IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maple Memo: Farewell from Anna

I am not sure how I feel about this.
    Of course, at the human level, I wish Anna well, and hope this decision, though sudden, will be good for her.
    But what does it mean for GMS?

On the one hand, GMS went downhill during the 2 years she was in charge. Some things intended (like the horrible cash-grab of Magic Wagon, lowered rates of good stuff from Marvel, introduction of p2w familiar system, destruction of Masteria at huge development budget cost) and some just pure incompetence (the 2020 DMT's, the exceedingly buggy release of the abovementioned familiar system, even the overabundance of bugs in the most recent Goo Island filler patch and last weekend's laggy 2x in Reboot). And some, a combination of both, intended due to ignorance of the material, like compensations that make no sense (the Gollux pendant-for-belt exchange, or the aforementioned 2x which reddit described as "we'll compensate for server instability by having an event of server instability").

On the other hand, does it even matter who is nominally at the helm of this ship? Or is it being remotely piloted from Korea?
    Most of these bad changes are continuations of trends we started to see under SavageAce. Maybe because Anna was the GMS Product Manager in the Nexon Korea MapleStory Overseas Team at the time (the person he talked to on the Korean side), and maybe because neither of them had power and all the decisions come from much higher up.

One thing that changed for the good in these past two years was the crackdown on bots. That was really well done. Does Anna deserve credit for this, or did that come from higher up as well?

So what happens now, when we don't have a lead Producer? Sally isn't being promoted to the position. So she'll be doing her existing job and also (part of) Anna's job? That doesn't bode well for the quality of either. But, if the Live Games Director is now more directly involved in GMS, does that mean we'll get some better treatment, maybe more AWS resources or more QA testers?
    Will we eventually get a replacement Producer, and will they know anything at all about MapleStory?

I guess all we can do is wait and see.