Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default [Updated] v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//11751/

2. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

Thanks again for not giving WAs any active-turned-passives, Nexon!

3. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

Aran and Evan's link skills look fun at any rate.

4. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

Is Aran's link better than Mercedes?

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

wow I didn't even know about this. thanks!

6. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

I don't understand the criteria used for turning actives into passives. When is a Cannoneer ever not going to want Stance up? When is a Phantom ever going to not want Clair de Lune up?

I understand that everything can't be turned into passives but I just want to know how they decided which should and shouldn't be passive.

7. Trump minus th money

all the categories are arbitrary

8. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

They really should just either turn everything it passives or at least give current buffs a longer timer. 3 minutes is just retarded - should not gave to recast buffs 20 times every damn hour.

9. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

That makes me remember someone complaining about that some years ago and I giving it no thought till I started playing games where buffs lasted anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour and only the OP ones lasted a couple minutes, I really wonder whats the reasoning for making buffs so short lived and I can only guess they keep it like that because they where like that before.

10. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

Honestly, what I think Nexon should do is this, in terms of passives:
    1. Turn all boosters into passives, but make them give a small attack boost (if they don't already). I feel like boosters are outdated, and don't really need to be active buffs anymore.
    2. Turn all Soul Arrow-type skills (for archers) into passives. Make it work in a way that you don't need arrows, but you will still consume arrows with attack boosts, and keep the other boosts to those skills.
    3. For Cygnus Knights, turn all 1st job Elemental skills into passives. The boosts they give are not worth being active skills (Night Walker's is basically venom, TB's can easily be a passive, Wind Archer's is only 10% damage, and Dawn Warrior's is stun chance, with passive defense ignore).
    4. For Phantoms, make their regular buffs into passives (except MW), and have it that their main active buffs are stolen skills.
    5. Turn Trifling Wind into a passive again, maybe. Honestly, turning it into an on/off was pointless, because there's never a time when I won't have it active. Plus, Song of Heaven hits 4 mobs anyway, so if both Chaos Pierres are on top of each other, you won't be attacking anyway.

11. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

They could stand to make everything passive except for Summons and Party Skills turn other skills into buffs with cooldowns if they don't want them to have 100% up time. The counterargument is that it makes the game even more braindead than it already is, at least rebuffing takes a modicum of thought to do and finding safe places to rebuff is pretty much half the reason Magnus is difficult.

They did that with Archers already. The first job skill Archer Mastery or whatever let you attack without arrows but then they changed it back.

12. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

I know, my point is that they could bring it back and incorporate it into the 2nd job skill, while making it passive. But I do mean for all archers, not just explorers.

13. Default Re: v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

I also think that every adventurer should have the same timer for their active buffs, same with phantom.

14. Trump minus th money

how else will they sell pet snacks and 3 pets per character

15. Default [Updated] v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

16. Default Re: [Updated] v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

17. Default Re: [Updated] v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Hadriel

18. Default Re: [Updated] v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

All active buffs should consume mana over time, that would be the only way of justifying active skills. That would also make mana relevant in game and anything that's related to mana. As of right now, only mages with magic guard care what their mana amount/levels are.

Maybe change the way mana works so players can adjust the amount of mana their skills burn per second, increasing the effectiveness of the skill the more mana it consumes. If there is a time to do this, it is now.

19. Default Re: [Updated] v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

Would be nice, considering WAs have 8 active buffs (9 if you count Trifling Wind), and we didn't get a single buff turned passive this patch. There's no excuse, honestly.

20. Default Re: [Updated] v.174 – Heroes of Maple: Reborn Patch Notes

They renamed bonus potential ignore defense but inner ability boss damage is still worded strange.