Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

He's actually working at Warner Bros now, based on his LinkedIn. After Nexon, he went to work at Tencent for about 10 years, but recently left the company.

2. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

I think this video by MasteringGaming / Masterobert sums up the Masteria's Legacy Set perfectly:

For context, people were skeptical about the Masteria revamp until Anna (the current producer, who replaced SavageAce) said that it contains "powerful equipment". Upon the patch date, people were able to dig up the new accessory set, learning that it contains a cumulative set bonus of:

Spoiler

Recently, Nexon edited the v210 update notes to include Phantom Forest / MesoGears details, They featured the updated stats as follows:

Spoiler

They also listed it in a way that made people think that each additional set effect stacked upon the previous, when it reality it was a cumulative set effect.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

On the one hand, it was obvious to anyone who's been watching GMS for the past few years, that Nexon would not let us have a better set than Gollux. Not when the Gollux set, itself, is already a thorn in KMS's side, as it makes GMS players completely ignore the items KMS players work for (like Dominator Pendant, that they keep pushing into our Relay boxes as if it's a coveted prize).

On the other hand, it just makes all the work on this revamp even more of a waste of resources.

I had expected that their way of getting around the "power creep" of it would be making the cusp of the set - the time-limited Totem - very rare. I was imagining it being something like Dojo Gloves or Oz Emblem. But I guess a rare reward from a rare boss works too. Trouble is, since they nerfed the set effect, even min-maxers aren't going to bother trying to obtain it.

People might still play this content for a bit, to get the ring and maybe some anvil-fodder or throwing stars from the shop. But the area as a whole is not going to be any more active than it was before.

Such a waste.

4. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

I agree man, Block busters after Black Heaven seems to be a bit more annoying, nexon doesn't like the idea of coding enterely new stuff for new content so they usually reuse content.

5. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

After playing again for the first time in 6~7 years, the biggest lost opportunity is Party Quests and Expeditions, or the lack of the two. Those are what made the game enjoyable back in the day, but now it's more grinding, capping event coins or doing dailies

6. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

Whoever made the sanity system for Phantom Forest must actually be insane.

7. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Good lord they turned John Barricade into a big foreheaded, weak-chinned coward

8. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

Gotta retcon him into a treasure hunter too.

Proof that Nexon doesn't play their own game.

9. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

So I compiled a list of issues I have with the Phantom Forest, excluding the story changes:

Everything Wrong With the Phantom Forest

10. Trump minus th money

FOUR
    THOUSAND
    DAYS

11. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

Classic Nexon hijinx. Adding game play elements that come with a hint of (self torture?) extra difficulty. Reminds me of the good ol' days when Jump quests were still being made more often. Or perhaps like playing a game of hot potato!
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2020-01-19 at 08:54 AM.

12. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

Only tangentially related, but I fused two of the unique blackgate armors I got from the boxes together and I got this:

What's up with that? Dunno if it's an issue with fusing or with Blackgate equips, but I'm leaning towards it being because it's a non-KMS thing.

13. Trump minus th money

I don't understand what's missing there. Flames?

14. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

The unique potential has a rare line, when normally it should be epic (i.e. the 3% INT line on unique, when it should be 6% minimum).

15. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

So I've decided to upload the new Masteria questline, section by section (excluding the blockbuster). I'll also be uploading the original Masteria questline later on (what I could salvage anyway). I'll post these in the OP as well. Never mind it's 3 videos per post, I'll just link them here

Part 1: Masteria Introduction

Part 3: NLC
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2020-01-30 at 08:58 PM.

16. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

Here are parts 4 and 5 of the revamped Masteria. I'll be uploading the OG Masteria tomorrow, as well as what I could salvage of the NPC dialogue.

Part 4: Phantom Forest / Crimsonwood

Part 5: MesoGears / Masteria Conclusion

For those of you who haven't played in a while and don't know who the Afinas Knights are, they were introduced in the Monad blockbluster, which hints at all the main non-KMS storylines being tied together (namely Sengoku, Jett, PULSAR, and Masteria, especially the Masteria Through Time blockbuster). Here's the ending cutscene for Monad:

17. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

Last post for now: original NLC and Crimsonwood questlines (what I could salvage, at least).

NLC

Crimsonwood

18. Trump minus th money

may as well just watch the videos because I can't even pay four people to join me for the magician trial

19. Default Re: Masteria Revamp 2019 - The Dead Horse Beatening

God that Narcian resurrection was so...underwhelming. Feels like they wanted to just quickly get this all over with and move onto their new shiny toy which will probably be something with Afinas. The thing is..I actually kind of liked Monad