IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default What was the reason for Kritias anyway?

I started to ask this question(for the story of the game) as i saw an old image of Hekaton, then i remember, oh yea he was a thing, but what happened to him, did he die? By maplers in the Kritias invasions? If yes why does nobody mention, is it even relevant at this point that he got defeated?

I know they didn't create Kritias just for Tana's backstory since she didn't exist when Kritias first came out(it was named Critias first lol), what about the big castle(Trueffet) in the sky? It still have a map name in it, yet we never got to see it or maybe if Black Mage took it or not(aside from the memorys of Tana)

What will happen to the city now? Black Mage also got defeated in KMS so what about it now? Is it gonna have no monsters?

Will it get a revamp and be a good content?

2. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: What was the reason for Kritias anyway?

You know thinking after i just posted this, i realized more about it, but still confused why Black Mage would care for the city to even seal it...

3. Default Re: What was the reason for Kritias anyway?

If I remember correctly from Morass:

The Black Mage showed up at Kritias after Tana displayed her full power by cursing Hekaton. He wanted to use her for his future plans, so he sealed Kritias away with Tana still inside it to conceal her existence. He released Kritias and Tana when he was ready to lead her to Arcane River so he could absorb her power. The real reason he ordered his commanders to attack Kritias was to destroy any evidence of Tana's existence there.

As for the purpose of Kritias in the lore before they created Tana, I think it's anyone's guess. It had no real recorded history or interaction with any other location in the game and there was some conflicting information, I believe at one point they stated the Black Mage himself was residing in Trueffet, which made no sense because why would his commanders try to attack the town that he was residing in?

Ultimately it would seem Nexon themselves had no idea what to do with it in the end and made it part of Tana's backstory.