1. Default Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//36847/

2. Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

yes, excellent
    this is precisely what i wanted, more content removal. perfect. amazing
    guess i need to get my ghost ship badges on everyone now

thankfully excellent content like twisted aqua road gets to stay forever

3. Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

Well now a bunch of bots are gonna be spit out into more common maps or they'll just bot malaysia you know cause byebye station is also a mini dungeon which is dumb and shouldn't exist.

I find it hilarious that JMS removed Twisted Aqua Road but we for whatever reason keep it, you know cause there's 1 meso farming spot in the entire area.

4. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

Yes, lets just bulldoze content with little warning instead of fixing it.

I wonder what will get deleted next? I won't be surprised if this trend doesn't stop.

5. Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

I'd bet my my shirt that Jett, BT and Sengoku would be removed from the Character select screen for reasons, but I'd be like Fiel.

I knew as soon as the New Level 200 Badge was released, Korea was gonna do something about the Pottable Badge. I havent played this game in so long but I wonder if Sweetwater and New Leaf City is still around.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It would have been so easy to just make the Black Mage badge potable in GMS.
    It wouldn't break game balance because, considering the low low drop rate of the other dark boss accessories, maybe 2-3 people in all of GMS will get it in a year. And all of them will probably already have a potentialled badge (since they're not removing existing ones).

Putting new players at a disadvantage (both regarding the badge itself, and regarding meso-farming in Reboot), right when Nexon is hoping to attract new and lapsed players back with the final battle against the Black Mage, is a bad idea in my opinion.
    But removing people's existing badges, or removing the badges' potential and stars, would have been worse.

And the precedent set, is frightening. Is Gollux next to go? Should we hoard its accessories while we still can?

KMS' jealousy is going to destroy GMS.

P.S. I don't buy the excuse about illicit activity for a minute. Obviously the bots will just go elsewhere. They don't care if their meso rates go down, they'll just charge more real-world money from their buyers.

7. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Yea, i just don't know why they could make the KMS badges potable, i even thought in the past some medals could be, yet seens they are super relutant to do anything that make players too strong, it's just not really good honestly, people won't play the game if they can't progress in a good pace, even now with Jin Hilla and Black Mage.

Even if you add the variable of HUGE playerbase of Korea, i still think making badges and even medals potable could be interesting.

8. Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

There was a glitch a long time ago that made everything able to have potential, but it was fixed very quickly.

9. Default

Was thinking about this yesterday, along the lines of "there's so many bots in singapore, what do we do to fix it? remove the area obiously that way they'll go away. brilliant!"
    Also I don't put it past them to continue removing areas and even blocking the creation of new nonKMS classes instead of trying to fix them(looking at you beast tamer), heck I bet the only thing keeping most of this content is china and japan, once they stop playing we'll be lucky if GMS becomes a copy of KMS.

Wanted to edit but it wont let me.
    I just notice the stellar detectives notifier is missing, they updated the patch notes to list it as a bug but with the recent events it makes you wonder if it is actually a bug.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2018-10-06 at 08:33 PM.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Why would they pretend it's a bug, if they actually intended to remove it?
    They made no pretense about Mr. Lee, Captain Vaga, or Singapore. Not even a "We might bring it back at a later date, if we can find the time to fix what's wrong with it."
    And I doubt anybody would give them grief over Stellar Detectives, anyway. Ever since the Krrr ring got nerfed, it all became dead content.

11. Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

What I meant was that perhaps nexon korean meant to remove it(maybe they thought it was part of captain vaga) but nexon america didn't ask for it so they see it as a bug when it was actually patched out(I think maybe it's still there and just the notifier was removed), I guess time will tell if they add it back or not.

12. Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

I see soon the following content removed:
    - Masteria
    - Zipangu
    - The China exclusive map.

Seems that KMS wants to fuse with GMS... something is coming on that

13. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I've been looking for excuses to quit. Killing Masteria might finally do it for me.

14. Default Re: Maple Memo: Addressing Recent Changes and Content Closure

Killing off the map where I came from? Good. Bye. I'm jumping over to MS2 in a couple of days then.

Hadriel