Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Relatively speaking, that is. Problem is, jobs like Marksmen who could hit 199,999 with Snipe were rendered useless due to the fact that anyone could hit 199,999 easily.

2. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Well, pretty sure it doesn't matter for monst people, as long the meta class is ok(Night Lords or Drk back then).

3. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

It feels foreign to have someone mention a damage cap in Maple. Like what is the record today for the most damaging single hit? I am curious to find out how big the numbers can go but we used to have a damage cap, this is so nostalgic.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

We still have a damage cap. It's 10b.

5. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Mind blown

6. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Some KMS systems needs rework before enter to GMS. Additional options is one of them. If it enters right now in the current status it will break the balance even more.

Nebulites are an incomplete system with a LOT of potential... it was supposed to deliver the S class nebulites and also the 2nd slot on a future patch which didn't happen and left everyone far behind.... even GMS is trashing it own system.... because nebuite is interesting since you can put the desired stat on an item without depending on luck but the first moment to get it.

Accuracy and Avoid are great examples... way before those stats were vital in order to train. Now they even removed them making the training boring instead of thinking to use potions to compensate the lack of them.

7. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

8. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

Balance? what Balance? Why would it break the balance? You can add flames to any of your items. Thats what they do. And new items will have aditional stats that cannot be reflamed, unless you use one Eternal Flame, that in most cases is only for godly items that want perfect stats on it. Ofc its RNG but its a freaking free one, and its results are awesome. Im pretty sure my eye acc is crap compared to the items of my friends that worked alot on getting perfect aditional stats, I wasnt in a hurry cause didnt though EMS would merge with GMS, and even after we knew that. I though we would lose the flames.

Nebulites are cool, yeah, you can choose any line you like. But my problem with them is not that, is that for you to fuse anything higher than B you need NX. To get them you need NX. And that my friend isnt good enough for me. Flames and Aditional options are 100% free and dont need any kind of NX :D

9. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

10b is a pretty big number but I think having the cap there is still a little disappointing. It would (maybe) have been to Reboots advantage to have the cap go as high as it could + an overhaul to how gear gets upgraded to match.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2017-05-21 at 09:39 AM.

10. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Wait, first you say Reboot is a mistake, now you wanna help em?

Also it's EXTREME hardly to hit 10b today, maple will need a bunch more powercreeps for the pros to hit that, just a few do that in Reboot, in KMS some do but they are really funded to hell, besides having flames, 25star and those miracle enhancent scrolls that i saw only once people getting, when they hit 10b, the people on normal server will be hitting prob 20b, then problably the cap will be 20b....10b damage is enough to kill basically all bosses in the game now, including hard Lucid(i guess at least..)

11. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I have to agree that Nebulites needs rework too. Flames needs to apperar now... now GMS ia way harder than KMS since nebulites is an exclusive badly made (still non S Class, as far I know CMS has S class) and needs rework and there is no other options to increase the damage input or at least reduce the damage received.

12. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

With Reboot:
    Adding in a lot of power boost items is ok because the maximum allowed damage will still be limited by how much and for how long players are willing to farm. Having a very high or unlimited cap should probably not be game breaking, at least in theory. (if a player farms for the power, how strong are they allowed to become?)

With a regular server:
    Any kind of power boosting needs to be watched very carefully. In addition to Nx being a factor, once power creep starts getting in, there are not a lot of good ways to take it back out again. It gets tricky because part of the ceiling is based on money but that same thing could be a benefit, depending on the player.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2017-05-21 at 06:51 PM.

13. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I honestly did not understand anything you wrote. You mean what would they do if they delete nebs? or if they add them on top? If you ask me, noone should complain if they add flames and remove nebs. The difference is huge. The only thing I see people would cry about is the 25%nebs on weps. They could give 1 Eternal flame for each neb lost. That would be Insane compensation since theyre so OP.

14. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

If Nexon isn't going to bring flames, the least they can do is make Nebulites worthwhile.

15. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

If I was king for a day, two big changes would happen;

1) Make cubes/nebs/anything stat oriented a free system. I will keep the option to purchase, but I'm talking cubes being a very common drop, and the stat orientations being with different monsters/bosses. There is a 'similar' system already incorporated but I feel it needs to be flooded more, to the point where it's not worth it to buy them from CS.

2) Consolidate, I've touched on this before, but the UI is cluttered, the characters are too flashy, and need to be toned down. I do like the direction of how the game is trying to get you to invest more time into it, rather than funds, but to keep an audience the purchasing power has to be for the cosmetic, and event items.

Blade and soul demonstrated to me almost the perfect system, it had a number of a problems that even pushed me away, but they have adjusted, just feels a little too late and the old engine isn't helping it right now. Maplestory can be paralleled, and it kind of has with the surprise boxes. See in blade and soul, you grinded for the materials, where there were two 'buy events' which deflated the items, and made them accessible to buy to win players in mass. They also had a few pets(cosmetic), and Gems which were incredible staff buffs to your weapon.

(To elaborate also the changes they made, as content became more difficult and time investments to get the materials to upgrade gear got to steep, they drastically cut material costs, and made new players able to get up to date as easy as progressing through the mainstory. It's only the last 3 stages of your weapon that require an actual grind, but as time passes they 'give' those to you as well. So blade and soul encourages activity, but gives opportunity to those who don't have the time or don't care about being on top, while adding a challenge to those who thrive being in the top %).

