1. Default Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//24128/

2. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

So now we are having GMST back?

3. Default Re: Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

It doesn't matter. As long as Nexon's not listening, this will be yet another failure attempt to fix the game like all the other Tespia servers they've done.

4. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Couldn't agree more, and they might say how people are using the test server to abuse gliches earlyer or make hacker even faster, i do wish to help em with tests and make the game less buggy, but i wonder how it will go.

5. Default Re: Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

Must have logged in in the last 3 months... thanks huh. I'm busy finishing up experiments to begin writing my thesis so unfortunately I cannot take part.

I suspect this is to catch the more minor bugs such as typos, mistranslations, glitched codes, bugged events etc.

Hadriel

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

No, they would not go to all this trouble for non gamebreaking bugs.

You might not be aware, but the past few patches have been horrible.
    The latest one, this week, was postponed "until further notice" (first time in my memory of playing the game, that a patch maintenance was postponed) due to "technical issues". It was finally started 9 hours late. And then it was extended for a total of 9 hours (beyond the 7 scheduled hours), and then it still had bugs necessitating immediate unscheduled maintenances (yes, plural).
    One of the most ridiculous bugs they had was that Zero characters could be created in Reboot. They were not supposed to be. The patch before this one, they were accidentally available, and had to be deleted. And yet the same thing happened again.

Nexon's policy, ever since the public GMS Tespia closed, has been to do internal testing, then do some sanity checks on the live servers after patching, and then open the servers and let the users find all the bugs. They keep their programmers on alert, and fully expect to go into unscheduled maintenance within a few hours of any patch going live.

However, this process has become untenable both for Nexon and for the players. So they are now trying to let the players, who know how to play and have "normal" characters (they're going to be copying accounts from live to test server, so we have all our characters, gear, mules, etc), find the game-breaking bugs before the patch goes live.

The mention of an NDA leads me to hope that this time they won't let in thousands of random players, but rather hand-pick people who are most likely to actually try to find bugs and report them to Nexon (rather than figure out a way to abuse them on the live servers).

On the other hand, the "application" process (just registration, really) doesn't even include a "why do you want to be a tester?" question. So I can't tell as of yet whether they're going to botch the selection process in true Nexon fashion, or not.

7. Default Re: Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

Wow.

This got me interested. I still remember my fights for Tespia, which lead to partial results after some years.

I haven't been playing for a long time, but I hope they manage this better than they have done with Tespia many years ago.

This can really be a good chance for a considerable game improvement.

8. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Problem is i see how most people just wanna use to test stuff earlyer, i saw some ppl in the facebook Brazilian group how he want to test Cadena once it come out , first thing ppl need test if reboot can create zeros there for sure.

9. Default Re: Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

we're not close to the cadena patch so i doubt thats going to be in tespia, more likely the drop rate nerfs or something closer. Also if tespia is like kms tespia its not going to have a reboot its just going to have one "tespia" server world.

10. Default Re: Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

KMS Tespia has a Reboot server, a second test world, and occasionally, when they're going to release a new server, a test version of that server.

11. Default Re: Join the Private Test Server (PTS)!

The ability to have a copy of your account from the public server is a nice touch. Even with Korea's test server (which usually opens one week prior the public server release...), there's always bugs in the open. Matter of QA, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Matter of rushing to release, I think.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but usually if an issue is discovered in KMST, and especially if it's a design issue (e.g., new class is poorly balanced), there is not enough time to fix it and deploy the fix to the test server first. They fix stuff directly to the public servers, and hope nothing else gets broken along the way.
    We'll have to wait and see whether GMST will get content early enough for any bugs to be fixed and retested there before live release.