Really? No thread about this game yet?
+ Pokemon. Original pokemons. Enough said.
+ The game is getting people out and moving. Pokemon Go succeeded in something that pretty much everyone and everything else has failed in.
+ I generally like the monetization model in this game. There's incentive to buy things but the game doesn't seem to be heavily P2W to the point where many would complain about it.
+ Gameplay is simple enough to appeal to a large audience
+ This game markets itself perfectly, I've never seen a game get this much mainstream media coverage.
+ I like the music
- The interface of the game is in some ways poorly designed. Players should not be required to google how the core elements of the game work. Take it from someone who has studied and teached these things... Games or applications should always teach the user how they're used, especially in mobile where a large part of the playerbase is casual players. Also can't believe this game lacks an option to exit the application... This is all design 101. It puzzles me how Niantic developers didn't think of these things more.
- Trade system doesn't exist in the game like advertised in the trailer (although they may add it in the future, the trailer was a bit misleading)
- Bugs. Too many bugs. I understand that the game was tested before release. What on earth were the testers doing?
- Servers. Servers. Servers. Again, I understand they did not expect this much traffic but still... Nintendo and the Pokemon Company were involved and funded the project so they should have more resources for proper testing than some bedroom developer or indie game studio.
- More fair distribution of pokestops/gyms. For those living in rural areas, the game is almost unplayable. I live in a city, right next to mcdonalds, grocery store, 2 gas stations, church, 2 playgrounds, football field, several businesses and yet there's only 2 pokestops close to me and the closest gym is in a different part of the city. Meanwhile some people have 3 pokestops right on their house.
- Personal subjective opinion: I'm not a big fan of the "dumbed down" battle system.
What I would like to see in the game:
- Increased Pokestop radius. Even just a little. Seriously, people are trespassing to get their rewards.
- Warnings that are more clear. There's kids playing this game who don't understand English nor the Gyarados reference. Kids walking under cars is not good PR. Trust me Niantic.
- Trade System (afaik was confirmed to come at a later date)
- Ability to disguise myself as a ten year old so it wouldn't be so awkward playing this game in public.