1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

And this latest pomegranate that happened is just another drop in the bucket of pomegranatetiness that is the progressively worsening trend of GamesDoneQuick.

Not to mention the shady financial fuckery that's been going on basically always.

Do not watch GDQ.
    Do not donate to GDQ.
    Pressure all your speedrunner friends to stop having anything to do with GDQ.

2. Default Re: Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

Every GDQ some stupid pomegranate happens and people like you try to use it as an excuse for why no one should ever support GDQ ever again. It stopped being good to you, but I still enjoy it, and I'll donate if I feel like it. The money still goes to the charity in question. Whether PCF is a good charity or not is a different debate (one that also gets brought up every single AGDQ), but ultimately some people doing some stupid pomegranate and getting banned for it isn't really my problem or any of my concern when I decide whether or not to watch. Ultimately, neither is what one of the main event organizers said on their Twitter account, because I don't care what they said. People say stupid pomegranate all the time. This isn't a company showing they're out of touch with reality (like Nintendo did once with a comment on streaming), it's an online streaming event.

I decided to look up what the big deal was after seeing this thread, and the best I can find is this, which with the amount of people giving valid reasons that the ban was justified I don't really see the problem.

GDQ is fine. You may have liked it when it smaller, and to each their own, but ultimately there's no inherit problem with the event. Every time I see something like what you're saying, and I've yet to be convinced that anything is even remotely wrong.

3. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

dude they ban all sorts of people all the time for stupid pomegranate reasons because they want to push a new identity of what a "gamer" is. Loveable people like Blueglass and GameJ06 have been banned from the events because being overweight and strange isn't trendy and reflects poorly on advertisability. Is that the official reason? No, but if you dig looking for the official reasons they are so nonsensical that it's obvious they were just looking for an excuse to get rid of them.

4. Default Re: Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

When was Blueglass banned? I tried looking this up, and all I get is a bunch of old threads every event where people assume that he was because they don't see him, and then he shows up on stream and everyone sighs in relief as someone spread a rumor again. Every event. Just because you don't see him doesn't mean he was banned, that's pretty much the definition of a leap in logic.

I also don't see anything to support GameJ06 getting banned either (unless he was part of this hat thing, I didn't pay attention to names for that), since he was trying to help people get to the event I find it unlikely he was banned beforehand.

I have no problem being proven wrong, but you've not provided anything to prove me wrong. You've done the same thing that's always done when people attack GDQ, "It's bad because my opinion and I say so!"

5. Default Re: Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

Aside from inserting politics into an arena where it has no business being, strictly from an entertainment standpoint it is not fun to watch and has not been for several years, that's the reason I no longer watch them. It's boring, it's the same pomegranate being played time and again with little to no progress made from the previous year, every attempt to have fun or make it more interesting is met with disdain, it's a pathetic excuse of a circlejerk for hipsters and indie "game devs" who really have just made a "press enter to read this text for 30 minutes, thanks for the 10 dollars" pile of pomegranate, some indie games can be decent but the vast majority of them suck absolute ass, and that is the crowd these functions tend to attract.

6. Default Re: Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

I have no problem with anyone who doesn't watch it for this reasoning. You don't like it, and that's fine. Hating it because of perceived drama and ridiculousness like xparasite is claiming is what I think is ridiculous here.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/co...ned_from_agdq/

I rather enjoy SGDQ, but poor AGDQ is just a pomegranateshow every damn year. Controversy after controversy, drama after drama, it never ends.

He's probably talking about the controversy where he was "supposedly" harassed by the staff a couple years back and the whole thing of him flashing a cart of NES Golf multiple times during his run.

8. Default Re: Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

If it's true that the people in question were warned when they got their badges, and then these hats appeared on the stream, then I don't really consider this a controversy. I consider it people overreacting to a ban of a bunch of people who went out of their way to cause trouble. When you're warned that you're on thin ice, you don't deliberately jump up and down then complain when you fall into the water and drown. This is a bunch of people acting like spoiled brats in an event where it's clear that's not really acceptable anymore, and a bunch of people overreacting because they used to be able to.

Thanks for the info, doesn't surprise me that it's more bs.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Well I only call it a controversy, because apparently the PvtCb guy was caught in the crossfire and banned even though he did nothing wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/co...s_banned_from/

I guess take it for what you will. There's always a dozen+ sides to these stories and nothing really gets concluded.

10. Default Re: Stop watching GamesDoneQuick events. GDQ stopped being good in 2013

Cyberdemon is a known troll & troublemaker and both he and PvtCb were already hair away from being banned from future GDQs before this pomegranatestorm occurred.