Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FM Courtesy

1. Harrisonized

-Sorry. SP logged me out while I was replying and I guess it doubleposted.-
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-02-12 at 11:53 PM.

2. Default

Well, you guys have quite the argument going on here...

Maplers lack human decency. Most do nothing unless it will benefit them. They suck. Period. Every time I go to set up my store I see people taking up two spots, I see platforms where you could fit at least three more on it, and that's just in the Henesys rooms. It's not like it is hard to just take a few steps to the left or a jump to the right. Yet people will not do this, because common decency is pretty much an oxymoron when it comes to this game. People won't do a single damn thing, no matter how small, unless they can get benefit out of it, and it's sad. I'll have to side with Harrison on this one.

3. Harrisonized

I cannot say whether or not she was saving for a friend, but I could say she wasn't racing anyone to get it. I suppose you're right in that if they were going to save for a friend, but based on her reply to me, I was 75% certain that she was not. However, now it is impossible to tell.
    Personally, I have never seen an ACer go AC a "middle" spot. Rather, they go seek out those with only 1 or 2 items in their store and stand exactly on top of that person.
    Or worsen it. It may give you fame, but from who? People who you don't know personally. Thus, intrinsic motivation is at play and therefore it's not the benefits that keeps you visiting forums and replying.
    Well, saving a spot for a friend is acceptable. Selling two spots is not? How are you going to sell the other spot? In order for that to happen, there must be some very high trust between you and the buyer. What if the buyer buys the spot and you deny it? What if the buyer buys your spare spot and then he teleports onto your spot and take both?

Thus generally when that happens, people WILL leave rude messages because there's not a very plausible way for these deals to happen.
    Then the person bothering you doesn't know what he/she is talking about them and you can just ban them from your shop or blacklist them for a day or so.
    That's true, some items are tradeblocked. However, those items are the common ones where if one world has x number more, there would be a misbalance between the worlds.

The search option isn't flawed. You just have to look through them, and really if you're not searching for something like a def. scroll, you only have to look through the first few pages because the pages get progressively expensive. (The good deals are picked off and the bad ones die to the back, similar to how threads work in a forum.)
    Generally, if you'd want to visit ALL the shops, it'd take a long time. This is why there are priority of spots, where you'd want to visit something in CC1 more than CC15. As I said, if you know where to look, it shouldn't take you all that long.
    Then you are playing for the wrong reason if all you're going to do is compare yourself to others. Although this is true of everyone to a certain extent, if all you care about is others' opinions, you will have a very difficult time having fun.
    Then it'd exclude everyone who has parents who do not agree to children playing games, and as a result, you'd have an older audience. Really this idea isn't the case with maple, because it's content is AIMED solely at a common teenager, as they would be the most likely to become addicted to the NX system.
    I'm not saying that they shouldn't sell it, rather, you don't have to use it even if it's there. You still have the "ultimate choice", and many people fail to acknowledge it stating how "easy" it is to seccumb to buying NX.
    The most expensive chair right now is the Skull throne, and as I recall saying in one of the older posts, it displays your wealth. Why do people buy Mercedes when they can buy a Toyota with all of the same functions for a cheaper price?

And as you said, you respond to people messaging you because you care about others' opinions.
    I have never heard what Graham has to say about Craig's List, but customer satisfaction directly corresponds to the amount of money a company will make. Thus it'd make sense for a company to comply with a customer's interests, especially when it faces competition.

That being said, Craig's List faces competition from a variety of other websites, while Nexon faces competition from almost no other game, just based on its form of advertising and 2d gameplay alone. That's why they have less to offer in terms of customer service.
    Then state your intentions... I have no problem with people saving for friends, but from what the person said to me, it was not the case. As mentioned above though, it is impossible to prove or disprove now as the FM has shifted since yesterday.
    I suppose you would have a higher chance of selling out, but then again, if a person's really going to go that far to search, he/she would search more than just your FM room.
    We all care about others' opinions to a certain extent. The extent though, is what is important. To you, maybe you care that you're known as a nice pro, but is image the sole purpose of talking to people you don't know? Or rather should you be driven to respond because you really are nice, and not because you want to appear nice?
    There isn't a set of laws saying what's "right" and what's "wrong". Rather, there are many interpretations. Otherwise lawyers would not have jobs.

We pay our taxes because the government is the one fixing the roads in front of our homes and the one constructing building plans, running the city, ect. Otherwise, these community projects would not be accomplished and we'd probably be driving on dirt roads. If you're sitting back and enjoying the benefits while other people are paying your taxes, would you not have a guilty conscience?

And yes, morals. The point of this discussion. One particular friend was against me making this type of thread... IDK why pacifism is the new trend these days, but in my opinion, without these kinds of threads, then nobody would think about these common problems.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-02-13 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerge

4. Default

Maybe the FM should have fixed slots so that there's no "taking up 2 slots", you just click a slot to get it.

Not everybody spends hundreds of hours in the FM and knows exactly how much space their shop is taking up, they see an open space and go for it.

5. Harrisonized

That'd make it ridiculously easy for a ACer to click multiple spots.
    Relatively, they should know judging by the space between each shop.

6. Default

I believe I specified that I would wait until trafic was clear and move in two stores. In case you need it spelled out:
    Store set up on Computer 1
    So load up store mules on Computer 2 & 3
    Stand under spot and get titles
    Push close on Computer 1 & press enter on Computer 2 & 3
    Then either set up 2 stores or sell one and set up the other

I do this all the time in order to get max benifit from my spots and still have a computer to play on. And I think it's perfectly acceptable to sell the spot if I'm not using it and my friends don't want it or arn't on when I want to dispose of it.

