IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

As if I haven't played GMS for around six months back in 2014? Or played during 2007~2010, Honestly go read what I've said in the past about the differences.

Yes I'll keep saying this why? Because we're talking about Maplestory not Global, Perhaps you should go on twitch and look at all the TWMS streamers (Hi look like 5 of them with ~60 viewers together as I'm writing this comment and it's 3 PM in Taiwan and people work), Youku for the CMS videos, and Afreecatv for KMS streams? How come they're doing so well if the game (Maplestory) is dead?
    Even EMS to some extent is doing well despite being merged due to whothepineappleknowswhy lol.

Stop complaining about your own service, how many times will many say that don't listen, yet GMS is seeing improvements yearly/monthly? Yeah Nexon America is a piece of pomegranate, happy? Doesn't discredit their improvements throughout the last 3 years.

What exactly do you want them to do? It's a work in progress, Also saying that KMS and GMS are so different is false, how about you go play KMS for a year, the base work is of both game isn't that vastly different, or how about look at MSEA or EMS, what you're complaining about isn't actually the service at this point but rather the game especially when you consider who takes the higher decisions, which would be KNX.

Look at Khainiwest's comment for a moment, we're talking about the GAME, not the service, his comment regards the fundamentals of MS at the moment and what should be fixed, according to his thoughts, but not the service which yes does need further improvements.

If the game was literally DEAD, then none of the services would even see light, and even GMS sees light, maybe it doesn't fit you, but that doesn't mean the game is dead.

Just face it, nothing big will change, what exactly does the Global market needs to strive? Obviously KMS surely works better because of PC bangs, hint, not really.
    Maybe it's the fact that people are willing to grind their asses off? Maybe.
    Flames? Maybe.

The game does get stale and everyone in every version can agree on this. You're all just fed up with it and that's fine.

Tell me without changing how the game works because both GMS and KMS have the same basis of being at the core, what do they need to do? Do they need to listen more to the GMS players? That's always desirable in any game, people do want dev-player communication.

@Pikamemnon; The game doesn't feel that much of a single player, socializing is easy as piss as it always been, and that's important thing about MS, People meet up at CRA to do bosses and can talk, Usually a carry will ask 15 scubes [what drops from the boss] for carrying but sometimes this becomes into a relationship of friendship or adding a noob to a guild, I've seen this on GMS reboot as well but in a different way [adding people to guild].
    Merchants socializing, Guildies doing KS wars, dumbasses talking on insoya, people and their stupid fashion sense discussing what NX should they get, pomegranate tons of smegas, what the pineapple is so different in GMS that it prevents basic communications?
    Yeah grinding is lonely, but it's always been pomegranatety at least in my eyes, what do you want to know?
    Last edited by TheBlackMage; 2016-06-08 at 02:13 AM. Reason: These threads are just boring and stale now just like the game hue huh

2. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Even though the game has been making consistent improvements, there was (still is?) an undeniable player bleed in GMS. I tried to pinpoint the cause but the best I can figure is that Global Maple is seen as a niche game or maybe it was like a fad. Maple keeps getting better but whatever it was that used to attract players to it in GMS appears to be different than from where the game is headed. My question is do you think the decline is part of the normal life cycle for Maple, could it be due to competition from other games or could there have been something that Nexon NA could have done differently?

3. Lead Ball
    IGN: Watt
    Server: 루na
    Level: 240
    Job: Hero
    Guild: 깜찍
    Alliance: 깜찍qkff
    Farm: 에디

I believe it's both, The game is old, people do get bored of it, there's a lot to do but it takes me personally to run all bosses per day like 30 minutes (With Queue timers, switching maps etc) which I am ok with, I used to take an awful time and the game let me and friends progress to the point where I can do this, There's a good amount of content it just depends if you like grinding at Heaven/World tree for 2 hours a day or something or try and practice CRA/Etc when you're weaker, Merch which can involve you talking with others, Browsing auction etc.

KMS had a bleed, a few years back as well, but that's why I've said both, League became huge in PC Bangs and stole seats easily, Sudden attack exists and so on, NA has other great games and MMORPGs which people in Korea don't really play and that's fine and people from NA moved from GMS to those, CS:GO - LOL - Overwatch - ToS just a few examples, Heck how many times have I met people who played gms and lol at the same time and later on to just LoL.

Nexon NA does a lot of pineapples up and that doesn't help, same goes for KR, but something is holding KMS alive despite the competition and sometimes dumb stuff that can happen, Nexon KR has a huge difference from NA in one regard, hacking and botting though, It's so strict and I wish Nexon NA could do something about it, I think it would help a bit.

I keep talking about KMS because people are still enjoying it so I don't like to see "MS is dead" as it is not true, there are plenty of people who still enjoy it.
    I guess Koreans love grinding and RNG more than NA players (Best NX is always RNG, Golden apples [Gacha], Master label, Potential and so on).
    I think plenty of NA players still enjoy it as well, it does get boring but that's typical for any game, especially a 10+ years old game, hell look at WoW now that is a real RIP in my book.

It's not helping that the game has a huge trouble of attracting newer people as well, it is a niche game there's nothing to expect from it, but it's still fun and I am looking forward, I rather play it for 1 hour than other games nowdays and chat in later hours though.
    I mean KMS2 is pretty much a failure whilst a 13 year old game is still up there, you know?

4. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Maybe there are more teenagers playing KMS than other servers?The age structure is more proper?

5. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

...I had more viewers on my blade and soul streams...what you just stated is proof that it IS dead.

6. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

I sure hope that it wasn't implying that ~60 viewers over 5 streams is 'doing so well'

because if so:
    Spoiler

7. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

GMS is the only version that's really "dying". As mentioned, Maple Story remains one of the top games in South Korea. Nexon KR's #2 game (DFO being #1.) according to Korean ranking websites.

