1. Default Did V updates change any damage range formula?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/...ls_megathread/

Apparently in the V updates players have damage like a few billions for a single line. They have much higher range (like 40mil, 20 times more than 2mil) and damage output, yet with similar equips. I doubt they still have the same formula? If they still have the same formula, how is it possible to get like 40 mils before using the rings? (after the rings it's like 99.99mil)

Thank you!

2. Default Re: Did V updates change any damage range formula?

final damage is calculated

3. Default Re: Did V updates change any damage range formula?

I would guess that they didn't alter the damage formula very much, if at all, and their ranges were probably already that high before they changed the visual cap on damage ranges (for example, I recall a GMS player whose Xenon had an actual range of 10m, vs the visual cap of 2m~2m, and that was several years ago).

I'd guess it's like the previous time the damage cap was raised, people got stronger only because the damage cap was limiting them so much beforehand, not because of any change of formulas.

4. Default Re: Did V updates change any damage range formula?

That makes senses!
    Thank you!

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

True, plus that final damage is accounted into it, so it is reasonable.

5. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Default Re: Did V updates change any damage range formula?

Also, the min and max crítical got higher since %min and %max changed to %critical damage, with that some people got like 30%damage just from that right?

6. Default Re: Did V updates change any damage range formula?

Well that would explain output but not range, which i think is the bigger focus here. Although he does talk about output.