To elaborate on the gems, since they come across a 'pay to win item', you roughly need (iirc, or last I checked) 27 of each gem, and converting money value to the materials+Gems it's almost about $400 dollars worth of pomegranate if you want that 'now' privilege. You pretty much would have to get 3 sets of gems, fuse them, and do it 3 times (3 gems, for 1 gem, then you need 3 of those already fused gems, to make the next set, up to stage 3 I think). So 3 to the third power now that I think about it (derp). The thing is, they would rotate them in seasonal events where if you did the quests exclusively you could get those gems for free, leaving the material cost. Blade and soul treated it as a "Catch up to my materials" rather than a "YOU MUST HAVE IT". They would cycle costumes in a two week basis, which are costly, but permanent, and storage being a 'subscription' thing.

Maplestory can do the same, but rather than materials, just make it like the black friday sale for cubes, so even though they can be spammed, for those who don't want to grind for them, can get them in wholesale to catch up. Rotate costumes in CS for premium prices that are in the CS premium boxes, things of that nature. The trick is to give the option to those who want to invest, to invest, and people who just want a casual outlook to play it casually, through time investment. There are whales(high spenders), so encourage them to spend without forcing them too and they'll stay.

As for consolidation, they need to do what WoW did and rev back the numbers, 10b should be 10m imo. Obviously bosses would be put to scale. This would probably effectively squash the difference in pay players with free players, or make the difference not as drastic. Minimize multi-hit to like a 4 line cap, avoid AoE BS, limit movement speed a tad so not everyone has flash jump. Though I'm not familiar with the newer maps so this maybe necessary at this given time. I just believe we need less clutter on the screen, artifically make the maps feel larger so bigger parties can participate, and make "1 hitting a mob" a goal again, rather than a standard.

16. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Mobs are harder to 1hit ko now than before, it's just that all the people with lower damage either don't play that much or they just stay in areas where they can 1hit KO and hardly say about not koing in other areas..., also here in SouthPerry or other places people usually don't play the game or they are old folks who can 1hit ko mobs since they are so much time in the game; i remember when i was max doing 2hit ko at the new lv200+ area and it took me a while to start 1hit koing these mobs, when i was managing to 1hit ko the lv210+ area i already had enough rang to kill chaos vellum, which was a end game boss for a long time; it is difficult to 1hit ko, it's just that today people usually can buy mesos or buy nx to get a lot of stats, and the ones that doesn't hardly play for long enough.

I do agree the maps should be more party-oriented, right now i feel how most maps are for solo only, hardly you will make partys oustide with a Bishop(ded at Beyond) and a Kanna, and even still if they attack i felt how i losed exp, they really need change so we go more in partys, now in KMS people have to attack to gain exp, but still need more adjustments.

They can give things for new accounts like: 8slot cupom, 4slot storage and some other stuff for new players, maybe as you level you could gain rewards(like lv70, 120 and 170), giving nx/disccounts stuff could make people exploit by creating new accounts, so it wouldn't be very good if people could create new accs to gain disccounts on new accs or something.

17. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I had it in the back of my mind, but as you said, it's kind of ridiculous that the threshold allows you to solo bosses that frankly should not be solo'd. I want to rewind the scale here because what maplestory fun was you were forced to socialize for efficiency. I think the ability to solo bosses should still be plausible, just a 2+ hour endeavor.

Maplestory kind of kept that social aspect but applied it differently, I feel we can have the best of both worlds if we shrink everything back down.

18. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

A possible way to make boss fights reasonably difficult regardless of stats is to change the scaling so that if you deal too much damage in a short timeframe, it will take less damage from your attacks.

For example, a boss with 10,000,000,000 HP might have a limitation so that if you deal more than 1,000,000,000 damage within a 1 minute timeframe, it will take 90% less damage until the minute is over. So if you are capable of dealing 500,000,000 damage per minute, the boss's HP will go down by 500,000,000 per minute. But if your damage per minute is 5 billion, it goes over the limit by 4 billion (which will then be reduced by 90%), so the boss's HP will only go down by 1,400,000,000 per minute. This way, weak players will still be able to enjoy bossing, while for strong players bosses will not become a joke (and easy bosses such as Zakum can still be trivialized or one-shotted with sufficient range).

This limit can also be for each individual player, so if you fight the above boss with a party of 6, each player will then be able to deal 1,000,000,000 damage per minute at full force. This will encourage party play and without requiring bossers to have ridiculous range.

19. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

This doesn't seens that bad, even tought 10% of the hp of a boss in 1minutes isn't that rare, usually people do bosses when they have more dmg than the minimum, maybe if it's 10% in less than 20seconds honestly, unless they plan to make all bosses longer, which i doubt, also 10b is a low hp nowdays, any unfunded character can do this damage in a reasonable amount of time, just not sure if in 10minutes, i know it's a exemple, but still low today.

20. Default Re: If you could design 1 game update from the ground up, what would you do?

I know it's a low amount but it's meant to lengthen easy boss fights while making the harder ones more accessible by unfunded players/parties (by reducing their HP). For example we can cut down the HP of CRA bosses by half, and implement a limit similar to this so that players with lower range would be able to enjoy the boss fight (especially with a party), while players with 50m range can't just beat cvel in 10 seconds (it would take a minute or two). It's a way to reduce the gap between unfunded and funded players.

Another idea is to make % all stat more easily obtainable from other sources. Potential system is very powerful because of the %stat provided, so if we change Maple Warrior to give +30% all stats instead of +15% and possibly add buff potions that give +10% or +20% all stats, it will make potential system less significant. Or maybe give a +100% all stats buff when fighting bosses. Can increase bosses' HP to compensate.