1. Default Monday, November 21 Black Friday Deals!

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//18704/

2. Default Re: Monday, November 21 Black Friday Deals!

Damn Nexon, back at it again with the limited quantity Black Friday sales
    (forgive me)

3. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Monday, November 21 Black Friday Deals!

Limited quantity sales are unnecessary for digital sales. I wonder if this really legitimately has a positive effect on their sales? Because I can't imagine actually limiting potential sales would do anything positive at all, especially for an unannounced sale like today. If they had warned that Black Friday sales were coming, then it might've been okay. But pretty much anyone that plays in my timezone and isn't up at an absurd hour like me wouldn't know about this and is now at a disadvantage for picking up these limited quantity sales.

Also: the Black Friday Lucky Box for non-Reboot hands out actual non-NX decent equips. Slippery slope? I know they already do it with Marvel Machine, but this is the first it's in the ingame Cash Shop, no?

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

While it doesn't cost Nexon anything to "manufacture" Black Cubes, they still don't want everybody buying them at a discount (although this particular discount isn't even all that deep), because then the demand for full-priced ones would presumably drop.

Regarding the boxes, I assume that's just fake scarcity to make people buy them quickly before noticing how much of a scam they are. They cost more than marvel spins, not to mention gachapon and gach boxes, and don't give anything that's worth that much. Even the perm pet in Reboot is not worth 25k (and I'm guessing the expected cost to actually get one, through RNG, is more like 100k).

As for the lack of warning, Nexon is always like that. Every time they spring a Miracle Time or Marvel Machine on us on two days' notice, people cry "if I'd known I'd have saved up some cash for it, but sorry, I just spent it all". Nexon seems to think that we'll find a way to scrape up more dough at a moment's notice, and letting us know ahead of time might make us stop buying stuff at full price.

I'm not sure what you mean.
    Haven't Gachapon and its variations (Philosopher's Books, etc) always given out good, sometimes BiS, gear?

5. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Oh right. Completely forgot about those. I've only played in Reboot for a really long time now. Woops!

6. Default Re: Monday, November 21 Black Friday Deals!

The boxes last year gave out Battleroids and Outlaws - and were in fact the introductory patch to them.