Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//20725/

2. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

"fully focused" my arse. The Nexon Launcher is a steaming pile of dung. Why must Nexon insist on inconveniencing players at every possible turn?

3. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

Well i normaly like the game launcher, rip ; can anyone explain if the nexon launcher is better? Some people report they need to download the entire game in some patchs.

4. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

How is this an inconvience?

5. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

As stated above, the nexon launcher can, on some rare occasions, force you to redownload the entire game client rather than simply patching as it is supposed to. It will also sometimes insist the game is still running after you hit the "PLAY" button when the client crashes. There have also been some instances of the nexon launcher insisting the game is still under maintenance up to an hour after the game is already back up. Gamelauncher.exe does not have these problems.

6. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

I have issues with the launcher not starting the game even though a maintenance ended and the servers should be up but I've never had it re-download the client all over again, I don't remove the videos or modify the folder in anyway.

7. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

I hate this. I hate this and I hate their website. Of all the MapleStory servers I know about, GMS is the only one with this god awful website (everyone else has basically the same layout, which is basically what we used to have, which made it much easier to find notices) and the only one with Nexon Launcher. I have a lot of accounts, I like to switch between them, I don't want to restart the game every time I do that.

Why do they insist on doing this? Who asked for this? They make (maybe) an effort to gather feedback on what we like about the game, yet they don't bother to check if we actually want these things.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone who actually likes these things, but they're just so not for me and I'm just venting.

8. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

This is really stupid for people with multiple accounts, and for people who hate using the website. Didn't think Nexon could sink even lower, but they always manage to do so.

9. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

Oh I guess this means a major patch comes out on March 23.

10. Neon Atom
    IGN: Hellstinger
    Server: Broa
    Level: 250
    Job: F/P Archmage
    Guild: Kingliner/Onmyouji
    Farm: Melody
    canada

One has to wonder if the GameLaunching argument will still fire up the launcher after that date.

On the other hand, likely means the Kerning Tower update is coming soon. Though that's just my assumption, unless we have something else that is also in the pipe for that update.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Nexon logic at its finest.

Instead of investigating why people are still using direct launch instead of the snazzy Nexon Launcher, and improving the Nexon Launcher accordingly (making it not try to redownload the entire game when it doesn't have to, not mark you as still in-game when you're not, not think Maple is still under maintenance when it's not, allow switching regions if you clicked by mistake, allow switching accounts, and show you if you're banned instead of just crashing), they take away the better option.

How about Nexon "focus" on making their damn client not crash when it's launched (by whatever method), instead of destroying what isn't broken?

12. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

Problably because it's easyer for em to focus one client then fix the game, honestly i expect the people there will stay just as overworked as today(in general).

13. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

Noooo! This is disastrous

I really hope they reverse this decision. Could be time for me to give up the game.

EDIT:
    lol focusing their non-efforts

14. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

"Focusing our patch experience" AKA "we'll try to make sure it doesn't redownload the entire game client randomly"

15. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

R E T A R D E D .
    Sorry for insulting retarded people you're better than this*

Woah
    Power Elixir (x300)
    All-Cure Potion (x100)

I do wonder if this is a part effort to catch hackers, could the nexon launcher use a process that detects hacking maybe? Hook itself to MS? I have no clue as I've never used it but I would do that if I were nexon.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

The Nexon Launcher is probably harder for hackers to wrap or multi-client with, but I'm sure they'll create a workaround within weeks at most.

As usual, Nexon's anti-hack efforts only inconvenience hackers temporarily, but mess up legits for good.

17. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

I wonder if they will even reconsider this decision with the hate in forums

Man i did use the game launcher in EMS and it was great, it launched and it worked everytime, i could trade chars easily, it was just as simple as the gamelauncher, i remember i needed to put the log in and password everytime but wasn't much problem, why can't they make a simpler version of the nexon launcher(like the EMS had)? just to log your log in and password and you can log in; i just don't know about patching, since EMS barely patched in months before merging, but i don't remind beying buggy.

18. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

had high hopes from the V event that game could be revived.

however since the 180 update, very laggy, glitchy. have only logged on for hot day gifts. now it could take perhaps 15 minutes or so to get in game, assuming no crashes in process. 5-10 minutes now to start game from gamelauncher. now need a nexon launcher to load also, and game has to load while the launcher is also running, draining computer power

i most likely will quit, if this goes ahead. its become totally ridiculous

19. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Also what will happen to the steam thing? Is this gonna be some ubisoft pomegranate where you launch steam into nexon launcher into gms? lol

20. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

It's partly to stop hackers. They need the Launcher.exe in order for the program to work.
    They'll find a way around it honestly. I use the Nexon launcher and it takes my 1 year old desktop 10-15mins to log on so i don't even try it anymore unless i'm going to merch or just afk.