Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

From what I can understand of the translations of the Medal names and descriptions, these Medals are not your standard PQ reward. That is, not something anybody who does the PQ enough times will earn (like the Spiegelmann necklace, the Ariant chair, or the PPQ Lord Pirate Hat). They are medals for outstanding win/lose ratio. That is, for example, you need to win 5x as many times as you lose to get the first medal, and 10x as many as you lose to get the second. (Obviously I just invented these numbers).

That's a small comfort to those of us over 70. At least we know not every noob will have something we can never get.

If that's so, this CPQ will be much more cutthroat than the original. First of all, no more trade-wins. Everybody is out for blood all the time. Second, no low-levels participating. Nobody would want to start off their record with some losses. Even if they were willing to chance it, nobody would party them, since every loss hurts. (And if the system selects your opponents for you, that's even worse). Third, we may well see people using Apples, or completely changing their third-job builds, maxing CPQ2-useful skills first.

Or I may be misunderstanding entirely. Anybody on KMST able to find out the exact conditions for getting the Medals?

2. Default

aw those medals looked useful too, boo

3. Default

Very good job, Isaac. As for the whole patch, it really doesn't seem like they got a lot. But, the overall changes are pretty drastic. CPQ 2 and getting rid of some of the world tours. Anyways, thanks for the extractions. ^_^

4. Default

Unless the system is completely random, I don't see why people wouldn't trade wins. You just need a dedicated losing character (probably a Wizard who couldn't win anyway). And who doesn't have multiple level 5x-6x chars? With all the PQs and stuff they added it's pretty easy to get to 50.

5. Default

I read from one of the translations that one of the Medals goes to the person with the most wins, and another to the person with the best W/L ratio. I'm assuming it changes hands?

And lol using Apples. If MC2 is anything like MC1, your killing speed will be limited by spawn more than anything else (highest density of spawn is 3 Rombots, which can easily be killed in less than 5 seconds by a level 50 character). As long as you can kill the spawn off and slow the other person down, you can't lose.

6. Default

Okay the all stats +7 medal goes to the person with the most wins.
    The all stats +10 medal goes to the person with the best W/L ratio.

for the +10 medal you have to have a minimum no. of matches. (Nobody has gotten this medal because of this)

7. Default

I can see people rigging it I mean you already get some people that pay to lose at the current CPQ...

I hope they equate quitting the PQ as a loss otherwise it's going to be a disaster. Everyone will just quit half way through if they see they are losing.

8. Default

That +10 medal is hot. Sucks about the 70- thing. Is there a chance we might be able to transfer it to higher chars if/when we get the scissor things to make things tradeable?

9. Default

From the names, I'd guess only 1 person gets the medal at a time, based on wins/win ratio, but if I'm wrong, damn nice gear...
    Getting them without karma scissors would screw high levels though

10. Default

Isaac, you may want to doublecheck this, but I noticed that Snipe for Marksman was decreased to 4 seconds at max level. If so, this will be a huge improvement.

11. Default

Oh, I see this too. It's only affected at max though.

12. Default

So does this mean that a one of a kind item will literally be one of a kind?

13. Default

Whoa...this just keeps getting better and better...xD

14. Default

Ack, I missed something kinda important.
    TRADEABLE!

15. Default

Wonder where this one comes from...

16. Default

That's the CPQ reward. That's the most unbalanced thing ever.

17. Default

Nice ring...*covets*

At this rate Snipe will end up having 0 cooldown.

18. Hot minute Gay Male

IGN: Farewell
    Server: Reboot
    Level: ???
    Job: Meth Addict
    Guild: None
    Alliance: None

Never mind, scrolled through the thread and found my answer. ;x Can't wait to get myself one of those rings.
    Last edited by Blake; 2009-01-16 at 11:39 PM.

19. Default

those rings are sweet, how many points do they require? also do they have any slots? if you can equip 4 rings with chaos scrolled atk on it would be insane, but 0slots sounds more fair