Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

So no 5th job medal or mount then, either? Oh well

2. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Option 60011, level 1, is 30% Boss Damage, Option 60010, level 1, is 30% Ignore DEF

3. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

I actually love the idea of having a system like this. An expanding skill system with customization and uniqueness per character. And that throws the "one level = predestined SP" out of the window completely. Your growth depends on chance and self-challenges. I remember some time ago suggesting something similar, but with simple stats and achievements. Now THIS is a way better way of adding it. Let's see what the skill requirements are, and let's hope they are balanced enough.

There's already level 200 mounts and medals. Just pretend they thought ahead.

4. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Whats better than hero? SUPER HERO!

jk. They could always rename the 4th job and then name 5th job Hero.

5. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Xenon's "Mega Smasher" is a pretty smashing skill.

6. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

It shows up in the 'Battle' tab of the chat window now, as well as mesos gained and items looted.

8. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Since they're changing crit damage, does it just take your maximum and completely ignore minimum or what happens? Does your minimum get added to max?

9. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Am I the only one that feels like this is just another add on to hyperskills and not an actual 5th Job =\

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

From what I understand, there's no maximum or minimum. All crits for all characters and classes do the same damage (relative to non-crits).

11. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

It is rather lacking, yes. Hopefully it's expanded on thoroughly...

12. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

I know they were changing it to a uniformed critical damage, I just wonder whats happening with any minimum critical bonuses classes have, are they just changed into critical damage?

13. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Honestly (assuming it gets expanded on and we end up with around 6 or 7 more skills) it would basically be a job advance, just without a name change.

As long as it gets expanded on, I think its fine (and I REALLY enjoy the fact that you can upgrade older skills; which reminds me, what does upgrading Beholder do, anyone know? Does it upgrade EVERY single ability he has?)

Edit: On the subject of dark knight, it seems Dark Spear will continue to damage a target, if they remain in contact with the spear; Saw a video of C-Von Bon taking around 16 lines of damage because he stayed in contact with the spear as it was forming.

14. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Probably just increases the final damage on beholders attacks..

15. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

How many slots does it have? Also is it time limited?

16. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

11 slots. Time-limited and extension is not possible.

I'm writing a short guide about the V Matrix. Stay tuned.

17. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

The initial update is rather lacklustre for how long we've been waiting for 5th job. However, I like the direction they're going with this. If they introduce enough cores, we might get some degree of customization in skill builds rather than having everyone with the same cookie-cutter build.

18. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

This is how the V Matrix currently works in the test server:

Explanation on the V Matrix

Hopefully this has cleared up some doubts and questions.
    Last edited by Spadow; 2016-06-28 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Removed part of Blink since it was incorrect.

19. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Okay, that does clear up quite a bit - I like the system a lot! Though I believe having the ability to add 3 HUNDRED % final damage to skills is just way too much. That's an insane amount of power creep...

20. Default Re: Maplestory "High Five" Private Showcase

Well if you can get decent skills from cores then it's time to replace decent SE nebs and SI potentials.