1. Default life update thread lol

I sometimes check in on here to see if anyone has bothered to do the same out of nostalgia. I am generally curious how life has been treating you all. Any updates you want to share? Anything you remember about yourself from the golden days that you think would be interesting to share in contrast to how you are now?

This kind of sentiment pops up every now and then in random threads on this forum. Thought it would be nice to hear from everyone again.

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: life update thread lol

I usually check the website from time to time just to check in and see if there's new art posted in the other thread but mainly I'm active on reddit. Still lurking through the Maple subreddit and with other things nowadays...

3. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: life update thread lol

Well Sparrow got a group 2 and best puppy in group at the last show we went to. Which is kind of a big deal. Some dogs never get a group 2 in their entire show career. An 11 month old dog placing above grand champions is a huuuge compliment from the judge.

So of course we had to do the cheesy photo

He needs 4 more points for his Canadian championship

4. Default Re: life update thread lol

I'm back here after the Reddit collapse, haha. After abandoning Reddit, I've been slowly recalibrating my idea of online community, which reminded me of how nice it was to be part of a community here. I've been lurking Tildes, which has been really great because of how "old school" it is. Forums were a more pleasant time of the internet that I took for granted. It would be a pipe dream to get this place running again.

5. Default Re: life update thread lol

Decided to randomly pop back in here. It's been a while!

I'm still around the internets. Sometimes on reddit but not nearly as much as before. I downloaded MS sometime around 2020-2021 out of curiosity, logged in for like 30 minutes, then gtfo of there.

IRL I'm tired all the time and have two smol kidz but I WFH so I get lots of time with them

OKAY SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

6. Default Re: life update thread lol

Well holy sh*t, I finally remembered my password to this place.

I just finished reading my last blog entry from TEN F*CKING YEARS AGO, and wow. Life is... so different. Hope all y'all are doing well and taking care of yourselves.

I married Mr. Rebound. We have a kid. And still are happily married. My kid is so amazing, and I am so SO grateful that I had a kid with such an amazing man. Parenting is hard, but man if it isn't the most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life.

I left my soul-crushing retail job and work in design now.

I injured myself a few years ago at pole class and unfortunately never quite recovered properly so my pole gathers dust in the closet. Sadface. It's OK though, because my bones feel f*ckin' old now and I throw my back out if I even sit down in a chair wrong.

Over the pandemic I took up gardening, quilting, and knitting. For a while the YouTube algorithm thought I was an old lady (got some pretty funny ads.)

I actually had a dream just a few nights ago that I came back to SP and Fiel made me co-owner?

Anyway, I'm supposed to be working so just... take care of yourselves, guys.

7. Default Re: life update thread lol

I just recently had to go clear out some stuff from my Dad's house, and ended up finding my old laptop that had this place saved as a favorite on Firefox, along with my login info in an old .txt file. Kept checking in here every now and again late at night when I remembered, enjoying watching the ships passing in the night.

I actually had to look up how to get my text to be green. It feels weird; I used to be able to handle forums like a pro when I was half as old as I am now. Dunno how long this place is going to stay up, but it and Maplestory will always have a formative place in my heart. Every now and then I can feel the imprint of the many people I interacted with through this website, and how those small touches have dug deep grooves into shaping who I was and am.

Part of me wants to ask if there is another way to connect with you all, like a Discord, in case this goes down, but I don't know if it would feel the same as the old IRC, or how active it would even be. Regardless, always glad to see a post from any of you, and hope you feel the same way back. I'll always be here lurking...