1. Exclamation EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Seems like EMS made another big change that really fcked us over. (AGAIN)

For the stuff we lose we will get coins to buy scrolls and chairs

"Dear Maplers,

The MapleStory Europe client build now is the same as v.173 from MapleStory Global.
    Various items have been adjusted accordingly to ensure that the two builds are the same.
    This means that some items may have been given an expiry date, have become untradeable
    or underwent other changes to become the same as how it is in MapleStory Global.

You will be compensated according to the severity of each change with unity heart coins that
    can be used in Yulia’s Unity Heart Coin Shop, which is located in the event hall.

The coin shop has various items, including various Chaos Scrolls, a Protection Scroll,
    full AP and SP Reset Scrolls, Potential Stamps, Onyx Apples, permanent tradeable
    as well as untradeable chairs, Mastery Books, Damage Skins, EXP coupons, and more!

You can accept the quest Give me, Unity Heart! From the Maplestory Administrator,
    or by clicking on the star UI on the left side of your screen. The quest will give you
    basic information on what you’ve received the compensation for.

Happy Mapling!

- Maplestory Europe Team -"

Epic failing, I hope ems closes already.

2. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Patch Notes

The following systems have been added:
    - Nebulite System
    - Monster Cards
    - report function (can be accessed by right clicking a Mapler)
    - Monster Life has been added
    - Totem slots have been added

The following has been removed:
    - Free Character Slots
    - Veracent is no longer available
    - Flames will no longer drop from monsters
    - The return to character selection button has been removed

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

That sounds really abrupt and harsh.
    I guess it's still better than "we're closing down; you're welcome to start fresh in GMS", though...

Edit: flames no longer drop from monsters, but does equipment get to keep its existing Additional Options (or whatever they call them)?
    How about stars 15-20?

4. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

pineapple pomegranate forgot to screenshot my items.

J>Amoria PQ if that pomegranate still works on GMS, I want my free apples.

5. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Though they didnt mention a thing about Supreme medals and Darkness Items.

6. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

This was also in the patch notice.

I know I shouldn't have expected additional options, but a part of me did, and now that part is sad.

7. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

When I saw the title my heart was going "YES one step closer for me to playing GMS again!". Then I saw the contents and... damn you guys got hit hard.

Hadriel

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Which still doesn't say whether equipment will lose existing Additional Options.

And yeah, GMS is dead-set on never letting us have those. They need their cube money.
    (Was interesting to read that cash cube rank-up rates went up in EMS. This implies ours were better than theirs? I wonder by how tiny a fraction of a %)

9. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Oh, I thought I only included the stars part in your quote, that was what I intended to respond to, the additional options part was just a pessimistic assumption on my part.

10. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Better by far, I had a 143black cubes run on a miracle time last year and Only made 5items to legendary from uniq. And that was a very good miracle time.

11. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Removing Veracent? Really? REALLY!? Guess that kills us from getting Veracent. That's so stupid. AlsoRIP Additional options. So stupid.

12. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

I havent checked myself (Im at work) but seems like a friend Kept some of his EMS exclusive items (medals and stuff) and the items kept the stars/aditional stats, but im not sure. Only Darkness accesories (Veracent) seems to be affected. Theyre still there, but you cant see it information window when you hover over them.

13. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Sucks that you guys lost Additional Options.

14. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

EMS didnt have that update which removed some of the useless lines (like accuracy) and increased the chances of ranking up. So GMS cubes were better before this update.

Anyways I cant really complain about this changes. I would rather lose some of my items than having to restart from zero like it happened to the Brazilians a few years ago. Because it was either this "merge" or EMS closing as its pretty much a dead server.

15. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

My friend sayed he didn't lose the extra status in the flame, it seens you can't drop flames anymore either, he wondered if he could use nebulites on this flamed eqps .
    Last edited by Ivangold; 2016-07-20 at 06:21 PM.

16. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

So aparentaly they made a shop with rewards, the coins you get with the compasation they made, every flame is one coin, and one cash item is one coin too; idk how long this one lasts, but it's pretty good, i was just casual playing in EMS so i didn't have much flames, i imagine pros have over 400 coins

Edit: Also, the server is quite laggy now , people needing to download 7,7g make the server less populated, we can't get new char slot for free, the bonus status from the flames still exist

17. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

dam I was really hoping we could see veracent in gms too :(

18. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Since EMS Maplers was able to buy character slot coupon for free previously, are those accounts with maxed character slots before this update still have their character slots left intact after this update?

So apparently Beast Tamer is of an Anima race? Does it mean she has a chance to be included in the main lore of Maplestory once Nexon decides to expand Grandis' storyline?

19. Lead Ball Male
    brazil

In EMS, my account still have all the free slots i bought(for free).

20. Default Re: EMS went full GMS v173 overnight!

Didn't they say some systems would remain the same?.....