Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FM Courtesy

1. Default

Courtesy? THIS IS MAPLESTORY.
    kicks fmking downa and sets up 4 shops

2. Default

This.

3. Harrisonized

I see how it is. After all these three pages, you tell me to shut up...

4. Default

You're misquoting me. I never said that they dont deserve the spot unless they become your friend, I merely said that most people tend not to give spots to strangers and would usually give it to their friend. It's special treatment for people you know. There's nothing wrong with that now is there? Of course, you can be nice to everyone but there are more people who are nice to friends only than to strangers AND friends, dont you agree?

No comment xD

If FM really is free territory, then why do people buy spots? why are people able to sell spots? You can't sell something that doesnt belong to you, can you? Can you rent a house and then sell the living space off to someone else? It's free territory until someone claims it.

Sometimes, rewards dont really matter. Remember that time during the crystal quest when I would stay up an extra 30 minutes to HB you to get more? Then you promised that you'd split part of the Gene 30 with me and when you needed the money, you went with some "I dont have to tip waiters" analogy as to why you dont have to pay me? Even after that, I still hb'd for you. Im not entitled to HB for you yet I chose to. Just because I choose to give you hb, doesnt mean that the next guy should give you hb as well. Same with shops; Just because you choose to set up in one spot, that doesnt mean the next person should set up in two, not to mention that most people dont on purposely set up over two spots (I know I dont and if I did, it was by accident).

If you're doing something for the sake of getting a thank you, then you're doing it for the wrong reason and dont deserve the thank you anyways. Again, its something that people choose to do... they dont have to.

You do realize that I wasnt arguing about the ethics of buying undersold items, right? You just proved my point exactly: You feel that if the price is marked wrong, you should just buy it and deserve it but the VoltesV person still feels its scamming/taking advantage of the situation and demands you give it back. This is a difference in opinion, a difference in view. Is either of them wrong? nope, you two just merely look at it differently. Likewise with shop spots, there is more than one way to look at it and while you find it an issue to take up two spots, some others might not. Neither of you are wrong, you just both see it differently.

As I said, if people dont own spots, then how can they sell it?
    Last edited by Retalion; 2009-02-11 at 11:56 PM.

5. Default

I wanna beat you up

I don't care about nexon

I hate you

How's your mom gonna like you with 2 black eyes

Telling me how how to enjoy the game = me beating you up

6. Harrisonized

Yes, it happens that way, though I'm saying that it should be happening less.
    They're either in dire need of a donation, or they're just rude. Really they're selling something that doesn't belong to them, in a similar fashion that people come in and KS a map that doesn't belong to them.
    I didn't remember exactly what happened, but I do know this. I get really annoyed when I go to a restaurant and a waiter asks me for a tip because "as claimed at the bottom of the menu in small words, there's a x% service fee".

I'm guessing for me to produce that kind of response, one of the following must have occurred:
    1) You insisted that I pay up in a time that I was broke
    2) You asked in a manner that made it sound like MY obligation to pay you
    3) You denied it (which doesn't seem very likely since you asked for it)

Otherwise nothing would evoke that kind of response from me and I would have paid you.
    I'm not. May I point you towards the example of people saying "cc" without saying the "please".
    As everyone (which I'm pretty sure), would agree, ALL transactions are final, unless somehow you want to be known as a liar.
    The above.
    So beat me up. You can't do pomegranate against me across the internet. Like your hand can somehow reach across your monitor and punch me hard. If you hate me so much, then why do you bother talking to me?
    If enjoying the game is changing it, then I don't see how suggesting you play a different game is unreasonable.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-02-12 at 01:10 AM.

7. Default

At first it was because I assumed you were a reasonable person.

I'll just put you on ignore then

8. Default

More like selling maps that don't "belong" to anyone? I'm just pointing it out since I was surprised you used KSing as a comparison rather than selling. I don't like this nonsense of buying/selling FM spots or maps, either, but I will admit I have paid for both before, if only for the convenience of getting a good spot/map when I needed it without having to look harder. Sorry, I guess lazy people like me just reinforce this little practice. :P

9. Default

So if maps can belong to people, why cant fm spots? That being said, if no one owns the fm spots, then what is someone who's "taking up" two fm spots moving over for?

