Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

For a short time you gain full control of Nexon and all of its resources but it only lasts long enough to make one update. What would you change?

Spoiler

2. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Add flames.

3. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Add flames and 25star, also i would like to add the PIC and Cash Shop look of KMS, this way would be better and less buggy(the further of KMS, the more buggy the game is...)

Also they could add Nebulites Rank S and rework all the current way to get it, instead only dropping and gacha, should have more ways(like dropping boxes rank C/B/A/S from bosses, even monsters) to obtain nebs, fusing wouldn't require a ticket at least for rank A and bellow.

Also maybe even revamp GPQ to be usefull again(like this guy sugested on Forums:http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/d...of-game#latest)

4. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Huge QoL patch. Mainly focused on nebulites.

Increase the bonuses and have multiple stat nebulites (4% stat + weapon attack for example). You're able to fuse up to A rank for mesos only (15m~ per A rank fuse), no longer need premium tickets at all, nebulite boxes give out up to A rank with randomized stats. Nebulite Diffusers are now sold for meso with Mysterious Merchant Matilda 1m each.

I'd consider something like socket count on items, like level 140+ gear would have up to 3 nebulite slots capable.

Ability to sell multiple items by right clicking on an equipment and setting a flag on it then confirming, cannot sell more than what the buyback tab will display.

5. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I'd spill my coffee in the server room.

jk. I'd make "True Reboot", trading enabled, potential effects nerfed, bosses adjusted to make the game more.. party friendly... , basically an attempt to give maplestory that community feeling again instead of a single player RPG with an e-penis contest on the side.

6. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Optimization update. What better way to enjoy the game than to not wait around 30 minutes or more counting slow loading, disconnections, and crashes? Not to mention event hell lag, crippling FPS loot/kill lag, and bad design like events that interfere with goals within the game like elite monsters not being able to be registered on the collection if elite replacements exist as an event.

At this moment, playing the game in this state feels more like a chore, and the Nexon Launcher made it EVEN worse.

7. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I am disappointed. You get the chance to change something in the game what you do is add more powercreep?

- Would eliminate the mechanic of monsters dropping equipment and replace it with monsters dropping ingredients that can be used to craft those equipmens via profession system.
    - Would change profession system to work much closer to the old alchemy system, where an Item's base stats depended on the quality of the ingredients used to make them. I also would add the option of using a lower level item as the base for the creation of a higher level item, resulting in even higher stats, with the purpose of making all items, even those of lower levels, become of worth and making items that take full advantage of this method become trully endgame equipment
    - Would change potential system to work out of item's base stats instead of character base stats. That way the stats of an item becomes most important over its potential. Everyone would be able to benefit from this, create items through profession, sell them in FM and profit from it, instead of only those that can afford to cube things to their best like it is right now.
    - I would hire a bunch of monitors whose sole porpupose would be to keep watch over the game 24/7 and ban hackers, and sign them up so they cannot be fired even after im gone.

I know Ive thought of this before but I cannot remember all the ideas i had.

8. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Separate the Transfer Hammer into two items: A Transfer Item that moves scroll effects and Enhancements, and a second that will move potential. If you have a scrolled Empress Hat, you could move the scrolls to a SW Hat and the Pot to a different hat if you wanted. Loosen the requirements so you can transfer stats to and from any item within +/- 20 levels, so if you had a SW weapon you could downgrade to a CRA weapon if you wanted

Combine Sharing Tag's effect with SoK. Every Untradable equip is now cuttable with SoK. I don't know why this isn't already the case since it means more money for Nexon.

Combine all the different pomegranatety untradable elixirs into one item with one item id so they stack properly

Increase Quest and Empathy reward EXP so it isn't disproportionately difficult to get and to encourage players to do quests. Alternatively, make Trait Boosters more readily available outside of events. I don't even know how you get Insight EXP anymore tbh

9. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Harvesting Ores.

10. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

AT LAST!!! This is a very interesting thread and finally I have to agree with some point with Pikamemmon...
    I will call this patch: Restoration

- Some old mechanics returns like Accuraccy and Avoid. Others like defense, HP, EXP and critical are reworked to be more balanced.

- Potential is reworked in order to be less broken. % potentials will work only on base stats instead of summed ones. Some %special stats like Boss Damage will have an cap to get more variety. Cubes will be drop more often and the Occult ones (up to Epic) will be a common drop.

- Victoria island gets hit with the restoration. Old maps returns, but with the addition of the new ones. Also it includes new areas.
    - Maple Island gets a restoration and also it will introduce the old Training Map (the ones which you can dress as an Apple) as the "mini" dungeon. Boss included (Rainbow Mano)
    For levels from 20 to 30.
    Also as a twist at level 50 will unlock the whole map as the "hard" version of the dungeon.
    "Hard" Mode Boss: Level 60 onwards.

