View Poll Results: Where did asking for a Pre Big bang server go wrong?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early on

2 16.67%
  • Later on

2 16.67%
  • Theres still a chance Nexon could do it

2 16.67%
  • The mistake was trusting Nexon

2 16.67%
  • I like Reboot, what is PreBB?

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

Not including recent events, when should everyone have given up on PreBB or conversely, should people never give it up?

Maybe after the first couple of suggestions or the first couple of years following Big bang? When some players imagine the future of Maplestory, additions such as 5th jobs and beyond come to mind but there are also others who legitimately imagine the future to be in the past. I could go either way.

How requests are handled over time (no matter how ridiculous or difficult to implement) can show the difference between Nexon viewing the people playing as real customers or if they only think of the players as some kind of sheep or animals to be farmed.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-11-20 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Clarity

2. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

Every thread the same why expect anything different from someone stuck in the past.

ps. downvoting your thread is a perfectly reasonable response.

3. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

I downvoted this because it's getting redundant at this point, and this horse has been beaten to death so many times, just let it die.

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

Pre-BB did nothing wrong.
    But it's starting to become increasingly clear that Nexon gives fuck-all of a care about letting anyone enjoy it.
    Time to start making our own platform-adventure action-RPG MMO.

5. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

You want a response rather than just a downvote? Here you go - I'm tired of you constantly bringing up this subject. You have beaten the horse dead, revived it, beaten it again, re-animated it as a skeleton, and then played Beethoven's third symphony on its rib cage like a pineappleing xylophone. Don't you ever tire of this? We get it, you prefer pre-big bang maplestory to modern maplestory. A lot of other people do as well, but it just is not something that will likely ever happen. That aside, pre-big bang Maple really is not this fantastic game you make it out to be. The nostalgia factor has so much of a grip on your neck that it's preventing oxygen from getting to your brain, at this point. Move on, dude. pomegranate.

6. Trump minus th money

Nostalgia doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it.
    As someone who grew up with only Super Mario All-Stars, Super Metroid, and The Lion King as my available video games for a very large part of my life, pre-BB catered to my very specific cultivated taste for video games.

Now the only thing that remains is the aesthetic, but with the skeleton system taking over, even that is fading.

7. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

Does that refute what I said, though? This discussion has been done and had far more times than it really needs to have been had, and this thread has added nothing of substance that I can see. Nostalgia or not, I think everyone is pretty tired of the subject matter, especially considering who made the thread, as always.

A classic server isn't happening. The game is dead as it is, and reboot was dead within 2-3 months of its release. I've seen it countless times with private servers - People get excited, play for a week or two, the nostalgia wears off, and then they stop playing.

8. Trump minus th money

please, continue to tell me how reboot is dead. I'm quite a fan of alternate history.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Nexon has made it clear that they have no intention of doing the market research needed to decide what past version, if any, is most likely to succeed, how to monetize it, how to update it, etc. But the PreBB advocates don't want to do that work either. They just repeat "Old Maple was great, bring it back" over and over. It's like that whiny kid at the supermarket whose parent is ignoring them, and all the other shoppers desperately want to slap.

10. Trump minus th money

Some of them have tried, but it's hard to do when the people one is trying to convince won't even acknowledge the request, and people on the official forums were given free rein to belittle and attack anyone who held this regressive desire, to the point where the topic itself is banned, rather than the abusive people who couldn't stay away from a harmless topic that upset them for no reason.

I'm sure I wasn't alone in wanting to discuss it back when it was technically allowed, but steering clear of it because of the vicious piling-on that would always happen.

11. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

Until the actual numbers displayed there are given, that means literally nothing to anyone - For all we know those could be considered "almost full" by less than 50 players on each channel. The server is dead. The game is dead. 5th job will breath some life into it for a while, but it's only temporary.

Also, good job cherry picking my points - do you have ANYTHING of actual SUBSTANCE to add to this long exhausted discussion?

12. Trump minus th money

do you? You could try turning a blind eye to every "pikamemnon thread" that shows up every...what, once per two months? What's such a challenge about that?
    Or here's an idea-- try to contribute to the discussion.

Either way is better than OH MY GOD NOT THIS THREAD AGAIN JESUS.
    HEY GUYS PIKAMEMNON THREAD AMIRITE LOLOLOL.
    HEY DEAD HORSE HAHA. WOW YOU'RE SUCH A DORK FOR WANT THINGS DIFFERENTLY, YOU KNOW WHO ELSE WANTED THINGS TO BE HOW THEY ONCE WERE? HITLER!
    ad nauseum until he gets ashamed and blanks the OP a day or two later, and the thread gets relocated to shenanigans where it's promptly abandoned.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

The official forums are not the place to do that market research. They are full of people who are playing the current version. Not many of them would want all their modern conveniences taken away.

