Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default [Complete] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//19387/

2. Default Re: Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

If this actually helps out, then props to Nexon for doing something about the increased traffic so quickly (and at all).

3. Default Re: Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

The thing is they should have expected this, after all they made us spam our social networks for like 10 days. They had planned to bring back Marvel machine because they knew there would be more people to spend money on it, but they didn't make sure the servers could handle the amount of people coming?

4. Default Re: Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

If you're smart you would've just pressed share and closed the popup noticing that it counted and gave you points, but oh wells.

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

but then we wouldn't have gotten all these nice newcomers.

6. Default Re: Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

I noticed, but I thought maybe some people in my media would be interested to know some of those stuff and play MS again, but that is beyond the point.

It's not like scania was so full you'd get a pop up message saying "unable to connect right now, try later". so the possible argument that maybe this is more people than they expected shoudn't be valid.

7. Default Re: Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

I mean, yeah fair enough, but at least they're working on it right now - instead of us having to suffer through it for a week or two.

8. Neutron
    IGN: SkyTheBM
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 248
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Revenance
    Alliance: Blanc

Default Re: Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

[Update] Maintenance for MapleStory will be extended until further notice. Please check back here for updates.

9. Default [Update] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

10. Default Re: [Update] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

Have a good night sleep everyone.

11. Default Re: [Update] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

lol, already badly laggy during the quiet times, should have fixed that before the whole refering friends thingy, how embarassment

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: [Update] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

One of the 3x EXP coupons they give you will randomly be removed from your inventory if you basically do anything. What a pineappleing joke.

13. Default Re: [Update] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

Unsure how the patch has helped, but I've spent both of my Horntail entries disconnecting.

14. Default [Complete] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

15. Default Re: [Complete] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

lol i cannot patch, might have to re download whole game

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Doesn't seem like they fixed anything from my experience. I still get lag in Reboot and I've DC'd 4 times just trying to kill monsters at Scrapyard.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Doesn't seem to have helped at all.
    I lagged far more than I did yesterday during the noon (PST) 2x session.
    And in Kradia, of all places. Although I spent most of my time in DIPQ which I think runs on a shared server?

18. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

This game is a hot mess.

I've crashed about 4 times today. Which is even worse than D/Cing because I have to start the client up again, and then risk crashing at the gateway selection if I idle too long or accidentally click on the EU gateway when I'm trying to get through the logos. Reboot is still laggy but not as bad as it was before the 5PM Pacific maintenance, but then again, it's 4AM next day rn. Probably going to be just as bad for today's 2x. Also--it's been a couple of months since I've played, but I've noticed a lot more untranslated Korean text than I did before. Either they began to outsource the majority of their localization team or that the new localization team just sucks ass.

Someone should really try to put Tespia on a high priority. Their previous concerns for Tespia (too many duplicate reports/non-bug reports such as gm plox) do not outweigh the benefits of having experienced, eager, regular players and that are at a scale similar (maybe slightly less) to the live servers. One week isn't enough either. Go CMS style and do it weeks before an update. KMST/old GMST style won't work because the devs move too slow. Basically as soon as the internal Nexon America QA testing team gets it = Tespia should be opened.
    They're also hiring for a QA Coordinator specifically for MapleStory. Anyone want a job? Lol.

19. Default Re: [Update] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

After they pulled their maple leaf brigade project to recruit a few people to help them gather ideas for the game, there is nothing stopping them from pulling the same method to gather a few players, transfer their characters and allowing them exclusive access to a Tespia server where they can help spot bugs. The excuses you listed would die in that scenario. The only reason I see for not wanting to implement a Tespia server is money, simple as that.

20. Default Re: [Update] - Unscheduled Minor Patch - December 1, 2016

I actually didn't lag at all during the 3am x2, was nice! I'm on Reboot. Before last night's maintenance, though, it was awful!!