Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Help to make MapleStory run smoothier

I was playing and after lagging hard in Tower of Oz i saw how i need some help to make my game better, i rembemer people saying how PCs with multiple processors can make Maple lag.

My pc today have 4g of RAM, 1,6 GHz, it seens a i3 and with 4 processors, nothing extra, it's a simple PC to run maple and a few games, i bought before V-Patch so it was fine for the game, now the game got so much stuff that i think my PC is just trash for Maple.

Anyone know if it would help to focus on one processor? I remember one southperrian saying he did that but the PC was lagging after some time, anyone can help?

2. Default Re: Help to make MapleStory run smoothier

You have a dual core with hyper threading, not 4 processors. I have a i7 and a GTX1070 and have no issues running maple whatsoever.

Your computer is pretty out of date, so i'd recommend just upgrading your computer.

3. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    brazil

Default Re: Help to make MapleStory run smoothier

It's actually a quad core PC, i'm horrible with words.

4. Default Re: Help to make MapleStory run smoothier

There are no quad core i3's. Hyper threading is not a physical core.

5. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

The biggest factor would be that low core clock, 1.6 GHz, probably 2.2 with boost, is pretty trash.
    Maple starts to be lagless with probably around/above 2.8 GHz.

Coincidentally I have a laptop laying around with an i5-2467M, which is more less better the same as you have there, maple runs alright when there aren't many characters around in the same map, my advice would be to get a laptop with an i7 6700/7700HQ as the cpu model, or something else with high clock speed, nothing much can be done m8.

However you could trying setting the skill transparency to near the limit and (mini/)normal numbers for damage skins.
    Setting your battery settings to high performance, not having too many process heavy tasks when you play e.g don't run 1080p videos run them on 720p.
    NOT RECOMMENDED AND MIGHT GET YOU BANNED set maple's priority to high in task manager.

For a true lagless experience the best would be an I7 with 4.3 nonetheless so yeah rip laptops.

6. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    brazil

It's actuallt a pc, got it like 10months ago, i bought comparing the old maple, i didn't lag with it(compared to now) until the V-Patch, aftar that patch quests that required killing mobs started to lag a LOT more, the game was freezing more constantly so JQ was harder, killing multiple mobs even without any quest would lag me anyway; it did got a litte better as they uptate, but still worst than before.

Something i noticed when i was playing in EMS where i have more delay than GMS, the Oz runs i had there was kind ass, but after they opimized the game i could go basically how i was going in GMS, as V-patch hits i just had the same lag as in old EMS i was playing.

Floors like 42f where i didn't really lag, now i need to carefully walk else i will fall and possibile lose the stage since i can't move and jump for too long, 41f is even worst for me since it's easy to get a freeze due to loading points in the map that keep charging the map.

I just got a PC that was as good as my old one that broke to play a 2D game, but seens it was too low.

7. Default Re: Help to make MapleStory run smoothier

My laptop runs i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz. It plays smoothly (it had better) but cinematic stuff is jerky, which is their fault not mine. And I'm kicking around with a 960 Pro, if that makes a difference.
    At the end of the day, the bottleneck is from latency.

Hadriel