What happened was you were desparate for money and was like "JACKK HELP ME FIND A SELLER FOR MY GEN 30@@@@@" so I asked my buddy list a few times, then jokingly went "Harrisonized S> Gen 30 (Buy so I get my splits)" in which you threw the whole waiter thing. I wasnt even seriously asking for the money and would never have taken it off you (hell, when you're broke, I sometimes give you pot money and tell you you dont have to pay the measley 1-2 mill back) but the notion that me choosing to HS for you was appalling, that's all.

Again, you're missing the point. It has nothing to do with sales ethics, it has the idea of having different perspectives on a matter in which no one is wrong. Most people dont know and Im not sure if its the same in the US, but here in Canada, if there is a price that's wrong, whether higher or lower, they're supposed to give you the item for free, granted it is below a certain amount.

As I was saying though, it is up to the person who bought the item to decide whether or not to give it back (as some people do when they find mispriced items and the seller asks nicely for it back), just like it's up to the person to choose whether or not to move over so more people can fit in. Some people will give it back while others will not (like yourself) and people like VoltesV and others will criticize you for taking advantage of a situation while others will find there is no problem with it, just like the situation with FM spots (though Im not sure why you still dont understand that Im referring to the concept, not the deed)

10. Default

I don't see how that can work, why don't people just go around stores relabelling prices on stuff and then claiming it's wrong so they get it free?

I've bought stuff that was below he actual value (or they mistyped in trade, or they were drop trading and I found their crap) and I tend to give it back minus a small "restock" fee if they ask for it. Gotta pay for the taxes somehow.

11. Default

Well, it has to be the mistake of the seller...Im not sure how it works but I remember vaguely hearing something like this on the news a while ago. Basically, if you find something mispriced at say Walmart or something, then they have to give it to you free if you ask or something along those lines..Lemme see if I can find it somewhere.

12. Default

They would have to charge the labelled price. Apples to anything, including produce and meats, etc. Even if the label says something like $10.00 for a Computer (for example f3) during the period of 1st Feb - 10th Feb and it was the 11th Feb, you'd still have to charge the $10.00 price if the label was present I think (at least a similar experience happened to be before).
    Last edited by Kevo; 2009-02-12 at 02:21 AM.

13. Harrisonized

Ah, I see. Well, then in that case, I thought you were serious and that made me annoyed that you wanted me to sell it merely because you could get the money. I have enough friends trying to get benefits from me and that's what produced the strong reply with the waiter thing.

I apologize for this, because of a false implication, and honestly, if you want money, I can pay you. (Assuming we're under the honor system, because I really don't recall the exact amounts that you lend me)
    In the US, each store has a different policy. Usually it's just that they give you the item for the marked price, but sometimes they give you a gift card or they give you a store coupon.
    I understand what you're saying, but is it wrongful to point out that there is an overall lack of courtesy? >_>
    Then if they get out their video cameras and see you doing that, then you're screwed. Also, all items have a different barcode, you can't just take one sticker off an item and put it on another.

And doing such fraudulent activities is just asking to get sued.
    I've never been to a store where they ask for the item back from you if it was a mistake on their fault.
    I'm not sure about the Walmart policy here, but they don't have to give it to you free. They merely have to give you what they marked, or an equivalent.

14. Default

Yeah. Normally bothers to have courtesy, they just want to try and sell their stuff asap. And "S> 2 spots"? Its not even rooms 1~6, who the pineapple would "buy" a spot?

15. Default

Go to www.gaiaonline.com. Don't STAY there, though, cause it's a pile of crap, perhaps an even bigger one than Maple. But look at Gaia's marketplace. You can list an item as high or as low as you want, free of charge, and it'll be seen by everyone. You enter any item, the system finds it for you and lists from least expensive to most expensive. There is an "average buy price," in case all the reasonably priced items are sold out, and the only ones remaining are inflated. It tells you whether the item is a store item, like in the cases where people try to sell overall dex 100 for like 220k each. A fansite, tektek.org, provides graphs of items, so you can find out how many were sold on any given day up to a year ago. This is all done for free. Care to explain why Nexon doesn't have this?

