesting that they're expanding on these old stories that we've forgotten, or never even heard of.

Looking forward to fighting it. *_*

EDIT: Any idea what the ETC eggs with the pseudo-NDS logo and the EXP UP sign do?
    Last edited by Baklava; 2009-02-13 at 02:34 AM.

2. Default Goldrich quest video

Goldrich quest video

[YOUTUBE]dh-5t2AifTM[/YOUTUBE]

...and, goldrich quest is NOT partyquest.

3. Default

The difference is that the Zakum Helmet has very high stats, in keeping with the difficulty of slaying Zakum, and notwithstanding the level 50 requirement.

This new shoe seems to have stats that are appropriate for a level 30 shoe - similar to the stats of Spiegelmann's Necklace which is also level 30.
    I get the feeling this new shoe drops from the level 50 balrog in the data.
    (Seems kinda strange there's a level 50 balrog when "junior balrog" is level 80, but that's MapleStory logic for ya).

If a future update adds a "Sr. Balrog" which is more of a challenge, I expect it to also add a more impressive drop.

4. Default

That's a shame that it isn't a party quest, but at least that means it will be easier for me to do it then.

Lately it really seems like they are finally getting round to fleshing out the story of maple story. All I can say is, it's about time. Like someone said earlier the Tristan’s story was one of the more interesting quest stories.

5. Default

That's Sayram, he's a different Hero (but it's in the same vein as Tristan). He has more to do with Leafre than Vic.

6. Default

I highly doubt the Lv50 rog mobs will be dropping anything of importance. They're probably for a pre-requisite quest for before fighting the boss itself.
    And since this is still in beta stage, its stats can still be better fleshed out.

7. Default

Doesn't the clothes of Tristan remind you the BossHunter's Clothes?
    it's even has little feather in the hat :P

8. Default

Ah, that was the name, pardon my mistake - I'm getting on in years, you see

9. Default

I had to go double check myself lol.

10. Default

-cough- ehm... -.-'

11. Default

Seems like typical "Knight in shining armor" armor from lots of mythology and fantasy to me >.>

They were probably both just based on that concept.

And i'd REALLY love to see the balrog that massive skull belonged to, lol.

12. Default

I have a feeling that is the present Manji. Since we can only see his back atm.

Oh, and any info on Goldrich PQ? Is it in the Time Periods? (U said something about Elin, or something)

13. Default

Manji. Black hair, not red.

KMST 1.2.199 is done, I'm gonna edit it into this thread cause it's relatively minor.

14. Default

Maybe it's his bro.

D:

15. Default

Even if his hair is now black, it may have turned black with age from his old red. Who else would this be? If that is Tristan, than what other warrior was there at the time of his death? And what other warrior, if there is one, could look so much like Manji?

16. Default

I'm just saying it's not present manji :p

As for KMST 1.2.199, it was REALLY minor. they just added a new pair of shoes, with the same stats as the other pair but a slightly different name. the belts' stats were adjusted, but it was only a little bit of defense (7 for the first and 8 for the second) so it doesn't really seem noteworthy.

17. Default

The ETC eggs give EXP when you bring them to Goldrich.

And Isaac, any ideas on what this does?

18. Default

For the Goldrich quest maps:
    I think that people with lvls 13-20 are warped to map #1,
    21-30 to #2, 31-40 to #3, and so on.

Can you check if there are datas for 12 different "Golden pigs" in the wz files?

this would explain the 12 different eggs(one for each level range)

19. Harrisonized

I don't know why I still remember this as I did the quest for this over a year ago, but Manji talked about being SAVED by a warrior while he was wandering around in the dungeon. Then he took the broken sword from the warrior when that warrior fell to whatever monster attacked him (balrog? I'm not sure). It would be possible that other warriors are there for the same reason Manji was: curiousity.

20. Default

It has a quest script where a Zombie mushroom-type seal appears on it, like when the Snow Spirit's statue is reconstructed after you finish that quest. It's undoubtedly related to the Balrog Boss, possibly a quest for defeating that.

If there were 12 gold pigs it would be mentioned. There are 12 copies of the eggs though, so more than likely the drop is related to some quest that you have active and that's how it varies for level ranges.