Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6240/

This was incredibly sudden, but I feel as though this particular thread may be related...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/..._thanks_nexon/

Thoughts? I'm probably thinking too hard on it, but the timing is interesting.

2. Neon Atom
    IGN: Hellstinger
    Server: Broa
    Level: 250
    Job: F/P Archmage
    Guild: Kingliner/Onmyouji
    Farm: Melody
    canada

Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

Feels like another information channel goes down hill.

Pity it couldn't have been OneLetter. One long form letter on pink paper would do the trick. Combine that with Saygo's incompetence at QA, and one wonders why they aren't packing up instead.

I suppose we can insert the obligatory Harry Potter DADA reference now.

3. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

I feel like he didn't last very long.. also maplestory just cannot keep a community manager.. this job has huge turn over for some reason.

https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/...&cws=1&rid=675

So would this be someone that reports to a Community Manager or a literal CM?

lol..serious

4. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

It's my understanding that this position is an actual CM position. They do have a ranking sort of system for their CM's, Associate would be a title that is lower than a normal CM though.

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

and not even a year.

Well Michael, thanks. bye now.

6. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

He probably wants to bail out before the inevitable Christmas duping this year. Don't wanna deal with that pomegranate.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

This is bad news.

Not just because he was a good CM, but because this is likely the last time Nexon hires someone who actually plays the game for that position.

It's possible his leaving had nothing to do with the job itself. We've been told that he has recently had to move back to Seattle due to family issues, and was tele-commuting from there. However, I think that if that were the reason, we'd have had longer notice and a proper goodbye letter. He also instantly lost all titles on the official forums, as Girasol did, and unlike Artasi who's still "Former CM" on the old forums. So I think it's fairly safe to assume that he either rage-quit or was rage-fired for taking the players' side over Nexon's one time too many. That's why I think they'll never again hire anyone who cares. Which means all we'd ever hear will be smarmy lies.

Oh well. Nexon continues their tradition of chewing up and spitting out CMs. What else is new?

8. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

Nexon should replace KThx with the guys from the 5th job livestream, would be a hilarious disaster
    Last edited by PirateIzzy; 2016-12-07 at 11:37 AM.

9. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

This is such an anarchyst view. I don't think he got fired for taking the sides of the players.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon

11. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

How is this an anarchist view? It literally almost happened to Artasi for the whole Oz equips in Marvel debacle, and Girasol would most definitely have been fired for what happened with (AGAIN) the marvel machine previously had she not stepped away. Granted, those two events are in reverse order, but yeah.

There is precedent here - It is not farfetched or outside the realm of possibility by any stretch.

12. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

A sad day indeed..i wonder what will happen next, and i was thinking nexon would take serious the oportunity of merge+5job, but i guess not, or not as i expected.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

14. Electron Male
    IGN: Auguro
    Server: Broa
    Level: 150
    Job: Hayato
    Guild: Nintendo
    Alliance: SmashBros
    Farm: Impleton
    usa

This indeed was a serious blow to the Maple community. I hope our next CM will be just as good with the community as KTBN was. We do not know the whole story as to the reason behind his release, but we will all miss him as our CM. This begs the question, Would anyone want to be a CM? It seems like it is a big responsibility dealing with the Maplers and their ever-demanding needs. I just hope Nexon doesn't give up on interacting with the players, because we need to know if they care about the players who play their game, and not only care about their money they invest into the game. We need a good balance between Maplers and Big-Wig-Big-Cheese-Nexon.
    I guess we all just have to wait and see what the future will bring. <3

15. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

I'm going to get so many weird looks for saying this, Nexon is in the right in this decision based on the details I've received, I can't go into specifics but anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't say this with an empty hand.

16. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

I was thinking there might be reasons we're not aware of. We only knew him from the outside. For all we know he could've done something that broke work policy.

17. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

that carrot smiley face tho

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Do you also agree with Nexon that it could not have waited until they found a replacement?
    Leaving the game without a CM in the midst of the "biggest patch since Big Bang," and certainly one of the buggiest patches, is not good policy.
    Then again, it was OneLetter staying up all night to give the public the obligatory, "maintenance has been extended again, thanks for your patience" every two hours. Maybe that pissed him off enough to fire KThxBaiNao?

I'm assuming all the details you've received come from people in and around Nexon, so you've only heard one side.
    Not that I know anything about the other side.
    I only know that, from the players' side, we've been abruptly deprived of the one person in Nexon we could talk to.

19. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

There's no way I can get the exact details of what was said for obvious reasons, but for them to jerk reaction like that says how steep it was. The only other person who dealt with this was that guy who was briefly teleworking in texas

20. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

honestly not surprised