Maple does not have this, because all similar search and listing functions on Maple cost MONEY. To merely search an item costs an owl and find it at a reasonable price cots an owl too; or you can do constant walk-through research in a constantly shifting market. To retain a decent spot without wasting 8 hours of AFK time costs money. There is no efficiency in any of this. It's constructed this way to bleed you dry.

Think about it, you see a system where one thing is done for free, and then you go and see another system where it is deliberately made less efficient and it has IDENTICAL functions to the first. The construct of the second one can only be explained as less efficient for the purpose of bleeding more money out of the players.

YES I hate Nexon. These low-life b@stards create a "free" game where the "free" is only a gimmick to put you into a reckless spending environment. They tie all relevant and even irrelevant mechanics of gameplay to purchase incentives. (How are these expensive chairs necessary to gameplay?) They convince parents that the game is "kid-friendly" and then get children addicted to GAMBLING. (Gachopon is gambling because many items, such as p. elixirs are worthless, and you're paying real money to try and hit jackpot in the form of some Ele Wand or Thermometer.) They regularly make once-expensive items, which people paid MONEY for, worthless through stuff such as the Box events, all to make them feel they need to spend more money. The whole set-up is one huge money sucking addiction. And when I talk about it, half the people start jumping behind Nexon, creating all these excuses for why they're perfectly justified in doing what they're doing... just like addicts justify coke because they snort it.
    Last edited by Derimed; 2009-02-12 at 02:13 PM.

16. Default

In the US there are laws regarding false advertising. A store will sell the item at the listed price because if they don't they can be suied and pay a pently which will go to the person who tried to purchase the item. I've never heard of a store not selling at the listed price. However if all their prices are always typed and you cross out and write in pen, they would not sell to you because that's not the listed price, they know their prices are typed and they have a legitimate reason that would likely sway the court case in their favor and then the person who tried to cheet then would get to pay a whole bunch of court fees (that would likely cost way more than the item in question.)

Store spots are owned. You aquire ownership buy opening a store on an available spot. Once you own the spot you can do what every you want with it. Give it away, sell it, set up a store there, go afk with your store unopened all week to piss everyone off. Just because what you want to do with your own store spot doesn't agree with someone else's idea does not give them any right to it.

I never move over for a stranger if I don't need the extra spot because I do not trust the stranger. Why would I risk my whole spot by pushing close with someone watching who could potentially tele or fj over to get it. I would not. But I would do that for a friend because we have an established relationship and I trust him not to take my spot as well.

If you failed to have adaquete equipment or dilligence to aquire and maintain your ownership on your store spot then what is that to me? Seriously why would I close and re-open my store and check all the prices carefully agian when it has no benefit to me but only to some stranger? No I'm interested in benefits to me. I'm not going to waste my time doing something that has no benefit at all. However if it is for a friend then the benefit is building the relationship and so I'm willing to help a friend. If they offer to buy a spot then I would put it for sale for a stranger if I didn't need it because then there is benefit to me.

But seriously who goes around waiting in Lith for new players to come from maple island so they can instruct them about the game and give them some items and pots that will help them train more effectivly? No one. Why? Because it has no benefit to them. Mabye the new player will hate the game and quit. Maybe the person will become a leach and constatly beg the person for favors so they can't train effectivly. People don't do things with no benefit especially when they involve risk. And moving a store over definatly involves risk (at least in popular locations).

