Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

How did it happen? When did it happen? IDK but something I think that just about everyone can agree on is that Maplestory the MMO is gone. What remains in it's place, is a generic single player internet game that has multiplayer elements and has the name "Maplestory". It's worth mentioning that this change is not necessarily a bad thing.

2. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Deadhorsememnon thread.

..no, but really, I recall you making a thread almost identical to this within the past year... unless I'm losing my pomegranate.

3. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

no pomegranate

4. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Horseman of the virtual apocalypse! I did make a thread that was about how I thought the game was near death but this one is about the apparent transition of Maplestory. Sort of like announcing that "the torch has been passed." I cant tell if Shads is agreeing or disagreeing but I didn't mean generic as in inferior but generic as in not unique. If that makes any sense?
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-06-06 at 05:28 PM.

5. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

This game needs a change of direction.

Since a long time ago, they made us grind tons of classes. What better way to make this game shine again? To take its flaws and make them a strenght. If they somehow make you able to "summon" other characters from your world/account, and make it so you have a tiny party of your own, it could save the state of the game by offering something unique. Aid in battle, and support for yourself and your party. Make it so the "helpers" aren't as powerful as usual, tweak all damage in the game one final time, and make classes more unique from each other.

But nobody will do a thing.

Wait what am I doing. Why do I even type anything.

6. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

I don't understand. are you describing some kind of solostory?

7. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

No. I'm giving other characters on the account a use beyond link skills, to have more varied characters. Unless you play 25 classes at the same time it's pretty useless.

And a party with other people would be like having a party of parties.

8. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

It's okay if MapleStory is dead, we can just start over. I'll make a poll so we can find out which version of Maple is the best to start from.

9. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Damn I wonder why KMS is so big atm then.
    What is this you're saying? I am still able to socialize? evil.

10. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Oh this again?

*sigh..* Maplestory is nto dead, lost popularity? Sure, but people will come back. PEople have come back due to summer. My guild has on average 15-20 people on at one time, Reboot channels are always seemingly full of people, and a lot of Scania is too. Not as much as it once was but still a lot.

11. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

At this point is like you and your kind want maplestory dead for the sake of feeling compensated for it letting you down.

You might not let go even if it dies or even Nexon dies.

12. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Maplestory will be revived once I buy the IP

13. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

The OP says that as an MMO, Maplestory can be classified as dead but as a different kind of single player oriented game it is still surviving. I guess it would have been less confusing if I had put retired or something but having it be killed off sounds way more dramatic.

I always wondered what it would be like in KMS. How are the state of things over there? I can only assume that the increased focus on single player activities had a positive effect in that version of the game?
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2016-06-07 at 09:50 AM.

14. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

So what would you do with it if you could get the IP?

15. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

if maplestory is classified as dead then what is latale lmfao

yall aint see nut

16. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Instead of always tooting the KMS horn, why not try playing GMS for a year? I really don't think you grasp why KMS does so much better than GMS despite being told many a time before.

Korea listens to kms players. They do not listen to us, despite keeping a stern grip on the GMS team's decisions. You don't play GMS, yet you always comment on these types of threads saying KMS is doing really well. Why? They aren't the same service.

17. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

I could be wrong but don't recall Latale ever being super popular.

Well hang on, I wasn't thinking of KMS at the start of the thread but I would not mind hearing about it. Supposedly its population is several times larger than GMS.

18. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Unfortunately the sad state of a lot of high potential KMMOs. What works in the Korean market doesn't work in the Global market and as a result the games fail because the developers refuse to treat them as two separate entities. They won't change anything KMS side that came from GMS players because they know the Korean Market and know what they want. But GMS side doesn't get an influence at all, and as a result there's a disconnect that's intentionally there that causes the game to fail.

Also it doesn't help that Nexon NA has never done anything to hackers, and it got to a point where people got sick of that pomegranate and left.

19. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Simplify, consolidate.
    • Get rid of the cluttered pineappleing UI, seriously half of those things are unnecessary. Most of the standard age group is 14-25, they can figure out how to open a goddamn quest log without having a button.
    • Get rid of potential, seriously I don't even care how many people quit over this. The idea of making your damage so dependent on this is absolutely deprived of any ethics. Id replace the revenue with things like Gachapon/boxes that give out chairs/pets. But I would also put a ticketing system where for every ticket/box you buy gives you a ticket (critical chance to get up to 5), where you can exchange them for the items in the boxes. Tickets will also drop from bosses (Bundles up to 10). Depending on the items chance I'll make the highest up to 5,000, the lowest being like, 50.
    • Revamp all the classes, the whole concept of AOE's and hurricane skills will be dropped, or exclusive to classes with balance related to their benefit. I'd also give them gimmicks, returning to concepts like Dark Knight being very buff oriented, while Shadowers were very flow like.
    • I'd reward having multiple classes by having discounts (including NX), increased storage (as in able to regulate all inventories on all characters), and maybe an aesthetic where you can fuse two sub classes specific clothes to create an entirely new outfit those classes can specifically wear. To even add to this further "ALL CLASS" equips, such as the smiling mask, can also give you special exclusive costumes or whatever. For the exclusives I'd put something relatively cheap in the CS, like, 400 NX to be used as fusing material for anything that came from the boxes/gachapon.
    • Go back to the scroll system with equipment, remove the break feature, add materials to be used with the scroll that are NPCable drops, encouraging grinding outside of the "BEST EXP". This includes boss material that could be used (Zakums eye)
    • Option of special dungeons specifically for parties, it encourages party play, doesn't create havoc trying to find a channel.
    The biggest changes would be minimizing the class selection and focusing on balancing between them. Get rid of AOE/super buffs/passive haste/Flash jump/infinte frame moves. You're just playing a GM class at this point, there needs to be a reeling back so players take actual time to explore maps, where partying makes goddamn sense again. These would be the priorities for me. Also I would probably do a character wipe, have the IGNS who have been active at least in a year (as in ANY activity on the account) be email locked. I'd also probably allow a 'recreation' but only after an allotted amount of time. For example if you have a level 250 character, depending on the EXP ratio, I won't allow you to have access to the regenerated character (CS relations exempt) until a character reaches that level. This is to ensure a revival with no head starts or unfair leverage for players.

I'd also do more to encourage minigames such as omok, make it so you can possibly bet NX/Meso, or get a surprise reward from winning. Probably put some safeguard that affects win/loss ratios, but have a bet match up to 5 times per character. The prizes wouldn't be anything big, like unique omok pieces or something.

Those are just some things off the top of my head.