- Change more maps to fit high level training and have different jobs better in different places. It will return the old weakness/strenghts (including elemental ones) of most mobs like the old times. Sadly now everyone can kill easily everything. Mobs gets some attack increase and also some of them will use their magic attacks again. Also Lupins, Maladies and Bob the Snail will return.

- Add equipment for levels 150-250 that drop from common mobs. From 150 to 200 it will be each 10 levels. From 201+ the nest tier of equipment will be first at 210, then at 225 and then at 240. Level 210 equipment will have a 150 Fafnir stats. 225 ones the Absolabls ones (160) and 240 the Lucid ones (200).

- Trait bonuses rework in order to be more useful to the game.

- Some party quests gets revamped to the old selves with the good aspects of the newer versions of them. EXP gets increased but not by so much.

- EXP gain in lower levels will get decreased a little and increased on the higher levels in order to make the game more uniform.

- Equipment dropping from monsters will be more rare. Also the return of certain forgotten scrolls (Shoes for ATT) will make a total return. Also new special scrolls like and Cape for Speed will be added.

- Optimization upgrade. Some content will be reworked in order to be more ligther.

- An storyline after the Black Mage battle called "Peaceful Days" in which we will see the destiny of the characters after the defeat of the Black Mage, but also the reveal of the true final boss from this game.

11. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

So, i didn't really think much of it, seens a revamped GPQ doesn't really matter either.

Your idea about the old alchemy system, that you could add a extra stat on the base stat of eqps is decent, but flames does the same, so i don't think they would bring it back, they could revamp flames into something similar, where you can have less RNG and make some pieces that grand stats, like 50stat or something; also how it's even viable to not drop eqps anymore, the game always could drop eqps, and now you would only get pieces to make a eqp? Than anyone who got eqps now have a advantage, new players that want eqps would need to farm, as if people didn't quit fast enough.

The potential system could change, but unless eqps could have %att since it would only count the eqps base stat, this way eqps like Heart would still be usefull with such change, yet the game can't really change potentials at this point, they should have done this before.
    Would be better to have more hackers banned.

I could say more things, on how the game could have more stuffs to incentivate part-play, like more %drop rate and no penalty in partys, maybe make maps also better to party-play, but if the directors don't seens to want this so much, i mean the idea is that without a bishop and kanna you would party with someone, but now they even made decent HS, seens party is kind killed; which when i think about in pre-bb, people used to do more partys, like in skeletons, or really any map, you didn't have to be a bishop/priest to go in party, it was just more common for priests.

Or maybe how potential could be either revamped, or less RNG we actually get some decent stuff without needing to re-roll a lot of times, maybe eqps that aren't for all jobs, don't get stats that are useless, maybe we could have more ways to get cubes or maybe bonus cubes at all(which is only NX).

The idea to drop eqps doesn't seens bad, but then what's the point of bosses? Could be maybe for nodestones, but back in pre-bb, horntail dropped eqps, instead the mobs in Leafre drop it(also mastery books, very important), so it's so clear their point, meaning that the idea of HT dropping eqps instead the mobs was already unfair to everyone.

Also since bosses are so useless overall, why not make em more usefull, i still ask myself why i go Damien and Lotus, since they aren't as good as in KMS, maybe they could drop cubes/nodestones, we don't have flames so they only drop eqps or pieces of it, also maybe if you go faster you get more rewards, and also make cubes not for all the PT, but if it drops it's intended for you.(25star would make absolab more usefull and would make the game not so stagnant, it's been years since KMS use a diferent set of eqps, instead the same RA set).

Also @DarkZero there's no reason to bring old maps or new maps to victoria, the lvings is already so fast, that it will be just empty as the today's Ant Tunnel, that people(maybe) requested, and look nobody is there, almost nobody levels in there, so if it's to bring maps, just a few more important ones that people like, it just ocupy space in the game and in the server, while most people forget it was brought back into the game.

I loved the old system that mobs had with elemental resistence and such, people had to memorize mobs to train that were better or worst, and how most jobs had some elemental attack, maybe more than 30% had, but now they kind forgot, it's easyer to not put so much detail in every mob, maybe you level so fast, or they just wanted to more flexible change a meta class to have more $$....they could make some maps with elemental resistences/weakness, and give elements to jobs, so this could give more options for jobs to train, or even some bosses have.

Trainning is already more diverse, classes aren't so much in one particular place, i see how people in maps lv220+ train not only in one map but there's multiple options, and even more will rise with Beyond comming in GMS, yes there might have so much variety, but there always is one maps that benefit more classes than other maps, like Flyons in Chu Chu Island, good for everyone, but i saw how for my job it was better Bellow The Falls(that not so much people went too).

I could say more things that the game could have, maybe adding a lot, everyone here does have stuff they want to change int he game, but i don't know if it really matters, it the Korean players and the Korean developers don't want such changes, then it won't happen, it just part of it, besides on how they have a diferent direction, see how they made the new Dojo almost impossible, there sure is more powercreep on the way, it's bad for new players for sure, but the people that pay the game are the ones that move it the most, sadly.