But it's not just the official forums, or the few vocal opponents there. The subreddit reacts the same way. Even Southperry, full of people who've quit Maple and think Big Bang and especially Unleashed were disasterous, doesn't want to hear it anymore. Unless "pikamemnon thread" and pomegranates are our way of welcoming a topic?

If you want to prove a legacy server would be successful, you have to go find the people who quit Maple and who would come back for such a server. Or, I suppose, the people who never played Maple but would find a preBB server more attractive than a modern one.
    Except for a few obsessed souls, those people don't hang around forums dedicated to the active official version.

Reboot is far from dead. I see people all the time, at Commerci, at bosses, in towns, everywhere I go really.
    This weekend on 2x I was leveling a few chars from 100 (ring event) to 120, and had a hard time finding (and keeping) a map at Rashes, of all places. And when an Elite Boss spawned, at least a dozen people hyper rocked in instantly (meaning, they were training or hanging out elsewhere in Leafre on the same channel).

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

DAE Pre-Big Bang Maple?!
    DAE Vanilla / Burning Crusade WoW?!

I swear to god these two could go together like PB&J.

Also the population topic of Reboot is a bit of a touchy subject, especially due to the EMS merge and announcement of V. A lot of my OLD Maple friends (Circa '07/08/09) have started playing again, on Reboot no less, because of the V update, and plenty of EMS players have migrated to Reboot since EMS doesn't have it currently.

15. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

If you are a person that thinks the topic of Pre-BB has gone on for too long then this thread is asking "when do you think was the right time for everyone to have given up?"

Regarding the comments
    Spoiler

(no offense but I call things as I see them)

16. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

You should give up honestly, the max you will get is only a shadow of what pre-bb was, i mean, the today's maple may be trying to be less pay2win and making lv important again, you can really hope maple be good and popular once again, with a great comunity(not only with reboot and scania, today's is already better than before).

You can't expect to relive the same thing as pre-bb, the world changed and a lot of the things in the game aren't fresh and new like it used to be, there won't be a FIRST lv200@!@@@!!11, since there were problably over 200 people that got before big bang patch, you may want pre-bb, but it will never be that one you have in your memory.

For me the right time was during Unlimited, i don't know how you could expect pre-bb, with lv250 and cap over 50m, and whales funding the game, it was just a diferent direction, too far from pre-bb.

17. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

Maybe right now, but when I quit about 2 months ago (probably closer to a month and a half) it was turning into a graveyard. We just had a localization merge and the V update was announced, so population is probably way up at the moment. Parasite's screenshot isn't really representative of general population.

Hilarious, given I already have given plenty of actual contribution to the subject - in the previous 30 threads he's made on this damn subject. Even his "revised" question has been answered ad nauseum by other posters IN HIS PREVIOUS THREADS.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79329

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=79252

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=78517

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=77784

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=73433

Just to scratch the god damn surface. And these are the threads that WEREN'T deleted. Neither him or yourself have brought up any single new point of discussion that has not been thoroughly critiqued and perused over many times previously. People say "DEAD HORSE LEL PIKAMEMNON THREAD" for a reason - Yes, partly mocking, but because it legitimately has gotten old and pointless.

18. Trump minus th money

19. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

Correct, no one is being forced to respond - but he messaged each person who pom'd him asking for a response. I gave him one.

20. Default Re: Where did Pre Big Bang go wrong?

For the record I don't mind the "Pikamemnon thread" thing because I have made some "colorful" threads before and have, on occasion joined in on causing chaos on Southperry. (usually not on purpose) So I'm not going to fault people for that.

The question is when was the best time to give up? Not if one should give up, two different questions.

And I said that no one had to reply if they didn't want to.

You also just further proved my point about there being too much crying over Pre-BB. If someone wants to disagree with the topic of a thread then they should go ahead but trying to interfere with a topic just because someone personally does not like it is in poor taste. If anyone wants to challenge another persons idea then they should do so in a debate or whatever but throwing a tantrum is just a cheap tactic that spoiled kids use.

Not everybody keeps up to date with the developments of PreBB, just because one persons has seen a bunch of similar threads does not mean you should assume that everyone has.
    Why would anyone even vote down a question in the first place? If someone thinks that PreBB should have been given up on right away then that is what could have been posted. Instead a few people simply see the word PreBB and then start foaming at the mouth regardless. As can be seen in the topics that you linked to, the content of threads doesn't seem to matter. If you are honestly ok with discussions that get derailed within the first 5 posts then you might be beyond my reasoning ability and Nexon might be the right company for you.

I hope you enjoy drinking the kool aid.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-11-22 at 07:52 AM.