Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

Judging from the reddit thread on this, they already have an alternative, so it's not like they're getting hit by this anyway.

2. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

i find it amusing that people immediately jumped to "preventing hax0rs" as the main reason behind this. as many comments suggested it is a trivial alteration to the haxxing script to get around the change.

from the announcement:

their main hope and the main reason most gaming companies run these sort of launcher things is to get you to play their other games. the thinking is that they will be able to provide promotion to other games when you load maple. plus easier install of these other games. sadly their launcher is terrible and the game takes ages to load. and i have no intention of joining any of their other games.

"Maple down again? try one of our other games etc etc" coming in your near future

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

And yet they're keeping the Steam launcher, which distracts you into other games that aren't Nexon's. And is often glitchy too.

4. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

I don't even use direct launch, but now I feel penalized because I do not get the 10,000 RP and elixirs and all cures and stuff :(

5. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

6. Default Re: MapleStory Direct Launch Ending March 23

When will Nexon learn they need to hire an experienced Maple hacker to have any chance at slowing them down..

7. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

can't be considered glitchy if you always force entire redownload instead of patching.

I don't think it's about distracting you with other Nexon games, but ensuring that you get the game's news forced into your face.