Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

Boys boys boys, let's all quit the squabbling. It remains moot.

What's done is done. The Maple world keeps on turning, sucking dry the wallets of willing victims, and the dead horse stays dead regardless the vigor of your beating.

2. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

In the first page before you edited, you said KTBN wasn't fired, according to your source.

3. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

I asked "Why did KTBN get fired", I was answered with "He pretty much quit", he then tweeted saying it wasn't his decision, I asked what the hell, then I got clarity on what they meant. His actions led to the conclusion that it was intentional by the individual I spoke with, they were also surprised by his response

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

OK, I think I understand what's going on here.

I think that KhainiWest's source is referring to the fact that you'd already quit and were working "on behalf of Nexon" only until a replacement could be found (so you knew you were on your way out, and it was your decision), while you're talking about being let go suddenly before any such replacement appeared.

So, nobody is lying, just a different focus.

Now, can we please drop that particular question and either let the thread die or return it to a discussion of what happens now?

One positive change we saw was Nexon's stream yesterday. They managed to find a guy who was able to play reasonably naturally (except for the Lucid "battle" which shouldn't have been attempted) and recognize terms from the game correctly (though somebody managed to trip him up with "assassin", which he didn't recognize as being the same as the Night Lord he'd just shown), and they put the production manager, SavageAce on camera to give some answers (they were mostly the generic "we're looking into it" - but at least we know they know of those issues). They recognize the need to communicate with us, even if we have no CM.
    Hopefully they can keep that up even after the V advertising is done...

5. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

Heh, this is why I told him "at least entertain the possibility your source doesn't know all the details. ", so turns out he didn't.

I do wonder if these Q&As are going to be more common, or if it was just another way to promote V. Even if they do communicate more often we don't have a person dedicated to gathering community feedback, both OneLetter and SavageAce have their own job to do and volunteer mods are just volunteers, they won't do a job even half as thorough as an actual CM, nor are they supposed to in a volunteer status. We can only hope they find a new associate CM soon enough.

6. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

I already clarified how the conversation went down and even quoted literally above her and you chose to ignore it lol

No this was already in context prior to the conversation as I was confused that nexon suddenly allowed teleworking.

Do you really want me to answer what happens next , hint, it starts with an M

7. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

MissMurder

8. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

Does she even still work there? I thought she left after dirty bomb

Edit: Oh she does, well no, I was going to say more masochism

9. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

We already are seen as Nexon haters, now we will be seen as haters of comunity "heroes" aswell...

10. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

I thought KTBN was a good face for the company, dunno anything about how he was behind the scenes ofc. However, doing a Reddit AMA about a job you got "fired" from (or quit, or whatever) seems pretty unprofessional to me. Kinda seems more about self-promotion than anything else, as its not really an appropriate venue to talk about what happened or why you left.

11. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

He never was a professional-attitude guy.

12. Default Re: KThxBaiNao No longer with Nexon

I guess as community manager, he should be a more "social" kind of guy but I think he overstepped sometimes when he was talking to his superiors (this is just speculation.)
    Overall, he seemed to be closer to the community then other community managers I have seen.