7. Harrisonized

I see. I was fixated to the limits of having one computer.
    So you only move over when there is a spare spot that you can claim, but don't when there's a spot and a wide gap...

8. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Yet, I feel it somewhat annoying to run through 19 pages of 70% scrolls before I see a 30% scroll, you get me? heh. At least this is what happened for me.
    I want to find the best deal on the item, so I go through all fm-shops. No pineappleing way I'll go pay 30 mill for a 30% scroll in fm 1.
    I didn't state that people has to compare themselves with someone else, though this is the fact for levelers. Playing a game is about achieving something, getting a reward for being able to do something. Whether it be playing with your friends in a party quest or being known as the best player on the server, it's still about achieving something. The only reason you wouldn't, is because you're going on to talk with someone, and then I'd just say you should go on msn instead, since it lags less. lol
    I always thought that parents who do not agree to children playing games wouldn't accept MapleStory either. (You meant paying for it, right?)
    Say it costs 10 dollars per month, and you're able to buy 10-dollar cards at Target. Then most people would most likely be able to go buy these 10-dollars cards, even kids. Though it would be less interesting to play from the beginning, maybe try out some sort of 30/60/90-day free test coupons. Nexon would get a better customer support, and will most likely be able to fix bugs and glitches more efficiently. And the hacker problem will be fixed.

Though yeah, a lot of people would have to quit maple, and a lot of people would complain in the beginning. I don't know whether Nexon would earn on this or not.
    Still, a good company would focus on happy customers, customers that return. They would as well focus on a good image. Whether you have competitors or not is irrelevant really, as you should gain more customers in this way anyway.
    Ah, okay. Well, it's just mean to state "ahahah, no spot4u", but I'd say, if I see a spot free and I take it, "sorry, I didn't see you being here earlier". Now, if there's a spot free if I move, I'd still be scared to do it due to scammers and tricksters.

Contradicts with this:
    Spoiler

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I hope it is the first.

Well, written laws may be blurry at times. But if you kill some random person in Wall Street, you're going to be penalized for it no matter what. If you don't pay your taxes, it will have consequences.

We pay our taxes because it's morally right, not because we think about the economics. The economics is the reason behind the tax-system, that's correct. However, this is not why a person agrees to pay taxes. It's because it's morally right. (Sigh, wish I could explain it better)

If some charity comes at your door asking for money, you can either say yes or no, because both are morally right.

9. Harrisonized

I have had this happen before, but it was not with a popular scroll. I think I was looking for shield magic at the time, I don't remember exactly what scroll. All popular scrolls (such as glove atk, claw atk, overall) appear in the first few pages.

There's actually a few ways around this. Usually a scroll has several variations. If you're looking for a dark scroll, typing dark scroll for as a prefix eliminates 10%/60%/100% from your search. Additionally, if for example, 70% is cheaper than it's 30% counterpart, it's really easy to distinguish which is which just looking at price alone. If you're not looking for a dark scroll, you can just look down the list to see which ones do not have the dark scroll for prefix.

Another method would just be to scroll down the list (which takes 3 seconds each page) and note the item's color. Then it should be blatantly obvious which one you're looking for if the item really is that rare.

If you just mean all the reasonably priced ones are sold out and you had to look through 18 pages to find a decently priced one, then you should probably wait a day or so. I'd never go past the first 10 pages unless looking for a scrolled equip, but those are obvious too because anything OTHER than a popular equip is priced below 1K nx and anything priced above is usually 5K+.
    As people say, time is money. What's the point in going through all the shops for a 100K difference? I can make 100K killing ~150 wolf spiders, which doesn't take me more than 5 minutes.
    For you, the definition of "achieving something" may be different. Achieving something for me would be not losing anything.
    Yea, I did mean that. People who play now who don't pay to play are most likely those who cannot go to the store to buy NX. Making MapleStory P2P would mean that in order for someone to play, they MUST charge NX, which means their parents have the control. As a result, Nexon would lose out on their players.
    Nexon may not necessarily get better customer support. Their customer support (when it does happen) isn't that bad either. The only reason they suck is because they are ridiculously understaffed, and making MapleStory P2P wouldn't necessarily mean they automatically hire more people.
    MapleStory itself is a kid's game. By forcing their audience to be older, they'd lose a disproportionate amount of people they can advertise to. MapleStory is... comparable to fishing. They throw the bait, which is the game, into a sea of people and expect people to bite the line, and then the richer people reward them by buying NX. By changing MapleStory to P2P, they're changing their game from fishing to hunting. They're LOOKING for people who can play, and they won't get much.
    Maybe for Nexon, their income is enough to sustain this minimal effort.
    See in the picture on the first post, I didn't need the spot eh?
    How's it contradictory? More doesn't mean all.
    Wha...?
    That's because those laws are written more clearly. However, there are varying degrees of murder: accidental, intentional, out of retaliation, out of defense, ect. Each have different consequences. If you don't pay your taxes, it will have consequences as well, but maybe you felt it was unjustified. You might try bringing the case to a court.
    Isn't that what I just said? Reaping benefits without contributing to a project would make you feel guilty. That's what tax evaders do (except they probably don't feel guilt...)
    Because you're not obligated to them.