Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

Am I missing something, or are the Party Play zones completely glitched? D:
    I'm using a skill that hits 10 monsters, but only in these maps it seems to hit 3, and all the others are ignored. It's like that all over Magatia. D:

2. Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

Which job?

3. Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

I was stuck with Dark when making a new luminous too.

4. Default [Updated] v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

5. Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

It's happening on my Mercedes and my Demon Avenger. Couldn't check if the same goes for other classes. D:

6. Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

Strange, my luminous and bow master had no change, only really tested at Sahel 2.

7. Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

the claim to have fixed loot lag was a lie. ok it was perhaps reduced by around 30% but still far too slow to play without a pet. you are still stuck there holding down the Z key for ages

raging blow sound - just noticed that

and removing star planet is sad. given it was my main/only source of reward points. it was also fun and one of the few reliably trouble free areas of the game to play in. also one of the only places where you actually played with other players.

it seems like the other sources which are allegedly more popular are party quests - impossible to do now due to low pop. and bossing which is out of my reach due to being poor and weak. it also happens that my chars without a perma pet are the weaker ones so now i can't get a water to revived tne ye-olde pet. lol

and the attempt to improve lag
    maybe they have tried. maybe about 20% less but there are still huge lag spikes esp during the 2exp event. surprising though given game is so empty.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

That's loot delay. They never claimed to do anything about that.
    Loot lag is when your pet picks up a pile of items at once - and your client freezes for a couple seconds while processing the fact that you acquired those items.
    It seems to be related to your quests. It checks, for each item, whether it's required for any quest you have In Progress - but in a most inefficient manner.
    But yes, it was not visibly improved, either.

Another quest-related lag we get is when you have a kill quest active (like, right now, killing 300 enemies for the Dark Lords of Darkness event), every time you kill an enemy that matches the requirement, you get a little lag spike. If you have two such quests going at the same time, the lag is worse.
    That didn't improve any, either.

"Trouble free" only if you ignore the many botters and hackers infesting the games (botters mostly in One Card, hackers in Legends Return) and the place in general. They kept discovering new item generation/dupe/exploit hacks that worked there because of the way inventory behaves there.

The new source for Reward Points is Monster Collection. It's relatively easy to get 200-500 points a day from that, and doesn't require killing anything over level 80. It does require either sitting at your computer most of the day and clicking a few buttons in Maple every half hour, or visiting your computer to click those buttons every 3 hours. Not nearly as convenient or as plentiful as Star Planet points, but enough for Water of Life. Especially if you top it up with easy bosses like Normal Zakum, normal Hilla, Easy HT, etc.

If you're talking about the freezes ever 2-3 seconds, that's the new "Chat Channels" thing. New bug that has nothing to do with server load.

9. Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

ok thanks. i was just started researching how everyone else was collecting these reward points now.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: v.177 – Strange Stories Patch Notes

The idea is to collect sets of monsters. ("Collecting" a monster means killing them until a notice appears that it was added to your collection)
    Once you have a set, you can send it "exploring", and it comes back after some time with a reward box. Initially you're allowed to have two sets out exploring at any given time. As your collection grows, you unlock more exploration lines.
    The more difficult a set is to get, the longer its exploration time, and the better the rewards.
    You don't have to stay online while your monsters explore. You do have to log in to collect the rewards and send them out again, however.
    Also, the collection is shared between all characters on your account, so you can send monsters out to explore on one character and then collect the boxes on another, if you're someone that tends to switch characters a lot.

Minimal effort setup (half an hour tops; less if you're using a Kanna):

Get 2 Trifling sets: the first Ellinia set (slimes and fairies), and the first Perion set (stumps).
    Get 2 Adequate sets: the second Ellinia set (Evil/Curse/Cold/Surgeon Eyes), and the Kerning Subway set (Strige and Wraiths).

While you're at your computer, send the Trifling sets Exploring every half hour. Their boxes give an average of 10 RP each, so that's 40 RP per hour.
    When you go away from your computer, send out the Adequate sets. They take 3 hours to finish, and their boxes give an average of 30 RP each, so 60 RP for 3 hours.
    It's not a lot, but it adds up.
    (The boxes also give other rewards).

If you're willing to put in a few more hours of effort, you can get 150 monsters in your collection, to unlock a third exploration line. That gives you 50% more Reward Points. To get to 150 you'll need to collect all normal monsters up to about level 80, maybe 90. Don't go after any monsters with more than one star under their picture.
    I think the third Adequate set that is not too frustrating to get is the kittens in Orbis.

Have fun!