Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

About time we get one, he/she have a lot of stuff to do, months we were alone.

3. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

wouldn't hold my breath, once competence shows they all get fired

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Not really expecting anything from this one.
    Not that I expected much from the others, of course, but this one starts off in a bad way by not giving their real name, after Artasi and KThxBaiNao were willing to shed that Nexon anonymity mask. Oh, and parroting the company line about GMs patrolling 24/7...

We will see.
    They say they've been reading the forums and reddit for weeks. You'd expect them to also have a pile of answers to start tacking onto existing threads, right? They haven't started posting them yet...
    And there's the "AMA" stream next week. We'll see whether we get answers or the usual corporate doublespeak.

5. Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

I give him ten. The holidays will ruin any person at Nexon HQ.

6. Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

One major exploit and terrible nexon response 2 months later and they'll be gone.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Or they might last as long as Hime.
    Looking at their answers to the "AMA" thread, they've got the company bs down pat. From "our GMs investigate every report" to "we are removing direct launch to focus on Nexon Launcher and make it awesome" and "we are considering <whatever suggestion>". No point asking them anything, really. They're the company spokesperson, not the community's advocate.

That's assuming they care.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

So I watched the stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128955618

I'm never getting that hour of my life back.

But I have learned one thing: this new CM doesn't even have any intention of being helpful to the community.
    His main focus in this job is the "creative" side. He's a "content creator" who wants to make what is basically ad copy and run events and contests on all available social media. A little like a medical clown, who comes to entertain miserable hospitalized people, his community activity might cheer people up but it won't fix what ails them.
    The whole bit about communicating player concerns to "the team" and giving players answers when he has them, seems to interest him not at all.

Not that CMs ever have power, at Nexon, to change anything for the better. But having one that doesn't even want to, is a new low. And my guess is that he'll last a long long while - or until some other company snatches him up. I do wonder why he left his last 4 CM jobs.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Wow. He's worse than I expected, even from Nexon.
    This guy just banned a major contributor from the official forums, not because of something he did on the forums, but because he took his grievances to reddit and, in general, criticized Arwoo's handling of the official forums (locking threads and moving sections around) from there.

Actually he banned him two days ago, and in response to forumers asking for a reversal of the ban, he posted this today:
    And of course immediately locked the thread, because what better way to have the last word.

Except he doesn't get the last word, because people are still talking about it on reddit. I wonder whether he's going to try to figure out their forum names (the banned person used the same name on the forum and on reddit) and ban the lot of them.

I must say, that while I never have high expectations from a CM - they have little power to change anything about Nexon or the game - I'm usually willing to let them do their thing for however long they last. This one, however, seems so downright bad that I want him out of there right now.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

man, talk about petty, so i can't talk bad about the game to my friends because if he overhears me, i'm forum-banned huh. totally normal behavior. ban them for something they didn't do where you moderate.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

Not about the game. About Arwoo.
    As far as I can see, the only threads he's locked on the official forums were threads where he was being attacked or had demands made of him. Threads complaining about the game, like rants about that new Nexon Launcher, are left alone.
    And the person who got banned was also attacking Arwoo personally, for the rearranging he's doing to the official forum structure.

I'm probably showing my age, but the whole situation reminds me of this

except in reverse.

12. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial

I'd like to give my input on this but it's clear to me that nothing I can say or do from this identity will be unmonitored from this t absolutely glorious, wonderful and benevolent arbiter of company relations.

If he wanted a chilling effect, he succeeded in this stellarly.

13. Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

Do you use Reddit? If you do, what is your username? I TOTALLY wont ban you.

14. Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

What? I said it was good to have one, I made no mention to the quality of their work so far.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Some CMs are worse than none.

During the time between when KThxBaiNao was sacked and when Arwoo introduced himself, the forums were mostly peaceful. The VFMs kept the order and forwarded issues (idk who to, but bugs in general continued to be solved, or not, at the usual pace), and OneLetter (Head CM), Saygo (Vindictus CM, I think?), and SavageAce (MapleStory producer) posted notices and very rare comments (when civil unrest was more than the VFMs could handle on their own).

Arwoo came in with an apparent need to make his mark and assert his authority, moving things around and instantly antagonizing the forum regulars and the active redditors (although this might be more because he replaced their darling KThxBaiNao than due to anything wrong he said on reddit). This, along with the fact that he hasn't solved any issues or even answered any questions (not that CMs ever can do much, of course), means that he's actually worse than having no CM.

16. Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

To an ordinary person from the outside world all of that could appear to be horrible but in Nexon country, it sounds like business as usual. They may not even notice the backlash as a bad thing, just another day at the office.

17. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial

aaaaand an official response from OneLetter

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/d...ication#latest

rest in pieces, MapleStory fansites. No one is safe anymore.