17. Harrisonized

Then why did you suggest it? x.x
    No. Then you just use the MTS to achieve the same goal. There's a dual system in Maple and if you don't like one, switch to the other. Also, purging the FM doesn't take more than 45 minutes at most if you don't want to use owl, and if you know where to look, usually it should take you no more than 10 minutes to find what you want. Right now you're just expressing your hate for Nexon and it's really not proving your point in any way.
    The reason people who get 2x exp cannot stand grinding in 1x mode and thus become permanently addicted to 2x exp cards after experiencing a 2x exp event. Then there are people like me who can resist turning to 2x exp cards for faster exp. And there are more people who use MTS to finance their needs. Seriously though, Nexon is a company, they need financing. By all means if you don't want to pay, you don't have to, other people can pay your cost FOR you. Would you rather have a game where you'd pay $10 a month to stay on? Then that'd amount to $120 a year, and I know [most] people would not shell out that much money for a game. (yes, contrary to the stereotype, most people do not pay to play maple) I do not pay for maple and I get along fine.
    Wouldn't you agree though, that it is pretty much free? I don't see how Nexon is wrong in their advertisement of the "free" game. I still haven't charged NX and I still enjoy the game. Just stop comparing yourself to other maplers and you won't have to succumb to buying NX.
    They're not. However, they give a sense of "high rank" I guess, to little children, because it would be their first chance at displaying their virtual wealth to the public.
    What do you expect? That Nexon become a charity? There's a huge flaw in your logic. Nexon is a COMPANY! Companies are aimed at making profit. As I said, you can enjoy the game to it's full extent even if you do not pay NX. So stop complaining.
    Omg. Stop misinterpreting it. I said "courtesy" not "right". -.-
    I didn't say "move over for a stranger", I said "make as wide of gap as you can". Obviously that would involve moving when nobody's around, or trying not to open ridiculously far from the person next to you.
    At least minimize the gap before you even open. It doesn't have to be perfect but every little move helps. Moving in the middle of a huge-assed gap and setting up is comparable to greed or laziness.
    I see. You're one of the people who are only motivated because of the benefits it gives you. If everyone worked only for benefits, there'd be no guides around. We wouldn't be answering each others' questions on this forum, because me replying to you gives me no benefit either.
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-02-12 at 05:45 PM.

18. Default

Well you said courtesy but you also said they should move over for anyone and loose the spot value. But what if they want to use the spot later, or save it for their friend? It's not right to accuse people of not having courtesy when you don't know their plans for the spot. Maybe they are saving for their friend. Maybe there was three poeple racing for a spot and they pushed open as soon as they saw thought they could take the spot. If they happen to be off center they arn't going to close again because the other two people are waiting for that person to close and get a title or reposition so they can take the spot. (And if they are not in a spot that popular then who cares if they take 2 spots anyway.)

Also a great way to get ac'ed is to scoot all the way over so that there is almost a spot between you and the other store. An ac'er will set up right there so that whoever he is overlapping with could loose their spot when they close. So I don't want to leave the 4.5 cm open when it requires 4.7 cm to make a spot. That only attractes acer's to come stand right next to me and make refreshing difficult.

Answering a question does give benefits both in game and in the forums. It gives entertainment, fame, and you have the opertunity to cause people to develop a high opinion of you. In otherwords it enhances your image.

However when I do end up with a double spot that I have no use for and I have the opertunity to move it arround, I sell the extra spot. But I frequently hold the extra spot for a day or more to set up when I'm gone or give to a friend who won't be on until later. So I would say all the messages that I'm spot hogging or rude or w/e are not being left by courteous people. They have no idea what my plans for my spot are and have no right to accuse me of being uncourtes in my plans. Making assumptions regarding that and then going around accusing people is rather rude and inmature in my opinion.

Also I get more messages telling me to move over or that I'm spot hogging or w/e if I'm on the edge of my spot rather than in the middle. So while I used to scoot to the edge when the opertunity arises I no longer do because when the spot is in the middle it no longer looks like an opertunity and they do not badger me about it. And reacently I have moved my spot from the edge to the middle because after FM 1 set up after a SC it became clear that I was going to be the subject of whiners and ac'ers if I didn't move to the middle. So I moved from the edge of my spot to the middle at the first opertunity (which was about 6 hours later) and I recieved plently of hate messages in the meantime.
    Last edited by LittlePrincess; 2009-02-12 at 06:19 PM.

19. Default

my power went out one day because of the wind outside... while i was killing an anego!.... so intense! :(

20. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

That reminds me... Chris, remember the old times? Ahh, Eddie, Jimmy and I managed to get about 7-8 shops in FM1 during new patches and server checks. Ahh, the memories. And you only got one or two