1. Default Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//17776/

2. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

I thought all these QoL changes are an obligatory update for all MapleStory servers? Yet you dump it all in "A Better Maple" and make it sounds like yours. Well done, Nexon.
    Last edited by Pythagoras; 2016-10-20 at 01:44 AM.

3. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

Most of them are, but admittedly there are a couple that weren't, like party zones.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

New producer?
    Is he a Waltzing or a Girasol?

The "only 5% of Reward Points come from Star Planet" is misleading. For those 1% of players who do use Star Planet, it is their main (only?) source of Reward Points. Although, of that 1%, a majority are bots...

I must say I don't get the wedding changes.
    Removing the wedding ceremony seems to be aimed at the "just give my my APQ permit" crowd. But restoring the wedding ring effect is for the romanticists marrying for love. So why not let the romanticists keep their fancy ceremony with friends and priest and fancy clothes (if desired) and such?

As for the other changes, they look promising, but we'll see. I'm mostly skeptical of the performance improvements.
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2016-10-19 at 02:40 AM.

5. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

happy to see they will attempt to fix the loot latency, will wait to see how it turns out.

lol at arrows. did not realize that so many people were so distressed at arrows. I like having a stock of them in case the soul arrow expires or is debuffed. though i guess i have enough already to last a lifetime.

lol at the alt-f4 thingy - too many people trying to trick people into saying it is free meso or whatever?

6. Orbital Bee Cannon

I don't think that's it, because they already moved the crying face off F4 so the "jump and cry" trick won't work.
    I fear that this extra confirmation will make it extra hard to kill the client when it hangs or otherwise glitches.

I am concerned about this one: "Display a notification message when the buyback items reset for NPC Shop".
    I NPC a lot (hurray for shop-droids) and if every item after the 10th gives me a warning about something else falling out of the buyback list, I'll be quite annoyed.

Also, "Add a new chat channel" - seems a bit risky when they haven't fixed the bug with guild and buddy chat yet.

7. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Hey will they change the amount of rp given in bosses? in EMS before it changed to v173 of GMS bosses used to give 100(RA, zk, ht hilla...), with this amount star planet isn't that needed, i was wondering if it would stay the 50 it's today in GMS....

8. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

If I recall correctly, there's just a banner that pops up over the items on the shop side in the buy back tab warning you that you've reached the limit and that items will be deleted from now on. It's also an optional feature, there's a check box in the shop window that allows you to enable or disable it.

9. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

We need this right now !!

Also, can someone tell us which ones are not universal changes but actually "A Better Maple" improvements?

10. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

The checkbox is actually to enable the 'right click to sell items' feature, and its pretty annoying since it resets to unchecked every time you relogin -_-

11. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

Oh okay, I didn't realize since I've never used either feature. Is there supposed to be a notification, then? Does it only appear for certain items? I just sold a bunch of juniper berry flowers and one twisted time and it didn't notify me that items were being deleted.

12. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

There's no popup or anything, its just this message thing at the top that says "hey, if you exit the client, change chars, change channels, enter the Cash Shop or certain content, your repurchase tab items will disappear".

13. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

Yeah, we have that. For some reason I thought it doesn't pop up until you've sold enough items, but it's just always there (at least for us).

14. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

Yeah it shows up as soon as you sell anything (even 1 item), pretty useless if you ask me lol.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yeah, utterly meaningless. Takes up screen space for no good reason.
    Also, I'm pretty sure we didn't used to lose items from the buyback tab when doing all those things listed, except log out. This makes the buyback feature a lot less useful.

16. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

I don't even think its right, I can CC and go into the Cash Shop and they'll still be there so I have no idea why they mention those other things...

17. Proton Straight Female
    IGN: WildSunshine
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 224
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: Phoenix
    Alliance: Republic
    Farm: Frecklebury
    usa

possibly because of the high chance of disconnection when CCing and entering/leaving cash shop...

18. Default Re: Maple Memo: A Better Maple Update

And to warn you that there is some chance you could lose your buyback list from doing those things because "spaghetti code" and not to come crying if you lose something important.