Thread: [Update JMS] Patch Available - JMS 3.68

1. Default Patch Available - JMS 3.68

Nexon posted a patch for JMS version 367 upgrade to version 368.
    You may download this patch from their official site and begin creating your pre-patcher now.
    Extractions and database updates will be forthcoming (if supported)!

Size: 136184141 (bytes) (129.88 mb)
    Posted:

Want quick and easy notification of just patches & updates? Follow PatchWatcher on twitter, or visit http://www.PatchWatcher.net/ and monitor just the patches you're interested in.

2. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

How many stars did they add in this patch? Up to 20 or 25?

3. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

It's still TBD, I think. The patch won't be done until like, 10 hours from now (starts in 2 hours), and there aren't any patch notes yet.

4. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

According to Uni, the patch contains:
    - Uni presents KMS's 25 stars to compare to JMS currently
    - CS Premium Arcane Symbol boost items (gives you extra arcane force, the Lach one does not work in Lucid)
    - World Transfer Coupons
    - Dropped level 3 links to level 2 (Zero and Beast Tamer unaffected)
    -- There are packages rewarded to compensate, the best one is 500 Maple Points (possibly would be 5k here because of NX values in JMS), 2 bpot scrolls, 5 lucky miracle cubes (like master craftsman cubes, but they make your stuff untradeable), 8-star Enhancement Scroll, 500 spell traces, and 1 Gaga Coin

Here's the banner they're using to link to the patch notes:

Finally got in game:

25 stars confirmed.

From what I can tell, CMS and TMS don't have transposition, but JMS does, so I was hoping this might provide some insight towards how transposing tyrants might work with the 25 star system, however, they disabled the ability to transpose tyrants pretty soon after introducing them, like less than 6 months. So finding any tyrant transposed sweetwaters would be unlikely, if not altogether impossible.

The new CS arcane force items aren't in the data yet, just strings. VJ one gives 30 extra Arcane Force and 10% Damage, Chu Chu gives 60 extra Arcane Force and 10% Damage, and Lach gives a whopping 100 extra Arcane Force and 10% Damage, but it doesn't work in Lachelein Clocktower because Lucid's power is too strong. Oh right, and it gives you a 30% discount when leveling up Arcane Symbols. If I had to guess, it's probably like a 2x card type thing.
    Last edited by Grey; 2018-04-18 at 04:33 AM.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

@Grey, thanks for the info.
    Also, question regarding link skills: Spadow was saying something about level 2 of the skills being moved to level 210. Can you confirm or deny that?

6. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

Hmm.. I'd be kinda bummed out losing some level 3 links. Hopefully this doesn't happen to gms, but i'm not gonna hold my breath.

7. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

I honestly have no idea, but I can try to find something solid.

I think that would be pretty heavy handed, though, and I believe what the patch notes actually says might be something along the lines of "while you previously acquired level 3 of certain link skills at level 210, they will instead remain at level 2", but I don't really know enough Japanese to be able to make that call.

8. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

It is true that with this update, JMS changed Lv3 Link Skills and shifted them to Lv2 (Lv. 210) for the following classes:

The maximum level a Link Skill can be for the above mentioned classes is 2. You'll get the stats according to the level.
    To compensate for this change, there are 3 types of the "Link Skill Rebalancing Box" which gives some goodies.
    Last edited by Spadow; 2018-04-18 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Clarified and updated the info about the Lv 210 part since that was wrong.

9. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

I really doubt they shifted level 2 to 210, I think it's way more likely what is meant is what I said earlier, that link skills for characters who are level 210 have been readjusted to remain at level 2 rather than leveling up to 3.

So far, all I've found is this wiki updated last night, post patch, that puts level 2 link skills at 120, still. It'd be nice to have a screenshot or something, though.

The Link Skill Re-Balancing boxes wouldn't even begin to make up for moving level 2 link skills to level 210, they seem like they're more for wasted effort. You get the most basic box just for having one(?) of the link skill classes between level 120 and 209, then the other two are for whether you have 1 to 5 level 210s, or 5+.

10. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

I talked to other people and obtained an image and what Grey said is true. Lv3 Link Skills are no more for the classes that I mentioned above. Instead, the maximum level is now 2 and the character level to obtain this remains level 120.
    Why Beast Tamer isn't affected is something I don't know, maybe that will change in a later update?

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

Thank you for double-checking, Spadow.

I wonder why JMS felt removing the level 3 link skills was necessary. But I suppose if that is the price KMS requires in return for 25 stars, most people in GMS would be willing to pay it.

12. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

Next time we should probably wait until we have all the facts and confirmation before we jump the gun with such a sensationalist headline XD

Though, I decided to just level a link skill mule to make sure for myself, but this certainly saved me some time.

I dunno why these things are changing either, but with the addition of bonus stats to GMS and the removal of level 3 link skills in JMS, I can't help but think it's no coincidental that it seems like versions are losing the differences from KMS's Unlimited patch they got during Unleashed/Spark.

13. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

If you guys ever want Japanese translation help, feel free to ping me. I still look at Southperry every day, even if there's nothing new.

On a side note, I saw this in my e-mail and thought it tempting to try out MapleStory for the first time in years:

A free Water of Life could go miles.

14. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

Excuse me, I thought the Cygnus Link skill cannot go above level 2 individually. That's why you had to make more than one.

15. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

I thought the same, but after I leveled my wind archer to 210, it had a level 9 Cygnus link (the account the wind archer is on is missing a level 120 Night Walker, or actually, any Night Walker at all for that matter)

It could be that you can get level 3 on the character itself, but you can't link it as a level 3, I've never really had cause to try.

16. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

They've added the CS Arcane Symbol items in the most recent CMST patch

They're like 2.5k to 2.9k CMS NX, however much that's worth.

17. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

So what exactly do they do? Just give 1 symbol each?

18. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

The first one gives 1 Vanishing Journey arcane symbol each. The second one, the coupon, gives 30 Arcane Force and 10% Damage increase (whatever the exact mechanics is) when in possession in your inventory in the Vanishing Journey (like 2X coupon I guess).

Hadriel

19. Default Re: Patch Available - JMS 3.68

Like hadriel said, the ones that look like symbols with a bow on them give you a symbol, and for the coupons

There were only those three in JMS, things might be different in CMST, haven't really checked it out.

The buff the coupon gives you uses the same variable as regular old total damage, damR, so it doesn't look like anything too amazing.