1. Default An Update Regarding Kanna Bans

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//26462/

2. Default Re: An Update Regarding Kanna Bans

What happened this time? I got banned for spamming Dragon Blink before, I hope it wasn't like that.

3. Default Re: An Update Regarding Kanna Bans

I think it was literally just doing anything on a Kanna triggered bans. Kanna is a class very commonly used for botting.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: An Update Regarding Kanna Bans

Not really "just doing anything."
    Quite a few people, including prominent Kanna mains and Nexon's VFMs, tried their hardest to get banned, and failed. Many other people claim they just kept playing their Kannas normally - meso farming, kishining, etc - and didn't get banned either.

The vast majority of the bans were actual hackers. I don't know whether Nexon found even one confirmed false ban. If they had, they might have been able to find the pattern to look for in the logs, to locate the other legits. Meanwhile, legitimate players were afraid to play their Kannas (including myself - my Kanna is level 219 and I was afraid to train it to 220 for kishin at lachelein. Just not worth the risk, however small). The investigations were taking too long and the community was getting really antsy. My impression is that their "investigation team" gave up on looking through all the ban appeals, and the decision had to be made whether to leave everyone banned or free everyone. And the hackers won.

5. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

don't the hackers always win

6. Default Re: An Update Regarding Kanna Bans

Oh I didn't really follow the bans too closely. I know I felt that sometimes if you used kishin a bit too much you'll get your game disconnected or crashed.

7. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

the core of the problem is that it is way to easy to continue hacking after getting banned, this wave literally was useless