1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

As of v.188, familiars no longer despawn when you change channels. Which means we can no longer cc or go into cash shop to instantly recover familiar vitality.

So, vitality recovery familiars now have a role to play. Assuming they work.
    Currently, their skills seem to have one of the following descriptions:

A
    1) Increases the Vitality recovery speed of summoned X-type Familiars.
    2) Increases the Vitality recovery speed of summoned Familiars of all types.
    3) While summoned, increases the Vitality recovery speed of X-type Familiars in your possession.

B
    Continuously recovers the Vitality of summoned Familiars by a small amount.
    Continuously recovers the Vitality of summoned Familiars.
    Continuously recovers the Vitality of summoned Familiars by a large amount.

C
    Continuously recovers the Vitality of Familiars summoned by party members [by a small/large amount].

D
    Continuously recovers the Vitality of Familiars summoned by those nearby [by a small/large amount].

What does what?
    C and D seem clear enough (though I'd love to know what small, regular, and large amounts are).

But what do A and B do, and what's the difference, if any, between them? What is the difference, if any, between A-1 and A-3?

Considering these skills predate the JMS revamp that allowed summoning more than one Familiar, none of these can possibly mean that you have to have both the recovery familiar and the familiar to be healed summoned at the same time. So, how to use them?

And, wait... if B means you summon the recovery familiar and it heals your familiars that are not currently summoned, does that mean C and D do the same for the entire party/map? Or do they work only on currently summoned familiars?

As you see, it's a bit confusing for me. I'd be grateful to anyone who can make things clearer.

2. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

They have decFatigue variables set to 10, 20, or 30 (for small, normal, and large), and time set to 1, so I assume it's per second recovery. There appears to be no difference between "recovers the Vitality" and "increases the Vitality recovery speed). All the ones in category A actually have decFatigue set to 30.

I'm not sure how much fatigue one vitality orb is, but we could possibly test it using meso generating familiars (small and normal amounts using 50 fatigue, and large amounts using 100 fatigue with interval set to 600000, so it might take a while).

Also, I just went into the Empress lobby, after a rather lengthy round of bossing prior, leaving my wolf with like a third vitality left, and my wolf's vitality orb was full again, so it could be that changing channels will refresh familiar vitality anyway. Worth looking into.
    Last edited by Grey; 2017-09-02 at 01:32 PM.

3. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: UhWut
    Server: Windia
    Level: 241
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Wings
    Virginia

Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

Actually, I'm pretty sure the CC/Cash Shop/Auction House trick still works to reset your vitality orbs. Also, I've never tested it fully but I think that the vitality-recovery familiars function only if they are summoned together with another familiar with low vitality -- something exclusive to JMS at the moment.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

Thanks for the info, guys.

And yes, you're right. The familiar stays summoned through channel change, but its vitality resets. Best of both worlds!

5. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

now lets hope they would fix Ranmaru's entrance map so it wont unsummon your familiar.

6. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

You mean that is still happening? I always just use a drop coupon to daily boss, good thing easter is soon so I'll farm up more egg buffs.

7. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

Just a quick addendum. If your familiar is unsummoned/returned because it ran out of vitality, then the CC/CS/AH trick will not work, and you will have to rely on your vitality recovering familiars.
    @Grey; What's the time interval variable for HP/MP/HP&MP recovery in the data?

Hadriel

8. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

10k, also there's a typo in my earlier post, interval for producing items is actually 60k.

9. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

Hmm... that's quite odd then if time interval is 10k, because recovery is typically tied to the 10 second period. Can't imagine what that 10k is, unless it's 10,000 ms. I'm just trying to figure out what the time = 1 for the decFatigue is.

Hadriel

10. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

Well I guess a really boring way to test is to just use the 60k item summoning familiar and see how much the orb goes down by. Then I guess you divide by 6.

11. Default Re: Vitality recovery familiars - what do the skills mean?

The familiars that produce mesos and items actually work?