I'm just not much optmistic about changing the game, when the basics isn't really well, like how many bugs there is, like classes dcing in certain maps while trainning, quests that require killing mobs lag a ton, 5job skills freezing people when it's used, beying almost useless, i do like seeying some sugestions, like how traits aren't that usefull today(outisde of willpower, ambitiom and empathy).

12. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

I don't know why i can't edit my post, just keep loading, but you get my idea(can't correct some sentences to be more clear), when i mean eqp, i mean the drop eqps that include even RA set.

13. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Seems that the webpage is bugged... I can't quote too..

Anyways...
    @Ivangold, you are right at certain old maps are literally useless to bring back, but seeing that the new ones are on worse status... also, the key of bringing back some maps was to focus again on the roots of the game: the adventuring, the exploration, the feel to discover new things. That's why I put the maps again.

Also I forgot something important: the hidden streets. Long way before those maps were interesting to find, since there was a lot of mistery on there... why they eliminated it since it was one of the unique features of the game?

Another thing... if I wanted to bring back the old maps was to also merge near all the servers since most of them are so unpopulated now...

And finally the changes could be done if they deciedes to fix the bugs it has right now... which is difficult to see it fixed...

14. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I would bring 99% of the systems KMS have (SF, Nexon Trade, tradeable craftable Cubes/Flames, etc) and headshoot everything added as "GMS only content" (Nebs, crappy SF, crappy RW shop, Crappy CS, NX Staff, etc) besides Comerci. I would hire way more people focused on killing hacks and taking down abusers. After that I would just invest some money into making server stable and specific Customer Support for MS and adding the requirement that, to work for MapleStory, you need to approve a test about it.

Like I always say this game is not the one we played 7years ago. Why would you make the current game go back to this nostalgia pomegranate? Everything in life changes, if you cant deal with that you might need to seek professional help. Even MS2 was a nostalgia game and after playing it for a while people wanted it to evolve. A game that doesnt evolve will eventually die.

EDIT: Oh well and of course. I would revamp the whole crating system. To make it more up to date. Making it possible to dissasemble more items at the same time and able to get more options to craft. Better set effects and awesome equips (up to 170) that can be crafted with untradeable boss-droped materials that would have a rank system, something like "Broken Lucid Wing fragment" to "Fantastic Lucid Wing fragment", to make the item get better options if best materials are used (making possible for everyone to have same equips but with different tiers) and making a fusion of materials possible so you can upgrade them if X amount is fused. Make Profession skills level up bit by bit (so its not abused by hackers) and add Level-ups based on achievements on your character (from Maxing traits, to Killing X amount of times X&X bosses) "To craft a Lucid Equipment with "Fantastic Pieces" you need to have defeated her X amount of times with a full party" "Higher chances of getting better equipment materials from killing with your whole party Alive" And so on. These equips would be on pair with Boss equips but it would take almost the same amount of effort to get, this way you have more options to use besides the "BiS" lists that make everyone have the same crappy items without any difference. Making some sets add either more matt% or att% or boss% or idr% so anything you choose is well thought based on your character/equips requirements.

15. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

@Shion, I have to agree that the nostalgia thing is not as good, but considering that some old systems were way more efficient than the current ones, is better to take them back with some rework.

16. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Which systems are you talking about. And ofc Redesigning something that worked before is a good idea. But I have to differ to opinions like "remove everything from potential patch" cause that will kill the game just to make happy a few people, that doesnt even play anymore.

17. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I have to agree that potential is not a bad idea, but it was so badly implemented that killed part of the game. Reworking it to make it balanced would make it better. Now I see damage whores who only wants to ger numbers instead to play the game for fun.

18. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Ok, we all agree that Potential was crap when implemented. I mean I didnt had any epic+ equip untill 2years after potential was released.

But right now boss drops cubes. And eventually those cubes can make your gear Uniq+. You can also craft them with some materials, making it not so hard to tier up stuff. If you want to be strong to do certain stuff but you arent looking for optimized dmg this is a great chance for you. I mean, lately I just throw cubes on random gear to sell cause I dont want to risk my items. Most of my friends that arent that dedicated already have at least 12%+ on every equip. Ofc, it needs dedication to do daily bosses everyday. But I think rn is quited balanced. You can get your items to Legendary without spending real money.

The only thing you cannot do is to cube Bonus pot (ergo the reason why I cannot break 30k~ int mark). Or those pineappleing nebulites, men I hate them. Theyre so unfair.

Thats why I would take all KMS systems. Flames can overcome nebulites by far. I mean an equip that gets at least 30+ stat and some random %all stat line is already way better than stupid nebs. Also theyire free to use. And no only that, you get special bonuses every 5th item from CRA coupons.

My best example

19. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

potential was fine when it was introduced because the damage cap was only 199999

20. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

rip pig beach