1. Default ITT closing down due to federal sanctions

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...n-all-campuses

So the lovely school from which I graduated that never even attempted to help me find a job like they promised is now apparently closing down because, surprise, they didn't do as they promised with anyone else either. They set me up with one job which they promised was "directly related to my degree", which it was not, my degree was in system's security and sysadmin and they set me up with a pineappleing hardware repair job which they had neither trained me to do in the least nor was it something I cared to do, I have shaky hands so doing hardware pomegranate is not fun or workable for me, and when I told them that, I got a few more emails with job opportunities that were all equally "flip some burgers, wait on customers in Walmart or do Best Buy tier "tech" work" and then never got any more. I went in person to the school and got back on the list, got about a weeks worth of emails, then was removed from the list again and haven't gotten any since, that was 4-5 years ago.

I'm still looking for the loan forgiveness forms, I'm definitely going to take advantage of that, I feel that it was the biggest waste of 4 years in my entire life.

2. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: ITT closing down due to federal sanctions

Was that the one with the cringey ads I used to see on local television?

3. Default Re: ITT closing down due to federal sanctions

I don't remember, what were the ads?

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

actually I think those were Collins, Westwood, and DeVry

5. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

I almost enrolled there, but decided to do the community college then state university route instead. I'm so glad I didn't end up enrolling there.

6. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I recall ITT and MircoSkills did do ads early on. I always wondered why someone would advertise that they either had small skills or didn't know what "micro" meant.
    @Flonne; Sadly there isn't a lot of help available since you actually received the degree. You'll probably have to wait to see if the Dept of Ed decides to forgive the loans. If you got private loans, you're even more SoL. It really is a shame that they conned so many people.

7. Default Re: ITT closing down due to federal sanctions

I got rooked into it out of High School before I knew any better. They started a new program the year I was a senior where you could attend ITT in the second half of the school day and do a bunch of credits (nontransferable). I did about 2 semesters worth and figured I was invested enough in it to just go ahead and do the rest of it.

8. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Wow! I had no idea that any high schools were doing partnership programs like this. They effectively managed to leverage your school's reputation to vouch for their validity. Did you receive high school credit for any of those classes and did they receive any federal funds (in lieu of you paying them tuition or otherwise)? I'm certainly no lawyer, but you should probably do a consult with one to see if your circumstances merit any recompense if you haven't already.

I didn't mean to blame you in anyway. These for profit schools took immense advantage of uncapped federal aid and veteran benefits. I really hope the federal government continues to push to make schools (public and private) publish data on things like number of grads employed (in their field), salary, grad school acceptance, and number of years to graduate. These are all really important factors when evaluating school choices and it's either hard to find or often doesn't exist at all.

9. Default Re: ITT closing down due to federal sanctions

I didn't get any credit for them that I'm aware of, I just skipped over using a free period or something in order to have enough credits to graduate, in fact if I recall I had to argue that point at length because they claimed I -didn't- have enough credits to graduate in my senior year even though I was effectively already attending college courses.

10. Default Re: ITT closing down due to federal sanctions

@Flonne;

Your degree is essentially worthless I'm afraid, you need to get back into school even a local community college. Unfortunately ITT invested a lot into high schools to get kids like you. Now I understand why youve had so much trouble getting a job. Literally EVERY recruiter recognizes ITT as a paper mill factory and is completely worthless. You'll be treated SLIGHTLY better with people without degrees, but it's never too late to turn around.

11. Default Re: ITT closing down due to federal sanctions

Yep, it was worthless when I got it, so nothing has changed. I don't have the motivation to go back to school at this point though, I barely have the motivation to get out of bed in the morning, and I have developed such a bad case of agoraphobia on top of my already abysmally low tolerance to stress and anxiety that I could never work to begin with, it would have been a waste even had a gone to a traditional college because I wouldn't have been able to handle a real job in the first place. The fact that I DIDN'T go to a traditional college in the first place should have been the first sign of that to begin with, I essentially settled on ITT because it meant I didn't have to live in a dorm with people I didn't know and I didn't have to socialize or make any friends, I had panic attacks for months in my senior year just thinking about having to go through "the college experience" that most people look forward to. I made it through high school because my school was very small. And by very small, I mean it was a private school where K-12 was around 250 students, and in my junior year the senior class was 3 people, in mine it was 7.