1. Default NEXON Q3:Exceptionally strong performance of MapleStory in Korea

link:pdf.irpocket.com/C3659/irQp/PIKT/cXkH.pdf

2. Default Re: NEXON Q3:Exceptionally strong performance of MapleStory in Korea

Korea - MapleStory performed exceptionally strongly.

Wow, that's good. Really hoped for something about winter update though.

3. Default Re: NEXON Q3:Exceptionally strong performance of MapleStory in Korea

So I guess going forward we will see Europe combined with NA?

4. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: NEXON Q3:Exceptionally strong performance of MapleStory in Korea

I don't think so. Nexon Europe still exists as a company, and though it's smaller than it was, it still self-publishes Counter Strike Nexon Zombies, Atlantica Online (until the VALOFE Games merge), and Vindictus (until the Feb. 2017 migration) and publishes Combat Arms and WarRock under the Nexon Global Platform/Nexon America brand. And when Dominations launched, there was only one server for NA+EU, but they still seemingly split the revenue contribution by region based on presumably the origin of the purchasing user's country.

Also: Nexon America now has their own internal dev studio titled, Nebula and they began working on a game earlier this year using the Unity engine. Kevin Saunders, lead designer and producer for one of the earlier Nexon (now KRU Interactive) games, Shattered Galaxy, is in charge of this studio. Also important to note that this game being a F2P game (like LawBreakers) is not a guarantee.
    And MapleStory 2 for NA+EU is currently at least in the early planning stages since they're now hiring a Producer specifically for MapleStory 2. We'll probably begin seeing the fruits of that labor soon (maybe early 2017).

Fun Fact: The game SMASH+GRAB by United Front Games (which if you remember, had signed a deal with Nexon America) was originally intended for Nexon. Now the game is dead because the company went bankrupt after self-publishing it, supposedly. Wonder what went wrong?

Also, LawBreakers is also now going to be serviced by Nexon Korea as well. And Peria Chronicles is also now moving along nicely (since they're demoing it in G-STAR).

5. Default Re: NEXON Q3:Exceptionally strong performance of MapleStory in Korea

@maplefreak26 Sometimes I forget that Nexon is more than just MapleStory.

6. Default Re: NEXON Q3:Exceptionally strong performance of MapleStory in Korea

Nexon NA is just Maple Story and Vindictus at this point. (Granted, NA Mabinogi is somehow still alive.) But Nexon KR is huge.

.....And because they're a huge company, they also take huge losses. I'm sure we've all heard the tale of Sudden Attack 2, the major flop which Nexon lost $32 million over. And Maple Story 2 also underperformed to the point where it's already practically forgotten. Tree of Savior was another really hyped up game that underperformed.

Better hope Peria Chronicles can get off the ground. Because other than that, Closers is their only success story as far as newer games go. And even Closers fell off game ranking charts until they brought in a white haired flat chested robot girl that caused the game's population to explode.

I mean, they're doing just fine anyway because of the power couple of Maple Story and DFO. But it's a pretty bad track record for most of their new (non-mobile) games over the past two years to die or woefully underperform.