1. Default Celebrate Spring With New Events: 4/5 – 4/25

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//21711/

2. Default Re: Celebrate Spring With New Events: 4/5 – 4/25

I'd just like to leave my comment about how they've gone completely backwards to how events should be.

Let's take last months events, you had the Steamed Bun shop which was heavily flawed in the way you receive rewards, you had the ARF event which is what any collection event SHOULD be from now on and there was the Chockyday event which is fine for what it was.

So what was the worst of the events? In my own rating I put #1 as ARF #2 goes to Chockyday and far behind the rest is the Steamed Bun event.

Now we compare to this months events (which I don't even care about any except the rocket event), you aren't even ASKED if you want to participate in the easter egg events you get forced into it, so enjoy getting 30,000 (not exaggerating) DIPQ drops that you have to one by one toss or NPC for a big 100 or 300 meso per stack, woo.. events so worth doing. Theres even a even more ridiculous kill count attendance but I'll let it slide cause it's easy enough to knock out 2000 mobs if you find a map you circulate fast enough.

I just want all events to fall into what we had previously, you aren't forced into seeing event drops unless your participating in the events. It makes maps less cluttered and ultimately less laggy. I can't even complete DIPQ sometimes due to the amount of lag massive piles of pomegranatety easter eggs take up. I don't even want to consider training my character. All I'm going to be doing is attempting to get the 20,000 rocket points per day and that'll be my day, oh and Vanishing Journey dailies.

Because of the way nexon has made these events I don't even want to do the 2000mob attendance just cause how will I know if a Arcane Symbol dropped? I won't. Eggs are at least 1.25x larger than symbols, so hunting is just.. out of the question right now.

In short, nexon made great progress a month ago only to regress heavily.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Celebrate Spring With New Events: 4/5 – 4/25

What was wrong with the Steamed Bun shop? It worked exactly the same as the ARF rewards.

The Easter Egg spam has been with us for many many years. One time they heard our pleas and slightly reduced the eggs drop rate in a maintenance, but even that seems to have been undone this year.

The ridiculous kill count for attendance, I'm told, is what KMS attendances are always like. GMS just decided not to reduce it as they usually do. I guess they think the rewards this time are so good that they need to deter people from doing attendance on 9000 accounts.

All in all, definitely a bad event season.

4. Default Re: Celebrate Spring With New Events: 4/5 – 4/25

That's false, they've only had two kill 2000 attendances (that I know of), one of which is this event, which, as you speculate, is probably because it has better rewards than usual, and I think they're doing something where they have to kill 2k mobs right now, but I'm not too sure about that. Other than that, attendances are usually the same. Kill 200/300 monsters, and the collect 20/30 drop kind which they haven't been doing recently.

5. Default Re: Celebrate Spring With New Events: 4/5 – 4/25

This whole patch is lackluster honestly. The only thing I can think of is they're working on Beyond and that's taken a large amount of their time. I can imagine there's some collaboration with CMS, TWMS, JMS, and MSEA about Kanna, Hayato, Beast Tamer, and Jett/Dragon Warrior about their 2nd 5th job skills and if they're going to get the job branch specific ones.

6. Default Re: Celebrate Spring With New Events: 4/5 – 4/25

Sorry I meant to say the way to redeem your rewards was very counter intuitive. You need to complete the quest, get the reward, start the next quest, find out you can't finish that quest until you've used the previous reward. It was a mess.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Celebrate Spring With New Events: 4/5 – 4/25

Yes, the daily quests for that were weird.
    But at least the new fireworks thing works like the ARF, no need to stop to turn quests in and all.
    I just wish the buff rockets didn't have such an elaborate (and laggy) effect. Or that they were less common.