1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

I don't think it's RIP fansites. More like RIP official forums.
    And the forumers are upvoting it as if that collection of words means something good.

I guess the good thing is that he chose to respond and is promising a longer response. And the latest thread on the topic was not locked as soon as Arwoo posted in it (I wonder how difficult it was for him not to click that "close thread" button. OneLetter did lock his own response, of course). For a while there it looked like their policy is to simply lock every thread, ignore the subreddit, and hope the community gives up.

Maybe KThxBaiNao's "open letter" had some effect. Or maybe Arwoo didn't want to have to ban the top forum contributor, who had joined the "hate-filled" on reddit. And then whoever springs to their defense. Until nobody but bootlickers remain in the forums (as an aside, it's amusing to see how the people who applied for VFM are behaving on this. And how the existing VFMs are staying out of it).

Or maybe OneLetter doesn't actually support Arwoo's behavior, but doesn't want to go to the trouble of finding another CM (seems they had a difficult enough time coming up with this one), so is backing him up in public while simultaneously telling him to be less of a dictator in private.

Anyway, always nice to have a bit of drama to distract us from the mess that is the game itself.

2. Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

That's a bit of a leap.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

In other words people can now make a reddit account, name it identical to someone at Nexon forums, troll at r/MapleStory and get someone banned at official forums? Fantastic!

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I believe there has been precedent of someone getting banned because somebody made an account in their name on a hacking site and offered some gear for sale for real-world cash.
    The person protested that it wasn't them and they never even had any of that gear, but last I heard that didn't help them.
    I think this was something like two years ago.
    So yeah, Nexon's always been a stalker, and an inept one at that. Play at your own risk.

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Without going into too much detail, that was actually a sting operation. He showed up at a predetermined obscure location and that was deemed enough evidence for intent of wrongdoing.

6. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I hope you're grossly overestimating.

7. Default Re: Ahoys from CM Arwoo~

I already know the background, lot of assumptions you can stem from it but I think I can put it in terms that everyone will understand;

Guy who is outside of the community put in charge of it. The guy hasn't played since 2012, that's when I quit (well mid 2011). This game is completely alien, the problems are alien, and the history probably is too. This is going to be your new Hime, enjoy.