Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] Maplestory2 Closed Beta

1. Default Maplestory2 Closed Beta

http://nxcache.nexon.net/newsletter/...18/cb/ms2.html

2. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

I'd like to note to everyone to take part in their little social media campaign on the site - The first 10,000 people to do it are guaranteed acceptance into the closed beta. You also don't HAVE to actually share stuff via social media, just click the buttons and it'll check them off before you post anything. Not everything is unlocked as of yet, but keep tabs on it.

3. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

I don't have Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. nty I'm not signing up just to get into closed beta.

Hadriel

4. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

Pretty sure you have decent odds of getting in just by applying. The extra "guaranteed" steps just seem like a cheap way to drive more traffic.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

If it's anything like Nexon's previous "share" campaigns, you don't need any of the above. I've always been able to just click on "share", it opens the window to log in to Twitter/fb, I close that window, and it counts as having shared.

6. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I'm just going to confirm that this share campaign works just like any other, it works if you just click the buttons and don't actually share anything.

7. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

Does anyone know when they're supposed to let you know if you're accepted or when invites are sent out?

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

Since sign-ups are available until May 6th, and the Beta opens May 9th, there's not a huge window of uncertainty there.

9. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

While, yes, you can sign up until the 6th, that doesn't necessarily mean they're going to wait until the 6th to let everyone know exactly who got in.
    What I should have asked is if they are going to let us know the status of the request at any point between the 14th of April the the 6th of May.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

The first 10k people to complete the road trip, are supposed to be automatically accepted.
    The last mission on the road trip unlocks on April 30th.
    So if you're quick on the button as soon as it unlocks, you can be fairly confident that you're in. I don't know whether they'll immediately give you a "congratulations!" or not.
    Other than that, though, I would imagine that they'll wait until the applications are closed before randomly drawing acceptances.

11. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

easy rule ; Assume they're not going to give you any special effort until proven otherwise. Telling everyone who got in at the same time is the route of least effort.

12. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

Something that I've been wondering is if closed beta starts on may 9, when will the game go live? july? a month of closed and a month of open?

13. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

There is no magic answer to that.
    The beta is only a week long;

"Sign-up is only open from April 14, 2018 until May 6, 2018.
    The MapleStory 2 Closed Beta will start on May 9, 2018 and end May 16, 2018."

What they do after that week depends on whether the beta finds issues, what the issues are, how they choose to address them, and what their timeline is.
    They may go through a dozen iterations of beta before they're ready.
    They may go through progressive load tests of beta, letting in more and more people each week they activate it so it can spread hype and get tested.

It could be weeks, months, or even a year before we see the live version from this point.

14. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

lol totally glossed over that.

Now that's something that I doubt since companies have been using betas less and less for testing and more for creating hype(iirc last year a game actually did a beta right and people were amazed).

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Nexon isn't "companies".
    Maplestory M had their open beta in January, and all they could say about it at the Fest last Saturday was that it would be released "this year". (The Beta was Android-only, so I assume most of this year is being spent making the iOS port)

16. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/microsite/roadtrip

The forum self-introduction segment started today - The final segment is on the 30th, with the second to last being on the 25th. There's no real hurry, but if you're paranoid about not getting into the closed beta I'd recommend doing all the previous segments up to the 25th of April before the final one on the 30th. Less to slog through last second.

17. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

As usual, just clicking the link to go through the forums is sufficient for a check mark under the road trip check list. I'm not sure if they'll ever check if you've actually posted to the forums or anything (at least for the purposes of getting into CBT through the road trip), but I kind of doubt it. But, it's up to each of us if we want to risk it, I suppose.

18. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

Results of sign-ups are rolling out. Check your e-mail.

19. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

I'm in as well. I am however returning home for a holiday (as odd as that might sound), so it's a good test of several things.

Hadriel

20. Default Re: Maplestory2 Closed Beta

Nice got in as well, now to check if my 6 year old pc bursts into flames when it tries to run it. :'D