IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: A Message from Nexon Korea's Dev Team

Some thoughts:

1. The micro-site, in general, was prepared well in advance, with pages becoming unlocked on a fixed schedule. I see no reason to believe that this page was not part of that schedule. This makes the "we would like to apologize for the various ongoing issues" particularly sad.

2. This is the first time in a long time that we were officially told that the GMS dev team is part of Nexon Korea. While we have known this for a while (it's in that "What Every Mapler Should Know" post all new Southperricans must read), many players refuse to believe it.

3. They take credit for Kanna, Hayato, BT, and Jett's 5th job, even though those were already released in MSEA, and all the overseas teams probably worked together on this content. This is consistent with NexonNA taking credit for the "A Better Maple" changes imported from KMS, and only "clarifying" later after users called them out on it.

3. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Well this is already something at least , i mean they are talking to us, besides that i don't see much else besides the sorry for the problems, i mean we know that skills can take time to develop and specially 5job ones. I also wonder what this tireless mean, if we will actually get less glich than the first v uptate, or actually get worst

4. Default Re: A Message from Nexon Korea's Dev Team

Don't hold your breath. Korea was plagued with server instability and a lot of server maintenances due to faulty server code over the course of the V updates.
    We did get a lot of compensation for the downtime since that is customary in Korea. Even our planned "V Hot Time" event was canceled due to unstable servers.

The current director (Wonky) responsible for the content that is being released posted a few apologies. Many users aren't happy with him (also blaming him for the disappointing 5th job advancement).
    Especially since there was no test server update this week. As of now, nothing is known about the Winter update that will hit Korea soon.
    The update will likely occur next week. I wonder what kind of content will come out since he's responsible for it.

I miss the times where the content went through a considerable amount of time in the test server before it was released to the live server. We've had some pretty messed up bugs and incidents in the past.
    I'm kind of sick of all the "collect X by hunting monsters" events. I know the game is almost 14 years old and coming up with new, exciting and original events might be hard at this stage, ugh.

5. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

I just imagine how bad it would be if some 5job skills stayed bugged for more than 1 week or 2 after the release...

@Spadow, defennely agree on how quests haven't changed the main formula, i wish they changed something, i mean chew chew island seens somewhat original, the old Party quests were as well, imagine if there was a event where party quests and quests gave more exp?(like 2x quest) that would be awsome too.

6. Default Re: A Message from Nexon Korea's Dev Team

Is maple SEA having any issues? You'd think they could prevent the stability problems after releasing it to kms.

7. Default Re: A Message from Nexon Korea's Dev Team

A quick look at their forum says no but who knows.

8. Default Re: A Message from Nexon Korea's Dev Team

I agree.Korean Maplestory is getting more and more boring.Endless hunting,and event has nothing special.We can even guess what the reawrds are for the following events.Between the two big updates,we have three months
    without any useful contents.Really miss the former director for the BigBang,Chaos and Legendary.

9. Default Re: A Message from Nexon Korea's Dev Team

I like to forgive people and not hold grudges or be negative about stuff, but I can't help but call nonsense on that. Probably made up beforehand because that's how every update goes. I like the content the new director puts out ( the previous guy drove the game into a bland P2W hole that nearly killed it!), but one thing Nexon doesn't seem to have that all major AAA games should is a QA team. Feels like they don't have one at all! I used to love Maplestory and only played that for years, but when left to play FFXIV and see the level of quality assurance Square Enix puts into XIV, holy crap! I feel like a huge charm of that game is how solid it runs and how well maintained it is so there's very little headaches to deal with. I look back at Maplestory and Nexon and Maple is built primarily out of headaches omgosh. After playing GOOD MMO's and taking a look back at Maplestory and the way Nexon handles it, wow.... that poor game really is ran by a bunch of monkeys. Love Maplestory but I really hope someday that Nexon just hands the game off to someone else more competent to handle the task (lol yea right). Nintendo would be a nice fit for Maplestory. Ah, what a world that would be. oh well