Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Britain's vote to leave EU passes with ~51.8%

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)577971_EN.pdf
    TLDR; It's an EU article on how a member state can leave the union.
    You two realize that it was a user comment and not written by "brain washed leftist Guardian journalist"? Even the source link was directly to the comment and not the article it was left at. I first saw this comment at Reddit but thought it was more fair to link to the original source.
    We don't know the negative ramifications of Brexit yet. What we are currently seeing is the ramifications of the clusterf'uck currently happening in UK politics and the fact that the Brexit camp seem to have no plan for Brexit. Last time I checked things are more or less the same as on the day the result was revealed. Pound course is still as down as it was before as far as I can tell.

UK already had a privileged position in the EU, as an example: us Finnish taxpayers have been paying the bill of Brits lower EU membership fee. But the Leave campaign made a Trumpesque promise that UK will somehow negotiate an even better deal with EU, where they will not be part of the union, have zero responsabilities but somehow reap all the benefits. That's not how it works, although many Brits probably miss the days when they had colonized and enslaved more than half of the world and there was no need to pay for filthy brown/black people.

Also, I have to take it as by "doomsayers" you're referring to most economists and experts. I don't follow Fox News but most economists I've seen have said that while the effects will be negative for the world economy it will most likely not be anywhere near for example, the financial crisis of 2008. There is still every reason to believe that Brexit will not be good for the economy of Britain, but a lot depends on what "leave" really means. EU isn't just a one thing, it's a bunch of different treaties and agreements with EU members not taking part in some and non-EU members taking part in some.

2. Default Re: Britain's vote to leave EU passes with ~51.8%

You forgot the picture