.....And you can bet your sweet ass that it will become populated again with the release of Fifth Jobs. Major updates ALWAYS bring people back to GMS in droves. (See: Big Bang and RED.) It's just that MS hasn't had anything that major in recent memory. Reboot was the last big thing. And that was a while ago.

Say what you want about their phase when they were churning out new classes, but they WERE bringing the people in.

8. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Stop pomegranate posting we get it, the game isn't as popular anymore.

9. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Then why isn't it bringing me back. Because what the hell can 5th job offer me that the older content couldnt? Stronger AOE? I mean come on, you have classes that make map sizes seem like the size of ludi's pot shop when you can fly across it in 3 key strokes.

Majority of the people they plan to bring back with this, GMS anyway, aren't going to come back because of a lol job advancement

10. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

are you sure you're not coming back because there's no content anymore or because you as a person has moved out of the age/mentality of wanting to play maplestory alltogether.

11. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

It probably will bring back a lot of people, most major updates do. But that is incredibly short term. Reboot is already getting quite low in population and popularity and it's been half a year. Nothing sticks.
    Last edited by Justin; 2016-06-08 at 06:33 PM.

12. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

9 times out of 10, from what I've noticed and my own personal experience, the people complaining about there being no sense of community/no one socializes are the people who refuse to socialize. I came back to MapleStory in December after not playing for almost 2.5 years, and the social aspect is definitely still there. It's different, though. You're not going to meet people doing Ludibrium PQ like we did years ago.

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i complained about it and spent most of my time socializing, i literally logged into the game to chat with the guild and strangers. in roots and whatnot

14. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Then why are pre-big bang private server players so much more social than the official version? I kid you not, I've played 3 different old private servers and had absolutely no problem finding sociable players to both train with, and boss with. Current Maple? Next to no one. Boss squad sizes went from 30 to 6. Bosses were essentially impossible to solo. It forced a group of players to work together. Training was -BENEFICIAL- to everyone in group settings. And don't even throw the whole "The game shouldn't have to force you to interact" spiel at me. This game has slowly gone from group-based and community based activities to a single player RPG.

Yes, the game should not force you to interract with others, and pre-big bang Maplestory didn't force it either. But it should ENCOURAGE it, for pineapple's sake. And current Maplestory absolutely does not god damn do that.

Sorry to uh... turn this into a whole "pre vs post big bang" thing again.

15. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

KMS will always live, when it start to actually die all other versions will most likely to be dead; i guess EMS now is merging with GMS since it problably died a while, idk about MSEA and JMS/TMS, but they are still up; i just don't know if maple will be able to grow it's popularity too much, i guess it might just stay in the line to be alive but not super popular.

16. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

It isn't about the content, or lack there-of, it's about the direction it went that killed it for me

17. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Alright, let's break this one down.

60 viewers is nothing. 60 viewers across 5 streams is 12 viewers a stream. Yes, I get that MapleStory isn't that exciting to watch but RuneScape gets more viewers than that.

Nexon America making improvements does not mean that they're immune to criticism. If a building starts crumbling and the owner starts fixing it after the floor collapses, do you disregard the fact the floor collapsed? Making improvements now is great and all but if there was routine maintenance instead of panic fixes the game would be in better shape now.

You're thinking the same way (I imagine) Nexon KR does. The game is the same but the player bases are not. What works in one market isn't guaranteed to work in another market and it's foolhardy to think otherwise. P2W might be the Korean standard but it's not the most popular model outside of Korea. Hours of grinding for one level might work in Korea, but not in other markets especially given how there isn't really much to do at the level cap. In other MMOs (Guild Wars and WoW for example) you unlock a sizeable chunk of content once you hit the level cap. What happens when you hit the level cap in MapleStory?

18. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

@Five Second Pose
    You get a chair and a message when you level up, besides the fact you problably max/nearly max the hyper stat, that is pretty usefull

19. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Pre-Big Bang private servers (I played one called DestinyMS for years... About 3 or 4 years) have given me the same experience as I've gotten in Reboot. It's most likely just what you make of it.

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make. That you complain, but you're also social, so what I said is automatically wrong because of that? Or that you try socializing and you aren't getting the social experience you want out of MapleStory?

I've always wondered why this entire forum is so fixated on arguing pre-big bang to post big bang... This game was "ruined" before big bang patch was even hit.

20. Default Re: Maplestory is not dying, it is already deceased

Oh you mean including the trade function completely broken almost immediately? I mean I'll be honest, I haven't touched anything MS related probably since 2012, 2014 if you include me logging onto just Omok and smega spam the "COME BACK TO US, HERE FREE NX" emails. Things haven't changed at all, the very architecture is broken, no matter what system, content, or whatever is provided, hackers run the game, point blank. You will not find a single problem like that in a private server, yet they regulate the same population pretty much. Funny how that works lmao.

It's pretty clear he's complaining that the type of socialization he experiences is not organic with the content like it was when preparing goby/zakum/horntail. I mean honestly, you're saying "9/10 TIMES IT WAS THEIR FAULT", when someone contradicts your assertion it's suddenly "WHY AM I WRONG???". He's adding to the conversation as an example who actively tried to socialize, they're both opinions, it's not right or wrong.

It died once the damage cap was increased to like 50m or whatever, that was post big bang believe it or not. The potential we had was at least manageable, although I don't agree with it. I mean I know you're probably confusing yourself by the retardation from basil and reddit but the criticisms/suggestions are fairly consistent. Rest assured none of them are "ROLL BACK TO BIG BANG".