Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Knight can leave behind an aura that raises defense. Not sure if endgame content makes it mandatory or not, but overall it seems like you're meant to have a few healers then go all out DPS.

2. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

You guys are making me feel bad about quitting college a few years ago...

Looks like some people got beta confirmations already. A buddy of mine got in. Ironic considering he doesn't play MS at all.

3. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I got in!

4. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I have no intention of playing this game. I guess I'm here out of morbid curiosity. Has anyone played the Korean/Chinese version? Is there anything unique or interesting about this game compared to the vast number of other 3d Korean grinders these days (BDO, ArcheAge, etc), or are they just trying to capitalize on name recognition and nostalgia?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

From what people are saying, a Knight is mandatory cause they're the only class that can prevent raid wipe attacks, but if the current state is just people DPS zerging the raid bosses then I don't know how relevant it still is.

As for beta invites, my main account, my backup account, and one of my sister's got into the beta first wave. My other sister still hasn't gotten in, but in the off chance she doesn't get in she can use my backup account at least. None of my old Maple buddies have gotten in, which is a damn shame since they've been hyped for Maple 2 as well.

6. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Only my alt account got in, I wish I could have used my Maple 1 evmail, but hey I dont even play MS1 anymore

7. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Got in through Wave 2 myself. I'm actually curious to see if the game is any fun or if it's just a Nexon cash grab trying to get money from people like us.

8. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

A bit of both. It has its charms. It's kind of like if MapleStory and Everplanet had a baby, in a way.

9. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Third wave and first 10k invites went out. Surprised I didn't get in at all.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Disappointed my other sister didn't get accepted into the beta. At least she can use my backup account to play.

11. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Game's ready for download now.

Game's 8.72 GBs.

12. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

I got in but I have an issue where Windows Server based computers can't even connect to their domain *.nexon.net lol wtp do I do besides use a vpn .

13. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

Not very sure about this, but could you use a VM? It's not a very good solution but I thought it might be a start.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I don't suppose it's too early for anyone to datamine or something, see what content we got?

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

If you mean in general, the presentation at the Maple Fest listed classes and bosses. I assume those who are familiar with MS2 can tell from that what version we're on and therefore what content we got.
    Regardless, since the Beta client is available for download, I assume it won't be long before people like @Spadow post interesting tidbits out of it.

16. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

I tried using a windows server 2012 VM, it also has issues unless it's connected to a VPN, I tried playing with my DNS and it yields nothing, I doubt it's an ISP issue as my iPhone and 8.1 laptop can load the site (and launcher) just fine.
    It's not a driver issue either as I have a brand new laptop (a whole different chipset) with 2016 on it as well and it can't connect.
    It's kind of a bummer I really would like to play without any non sense or loading another OS just for one game lmao.

17. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I cannot tell what version GMS2 is at from data extraction. However, a lot of new content has been recently released is localized. A lot is. At the moment there's only English audio and text files. The game will support other languages.

18. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

They said 8 classes for closed beta so I assume it'll be the same for release.

19. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

I gotta say I kinda like the way nexon is incentivising people to test what they want with the events they're holding during the CBT, especially the one that carries to after launch.

http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/news...ed-beta-events

20. Default Re: Global MapleStory 2

It's too damn bad that they chose this week of all weeks to have a beta. lol I'll be out of town for my girlfriend's sister's college graduation. Plus, I have five classes worth of assignments to work on myself. Oh, well...